OT Fields at OSU

The thing that people are missing with Fields is the Ryan Day factor.

He's one of the best QB developers in college football, what he did with JT Barrett & Dwayne Haskins can be duplicated with Fields with the Offensive system they run. Fields doesn't have Haskins arm talent but he has more upside than Barrett.

They won't be as good as they were last year considering they basically lost their entire WR corp, but they'll still be the favorites in the B1G because Penn St is taking a big dive this year & Harbaugh will always Harbaugh.

Advertisement
If Kirby and his staff thought Fields could bring them a natty, they wouldn't have traded Fromm's one year left (he's leaving to go pro after this year) for Fields' three years of eligibility.

Exactly!!!
Did you watch QB1 with Fields?
I was not impressed with him, his leadership or his overall attitude.
Great athlete but never once thought he would beat Fromm.
Maybe it works at OSU but really dont care... unless we end up some how playing them!

The thing that people are missing with Fields is the Ryan Day factor.

He's one of the best QB developers in college football, what he did with JT Barrett & Dwayne Haskins can be duplicated with Fields with the Offensive system they run. Fields doesn't have Haskins arm talent but he has more upside than Barrett.

They won't be as good as they were last year considering they basically lost their entire WR corp, but they'll still be the favorites in the B1G because Penn St is taking a big dive this year & Harbaugh will always Harbaugh.
Why didn't Day develop Martell if Enos has to break everything down and build him back up?

Advertisement
Bruh UGA would of did all to keep him, they would of moved mountains to keep him. My guess is they saw him at practice and saw enough and maybe the game was to fast for him. UGA practices are almost bama level by now already and no one lets savages walk away especially at QB, its rare. Chances r the kid sucks its highly probable hes all camp warrior. Not saying your wrong u could be right as well but this is usually the case with these schools/athletes
The school has no control over transfers.

Why didn't Day develop Martell if Enos has to break everything down and build him back up?
He was a True Freshman that Redshirted, how was he going to develop him if he transferred?

Enos doesn't run the same offense as Day, of course he's going to have to coach him up differently to run a different offense.

The school has no control over transfers.
they dont but if a kid is elite and wants to leave the staff will tell boosters he needs to stay and then they will get his *** to stay

Edit
Saban convince that monster DE to stay who was a frsh last year. He was going to transfer 100......how u think they convinced him? Dude is prolly the best DE they ever recruited kid is a first round type.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was a True Freshman that Redshirted, how was he going to develop him if he transferred?

Enos doesn't run the same offense as Day, of course he's going to have to coach him up differently to run a different offense.
He was there the entire season practicing and in the QB room with Day. I find it hard to believe that Ryan Day wouldve offered Fields the chance to transfer in if he thought he had a great qb in Martell...I don't care what offense you ran big time QBs dont look like trash against a 3rd team defense and walkons in a 2nd scrimmage....

Last edited:
Just saw the numbers from Ohio State's spring game. Justin Fields: 4-14 131 yards. 98 of those came on one bomb to Binjamin Victor who was being covered by a walk-on corner. Maybe struggling learning a new offense at a new school isn't just limited to Tate Martell.
OR maybe Coley was right to say he sucks...

So is it the same for both starting QB's of the 2018 College playoff semi-final game between Bama & Clemson? Both Kelly Bryant & Jalen Hurts were replaced the following year and have since transferred. Also Fromm beat out Jacob Eason the previous year and he transferred out as well.
Fromm didn’t beat out Eason. Eason got hurt and UGA got on a roll. They were scared to go back to him.

Advertisement
Difference between Fields situation and Martell's is there is no true QB position battle going on at OSU. Everyone knows Fields will be the starter come game 1. That is not the case for Martell. Martell is entrenched in a 3 way battle royale to be the starter here.
And that, ultimately, could force Martell to improve. Competition has a way of doing that. I wouldn't read too much into one mediocre scrimmage.

If moving to a new city affects his confidence and makes him uncomfortable then he lacks the necessary mental make up to play QB @ Miami. The other 2 did NOT have enough playing time to develop any chemistry advantage over Tate. Him lacking confidence will not earn him respect from teammates, showing leadership will. I disagree that he lacks confidence I thinks it's more a result of him being asked to do many things that are not his strengths as a QB. I DO AGREE the battle will be won this summer and he may very well end up coming out number 1 as it is way too early to pick a leader at this point.
Then maybe he needs his own package, different from the other QBs. That was always Coley's intention with Rosier but Malik had to become the full-time starter.

Former 5 Star, All World, SEC Starting True Freshman Jacob Eason...

Is apparently really struggling up at Washington as well and appears to be losing out to a 3* Freshman.

The QB position is a crap shoot and stars, height and arm strength look good on paper, but you never know if you are getting a Gardner Minshew or a Malik Zaire until they step on the field for real. The coaches might know, but the fans sure as **** aren't going to know in the spring.

Be patient.
Who was that former 5-star from State of Washington, bounced around in college, came to us his final year and almost never played.

Advertisement
And that, ultimately, could force Martell to improve. Competition has a way of doing that. I wouldn't read too much into one mediocre scrimmage.
Man, I don't know bro. Did you attend the scrimmage my brother? Martell was baaaadddd. He was missing check downs, slants, and 9 route to Njoku against the 3rd team defense. I think Martell's biggest problem isn't being in a competition, I think it's the fact that he's competing against two players who are clearly better pure passers than him. Maybe he'll shine this coming Saturday in Orlando, but this past Saturday was a bad showing.

Last edited:
I don't think Fromm is all that. He's what I would call steady. He doesn't have a wow factor and minimizes mistakes. Having said that, coaches love that about him as well aa the fact that he's a good kid. I think he'll stay his senior year.

Just saw the numbers from Ohio State's spring game. Justin Fields: 4-14 131 yards. 98 of those came on one bomb to Binjamin Victor who was being covered by a walk-on corner. Maybe struggling learning a new offense at a new school isn't just limited to Tate Martell.

Or they both suck

Advertisement
Back