OT Fields at OSU

Really? So Joe Burrow didn't work out for LSU or Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield for Oklahoma. Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Jake Coker, Jacoby Brissett? Or how about Troy Aikman

It all depends on the situation. Obviously if you have Joe blow transferring out because he is trash than he probably wont work out. If you have Jimmy Garropolo as the starting QB and Jared Goff comes in as a freshman ofcourse Jimmy is going to transfer. Does that mean Jimmy is a trash QB? No.

Tate was smart to gtfo of dodge because Fields was the chosen one and unless he really fvcked up would be starting because he was supposed to be the next big QB in the NCAA. Its already being shown that Fields is getting preferential treatment at OSU.

Advertisement
Im pretty sure the percentages favor my view.....im not going to go look but im sure theres more fail on transfers alone then non transfers.

How are you sure if you won’t even look into the numbers? It doesn’t work that way. You’re just talking without any substance. You’re just throwing out a blanketed statement without even doing research. First, you’re assuming all transfers are the same. Then I gave you about 5 transfers that were successful and you still ignore. You saying that the majority of transfers don’t pan out is like me saying that the majority of freshmen can’t contribute right away without considering other factors. That doesn’t make it true.

It all depends on the situation. Obviously if you have Joe blow transferring out because he is trash than he probably wont work out. If you have Jimmy Garropolo as the starting QB and Jared Goff comes in as a freshman ofcourse Jimmy is going to transfer. Does that mean Jimmy is a trash QB? No.

Tate was smart to gtfo of dodge because Fields was the chosen one and unless he really fvcked up would be starting because he was supposed to be the next big QB in the NCAA. Its already being shown that Fields is getting preferential treatment at OSU.

You’re correct but the person he was responding to just made a generalized assumption saying transfers rarely workout without any form of data or consideration of the situation. I think that’s what the poster was responding to.

Just saw the numbers from Ohio State's spring game. Justin Fields: 4-14 131 yards. 98 of those came on one bomb to Binjamin Victor who was being covered by a walk-on corner. Maybe struggling learning a new offense at a new school isn't just limited to Tate Martell.

Haha, hey, I’m a Cane dawg.

When Fields was at GA, his throws were very late .... part of this comes with reps or maybe he was over rated

Eason is a solid QB --- watch

Eason has a big time arm. It will be interesting to see if he can put it together. It definitely seemed like he processed things slower than Fromm while at UGA., though.

Fields was decent running the ball as a freshman last season. But he did almost nothing in the passing game. Ohio State* just traded away two highly rated QBs to bring in one that may or may not be able to complete forward passes at the college level.

Advertisement
How are you sure if you won’t even look into the numbers? It doesn’t work that way. You’re just talking without any substance. You’re just throwing out a blanketed statement without even doing research. First, you’re assuming all transfers are the same. Then I gave you about 5 transfers that were successful and you still ignore. You saying that the majority of transfers don’t pan out is like me saying that the majority of freshmen can’t contribute right away without considering other factors. That doesn’t make it true.
Im just assuming most dont become savages thats all, its rare. Does it happen? sure it does but I think more often it doesn't work out as planned.

Im just assuming most dont become savages thats all, its rare. Does it happen? sure it does but I think more often it doesn't work out as planned.

That’s the issue. You’re assuming that it’s rare when it’s really not. That’s why you can’t make blanket statements. I named at least 5 qbs off the top of my head from last year. There are certainly more. We’ll see what happens with Fields. But you can’t just assume that transfer qbs don’t pan out most of the time. That’s just flawed. And we can go back decades to disapprove that. We have even witness the worst qbs ball out when they transfer. I mean look at Jeff Driscoll he balled out once he left Florida. Will Grier. You watch too much football to just make a silly generalized statement like that.

"..going to be interesting to see this play out.......a long time guy that covers ohio st has been "internet friends" with me since back in the scout days....
sounds like most of the folks that cover the buckeyes thought baldwin had the better spring overall but Day had painted himself in a corner with the dealing with fields and his qb coach.
if fields struggles things could get hot in columbus sooner than normal."

from someone on another board. (NOT OSU)

Advertisement
That’s the issue. You’re assuming that it’s rare when it’s really not. That’s why you can’t make blanket statements. I named at least 5 qbs off the top of my head from last year. There are certainly more. We’ll see what happens with Fields. But you can’t just assume that transfer qbs don’t pan out most of the time. That’s just flawed. And we can go back decades to disapprove that. We have even witness the worst qbs ball out when they transfer. I mean look at Jeff Driscoll he balled out once he left Florida. Will Grier. You watch too much football to just make a silly generalized statement like that.
But where did Driskel go? I havent heard of him since, when u leave a big time school and go to Memphis or those type of teams and do well I dont count that cause the comp is trash. Thats like going to UCF and balling on a weak schedule then never to hear from them again cause the nfl new they sucked and couldnt compete with that type of talent. A guy like Willis was a 5 star UF didnt want to let him go they had too they had no choice, and we got him and we knew what we were getting. He didnt leave cause of playing time if he did chances r he was a scrub he left cause of problems off the field. Like u see a Martel struggling (although its practice) u go on OSU forums and they say he sucks, chances r he probably sucks. When we say someone sucks and they leave chances r they suck, but the team that picks them up will slurp like its a good player I see it happen time and time again.

But where did Driskel go? I havent heard of him since, when u leave a big time school and go to Memphis or those type of teams and do well I dont count that cause the comp is trash. Thats like going to UCF and balling on a weak schedule then never to hear from them again cause the nfl new they sucked and couldnt compete with that type of talent. A guy like Willis was a 5 star UF didnt want to let him go they had too they had no choice, and we got him and we knew what we were getting. He didnt leave cause of playing time if he did chances r he was a scrub he left cause of problems off the field.

didnt joe flacco do pretty well for himself as a transfer?

didnt joe flacco do pretty well for himself as a transfer?
I didnt say all thats the thing, im saying the percentages r low for elite success. Not just a jag I mean elite success and str8 killing it at there new team. Its rare is all Im saying Im not saying its impossible

If Fields is a one read and run guy, Urban Meyer's offense (I'm assuming they're still going to run it) should suit him well. The whole point of a spread system is to simplify the game and not require the quarterback to have multiple reads and check downs.

Advertisement
If Fields is a one read and run guy, Urban Meyer's offense (I'm assuming they're still going to run it) should suit him well. The whole point of a spread system is to simplify the game and not require the quarterback to have multiple reads and check downs.
They are not close to running Urban’s offense.

They are not close to running Urban’s offense.
I don't really follow Ohio State much but Ryan Day, who was Urban's OC last year and got his coaching start as a GA under Urban at Florida, is changing the offense?

Bruh UGA would of did all to keep him, they would of moved mountains to keep him. My guess is they saw him at practice and saw enough and maybe the game was to fast for him. UGA practices are almost bama level by now already and no one lets savages walk away especially at QB, its rare. Chances r the kid sucks its highly probable hes all camp warrior. Not saying your wrong u could be right as well but this is usually the case with these schools/athletes
Yeah I think your definitely calling it on this one. We just seen bama and clemson put their younger qb's on da field. They would've at least got him more real game snaps. **** they had just did that with Brohm and the other QBs that left for uw.

Advertisement
I don't really follow Ohio State much but Ryan Day, who was Urban's OC last year and got his coaching start as a GA under Urban at Florida, is changing the offense?
That's why he got Fields and let Tate transfer. Tate balled in Urban's offense but Day wants a QB for his. He has an NFL background, so I assume he's more pro style

More like the offense you saw Haskins run than Barrett Pryor Miller. Lot less designed running from the QB and Fields will work under center at times.

That's why he got Fields and let Tate transfer. Tate balled in Urban's offense but Day wants a QB for his. He has an NFL background, so I assume he's more pro style
Only thing is fields looks lost when trying to throw the ball, he looked the same way at uga last year. Maybe he was massively overrated

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back