OT: Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale

His technique-less throw nothing but haymakers approach worked again. One day he will be matched vs an opponent with strong fundamentals and will get worked.

Oh thats right, he already did but the fix was in and the judges took the W from Fury.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His technique-less throw nothing but haymakers approach worked again. One day he will be matched vs an opponent with strong fundamentals and will get worked.

Oh thats right, he already did but the fix was in and the judges took the W from Fury.
Wilder doest have great fundamentals but He finished the fight with a left jab followed with a straight right how is that technique-less? lol Thats a punch that he throws better than anyone in the division. Wilder is pretty a controlled fighter until he hurts his opponent then the windmills come out but he ended breazeale with as fundamental of a punch as it gets

Lol at him running from AJ
What do you call it if your promoter is trying to say he wants the fight but only if hes making more than double the money of Joshua? Obviously you realize the boxers can say I'll do it for a more competitive stake... I dont care much about either of them but I'd call that running since Joshua says he doesnt mind making less than wilder but its gotta be atleast closer to even.

Ggg won the first fight got bodied second fight and he dismantled jacobs. Wtf r people watching letting there emotions get in the way. I was going for DJ and ggg but canelo diced them boys up. Some people need to stop watching the sport
Bruh ur trippin if you think canelo diced up ggg in that second fight. It was alot better fight than the first but ggg was even better in that fight too. That's the fight that shoulda been a draw. U woulda brought up ward I could've agreed. Ward kovalav was another boxing mockery. First fight no chance in **** kovalav lost. But that decision broke kovalav. He ain't been the Same since. Pac man is the king of getting robbed. First Bradley fight than that horn fight and I forget the one other. For me boxing is sad once it goes to the cards. Corruption is predictable at that point.

Advertisement
Wilder doest have great fundamentals but He finished the fight with a left jab followed with a straight right how is that technique-less? lol Thats a punch that he throws better than anyone in the division. Wilder is pretty a controlled fighter until he hurts his opponent then the windmills come out but he ended breazeale with as fundamental of a punch as it gets
True. That was a gorgeous combo last night. And yeah, I get you, that is definitely technique. I lost a ton of respect for Wilder in the Fury fight though. He literally did nothing but throw out of control haymakers over and over and over the entire night. It was one of the worst displays of "boxing" I've ever seen in 30 years of watching the sport. It was a crime against humanity that those judges ruled that fight a draw. It wasn't even close. Wilder was thoroughly outclassed that night, and he will be again at some point.

What do you call it if your promoter is trying to say he wants the fight but only if hes making more than double the money of Joshua? Obviously you realize the boxers can say I'll do it for a more competitive stake... I dont care much about either of them but I'd call that running since Joshua says he doesnt mind making less than wilder but its gotta be atleast closer to even.
AJ doesnt mind making less? Come on u believe that? Hes the A side he says all the time and his promoter knows that. When its not an 80-20 the fight will happen

Bruh ur trippin if you think canelo diced up ggg in that second fight. It was alot better fight than the first but ggg was even better in that fight too. That's the fight that shoulda been a draw. U woulda brought up ward I could've agreed. Ward kovalav was another boxing mockery. First fight no chance in **** kovalav lost. But that decision broke kovalav. He ain't been the Same since. Pac man is the king of getting robbed. First Bradley fight than that horn fight and I forget the one other. For me boxing is sad once it goes to the cards. Corruption is predictable at that point.
Lol i cant with someone like u.....bruh we can end the discussion here.

My previous comment dont even pay attention to it. U win

Advertisement
OP please stay away from Vegas.
If you READ my post l agreed that this would be easy for Wilder unless it went beyond 3 rounds.
He’s basically a very good 4 round fighter, beyond that he struggles;
He keeps most of his power but his technique, stamina and chin get real suspect.

Did you notice Wilder get stunned by a right hand even in this short fight?
I personally would never bet on any heavyweight except Anthony Joshua.

Wilder is very limited when it comes to boxing. He relies strictly on his right cross or overhand right. He doesn't throw body punches, he doesn't throw a variety of punches, he lacks good defense, we could go on and on. Dude is not a good boxer at all. You probably cant find a knockout of his that came from a punch other than a right cross or overhand right.

Advertisement
If you READ my post l agreed that this would be easy for Wilder unless it went beyond 3 rounds.
He’s basically a very good 4 round fighter, beyond that he struggles;
He keeps most of his power but his technique, stamina and chin get real suspect.

Did you notice Wilder get stunned by a right hand even in this short fight?
I personally would never bet on any heavyweight except Anthony Joshua.

LMAO your first post is literally "I could see this fight going either way".

True. That was a gorgeous combo last night. And yeah, I get you, that is definitely technique. I lost a ton of respect for Wilder in the Fury fight though. He literally did nothing but throw out of control haymakers over and over and over the entire night. It was one of the worst displays of "boxing" I've ever seen in 30 years of watching the sport. It was a crime against humanity that those judges ruled that fight a draw. It wasn't even close. Wilder was thoroughly outclassed that night, and he will be again at some point.
I had Fury winning but those 2 knockdowns matter when you go to the scorecards. I had it 114-112 personally so imo its not outrageous to say Wilder edged one more of the low output swing rounds for a 113-113 draw. Overall Fury didnt dominate Wilder he had 2 decisive rounds the rest were pretty much swing rounds. Fury's style makes it look much worse but output was very low

Wilder is very limited when it comes to boxing. He relies strictly on his right cross or overhand right. He doesn't throw body punches, he doesn't throw a variety of punches, he lacks good defense, we could go on and on. Dude is not a good boxer at all. You probably cant find a knockout of his that came from a punch other than a right cross or overhand right.
I disagree he may not be a fundamental boxer but his right cross doesnt hit by luck. He sets it up well and its destructive when it lands to beat wilder you have to pitch a perfect game which is very hard to due. Wilder lacks alot of things fundamentally but what he has going for him is he's athletic, has a good chin and has great cardio which all come into play when it comes to his right hand. I think Wilder could lose to AJ but I think if they fought 2 times he'd take at least 1.

I disagree he may not be a fundamental boxer but his right cross doesnt hit by luck. He sets it up well and its destructive when it lands to beat wilder you have to pitch a perfect game which is very hard to due. Wilder lacks alot of things fundamentally but what he has going for him is he's athletic, has a good chin and has great cardio which all come into play when it comes to his right hand. I think Wilder could lose to AJ but I think if they fought 2 times he'd take at least 1.

Wilder is getting away with fighting in one of the weakest HW divisions of all time. Of course his punch doesn't land by luck, but fundamentally he is not a sound fighter. This is not a maravilla type situation where you can argue his unorthodox style is beneficial. His technique is straight up bad and if he was competing against real champion caliber HWs he would get his schit pushed in.

Advertisement
Back