OT: Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can go on for days. The point I was making with this is power only gets you so far. When you have real competition, not the bums of today, power that He has won't do ****.
Im not arguing that. We talking straight punching power which hes up there all time. When it comes to everything else he not there thats a given. All those guys you mentioned fought cans too he can only fight who's available to him

Wilder is getting away with fighting in one of the weakest HW divisions of all time. Of course his punch doesn't land by luck, but fundamentally he is not a sound fighter. This is not a maravilla type situation where you can argue his unorthodox style is beneficial. His technique is straight up bad and if he was competing against real champion caliber HWs he would get his schit pushed in.
Hes taking advantage though thats not on him that its weak. We in a weak coastal and we cant even do what hes doing

Advertisement
I just exited this thread when i saw that jacobs beat canelo talk. I had to leave when i saw that blasphemy

Im not arguing that. We talking straight punching power which hes up there all time. When it comes to everything else he not there thats a given. All those guys you mentioned fought cans too he can only fight who's available to him

I disagree. First of all yes they all fought Cans, but not 41 cans and the only decent guy he fought he ended up with a D. Second, anybody can look like they have great power when they fight guys with glass jaws. All the guys I mentioned have KOd guys with granite jaws in their careers. They have rocked guys with great jaws. Fury has a very suspect chin, got landed clean on the button, and didn't get KOd. Look at most of Furys KOs on people with even decent chins. Its one shot that sets up his 500 windmill punches that still don't cold KO people sometimes.

Advertisement
I've been a Boxing addict since the 70s (Salvador Sanchez was my Favorite Boxer ever)...Best Pound for Pound boxer ever....He Destroyed 5 Future HOFers by 23yrs old...and one twice (Lopez)....The Beatings he put on Wilfredo Gomez and Felix Trinidad Sr are still etched in my mind...

Hes taking advantage though thats not on him that its weak. We in a weak coastal and we cant even do what hes doing

No doubt. I am not blaming him for it or "hating" like some of the other porsters are saying I am. I am just saying dude is overated af amongst the casual fans and that his power is not top 10 all time. Good for him for making money and capitalizing on the weak division, but when people start gassing him up I gotta start stating facts lol.

I've been a Boxing addict since the 70s (Salvador Sanchez was my Favorite Boxer ever)...Best Pound for Pound boxer ever....He Destroyed 5 Future HOFers by 23yrs old...and one twice (Lopez)....The Beatings he put on Wilfredo Gomez and Felix Trinidad Sr are still etched in my mind...

If these MFs want to see what a real KO artists looks like. They need to look up Julian Jackson. When he touched people they went to sleep.

Advertisement
Back