OT: Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale

I said that in a comment after that, that you do have put out some guys every once in a while(are any of them even from Tampa? I know a couple are from St. petersburg). But the point still stands.

To use football as an example. If someone tells you they were all dade in football you know they were a good football player. If someone tells you they were all county in Vermont. That doesn't really mean schit. Vermont Im sure has put out a couple NFL players, but its not known for it. NYC is basically the boxing version of South Florida.
I feel you. Not trying to argue against anything you said because I get it. Our outlet down here is football. Up their it’s basketball/boxing. Although I will add most guys here on down to S Fla tends to gravitate more towards MMA then boxing these days. It’s probably more mma and karate gyms then boxing gyms down here and they are steadily building new ones.....

I just wanted to kill that noise about no respected boxer coming from here. St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa is all the same thing. That’s like someone being from Yonkers. To y’all their it might not be the same but to everyone else that’s a part of NYC

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you know the difference between being 10 counted and actually put to sleep? Wilder RARELY puts people to sleep and he NEVER does it off one punch except for the most frail chinned fighters he came across. Tyson has a very suspect chin and he still couldn't even knock him out.

Name the HOFers Wilder knocked out? NONE. Rocky beat Jersey Joe, Joe Louis, Ezzard CHarles, and LaStarza. However this has nothing to do with our argument since it has nothing to do with punching power. There are bums that come into the gym all the time that have elite punching power, but suck at every other aspect of fighting. Punching power alone does not make you elite.

Again, something that doesn't mean anything. You are trying to take football and put it into this equation. Yes football players are bigger faster and stronger than ever before, but in boxing that doesn't mean schit. YOu can lift all the weights you want you aren't going to hit much harder. That a fact otherwise Malignaggi would have hit the weight room and started knocking people out.

You must have just started watching boxing a couple years ago if you think Wilder is a phenom lmao.

The fact remains. Rocky 1 shotted people and put them to sleep, people with great chins.
Wilder takes multiple haymakers to ten count bums with glass jaws. That is all you need to know.

You are showing how little you know about boxing right now.

Just so I can understand,

Name a boxer that puts people to sleep constantly.

This isn’t MMA (with their 4 oz gloves or whatever they are).

Golovkin is one of the greatest knockout artists ever. He’s not putting people to sleep.

Same for Wilder.

But for ***** and giggles - name me a BOXER that’s putting people to sleep.

Just so I can understand,

Name a boxer that puts people to sleep constantly.

This isn’t MMA (with their 4 oz gloves or whatever they are).

Golovkin is one of the greatest knockout artists ever. He’s not putting people to sleep.

Same for Wilder.

But for ***** and giggles - name me a BOXER that’s putting people to sleep.

julian jackson is a good example.

I feel you. Not trying to argue against anything you said because I get it. Our outlet down here is football. Up their it’s basketball/boxing. Although I will add most guys here on down to S Fla tends to gravitate more towards MMA then boxing these days. It’s probably more mma and karate gyms then boxing gyms down here and they are steadily building new ones.....

I just wanted to kill that noise about no respected boxer coming from here. St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa is all the same thing. That’s like someone being from Yonkers. To y’all their it might not be the same but to everyone else that’s a part of NYC

I know what you mean its that Tampa region. I feel you bro. Gotta stick up for your hood lol.

Lmao @ this bullsh!t😂

Just because AJ got bodied the other day doesn't mean Wilder was not hiding from him. It is clear now that WIlder would have won that fight and most(myself included) thought AJ would lose. However, that doesn't mean Wilder wasn't hiding from AJ.

Advertisement
LMFAO!! You are talking about college boys. The Tampa guys that come up to NYU are straight ******* too.

So if I came up to you and said "ya I was a great football player. I started for some public school in vermont" you wouldn't assume I was not that good because I was playing in some bum *** Vermont leauge? That is how Tampa is. You may put out a good fighter once in a while, but no one respects fighters from Tampa. Most of them probably are just football players that box to stay in shape in the off season.

You could possibly be one of the few good fighters out of Tampa, but all the BS you were talking before about how Wilder is one of the hardest punchers ever leads me to believe you are not one of the good ones. Anyone that spent anytime in a real gym would never say some BS like that.

MFer I am from South Florida...not Tampa. What does Tampa have to do with me beating YOU? Like it ******* matters.

MFer act like the entire city of NY can box for you....they can't.

Just because AJ got bodied the other day doesn't mean Wilder was not hiding from him. It is clear now that WIlder would have won that fight and most(myself included) thought AJ would lose. However, that doesn't mean Wilder wasn't hiding from AJ.

IDIOCY from Captain Moron. Dumbest logic I have ever seen.

Do you know the difference between being 10 counted and actually put to sleep? Wilder RARELY puts people to sleep and he NEVER does it off one punch except for the most frail chinned fighters he came across. Tyson has a very suspect chin and he still couldn't even knock him out.

Name the HOFers Wilder knocked out? NONE. Rocky beat Jersey Joe, Joe Louis, Ezzard CHarles, and LaStarza. However this has nothing to do with our argument since it has nothing to do with punching power. There are bums that come into the gym all the time that have elite punching power, but suck at every other aspect of fighting. Punching power alone does not make you elite.

Again, something that doesn't mean anything. You are trying to take football and put it into this equation. Yes football players are bigger faster and stronger than ever before, but in boxing that doesn't mean schit. YOu can lift all the weights you want you aren't going to hit much harder. That a fact otherwise Malignaggi would have hit the weight room and started knocking people out.

You must have just started watching boxing a couple years ago if you think Wilder is a phenom lmao.

The fact remains. Rocky 1 shotted people and put them to sleep, people with great chins.
Wilder takes multiple haymakers to ten count bums with glass jaws. That is all you need to know.

You are showing how little you know about boxing right now.

This is the dumbest boxing logic ever written. This fool acts like he's educating me...who in the **** said lifting weights can make you punch harder? Who wrote that?

Fury has a suspect chin based on what besides your mouth? LOLOL..dude you just make up anything to say. Wilder once punch KO stopping power is legendary some of the best this sport has ever seen from a guy whose actually WINNING!

You're nothing but a copy and paste guy...here's more proof.

When did Ezzard Charles fight Rocky? Didn't EC start boxing ten years before Rocky did? Ezzard was long past his prime and had to keep fighting bc of legal and/or financial issues or whatever? Yes he sure did..lying ***.

Joe Louis fought Rocky in the 1950's..Joe Louis career started in the 30's.....out of his prime by 15 plus years.

& LaStarza was another overated spectacle like Rocky was...FOH. Rocky was overrated..period. Had he fought JL and EC in their primes..he would've gotten smoked by both.

I don't even have time to address the other **** bc you're so clueless...nothing but a copy and paste all american.

Advertisement
IDIOCY from Captain Moron. Dumbest logic I have ever seen.

No it's not dumb logic. It's common sense. Let me see if I can simplify it even further so even you could understand it.

Wilder ducked AJ because he didn't realize how bad he really was. Once he got exposed like that he wants to fight him now, because he loves fighting bums, but before he got exposed he didn't want to fight him.

This is the dumbest boxing logic ever written. This fool acts like he's educating me...who in the **** said lifting weights can make you punch harder? Who wrote that?

Fury has a suspect chin based on what besides your mouth? LOLOL..dude you just make up anything to say. Wilder once punch KO stopping power is legendary some of the best this sport has ever seen from a guy whose actually WINNING!

You're nothing but a copy and paste guy...here's more proof.

When did Ezzard Charles fight Rocky? Didn't EC start boxing ten years before Rocky did? Ezzard was long past his prime and had to keep fighting bc of legal and/or financial issues or whatever? Yes he sure did..lying ***.

Joe Louis fought Rocky in the 1950's..Joe Louis career started in the 30's.....out of his prime by 15 plus years.

& LaStarza was another overated spectacle like Rocky was...FOH. Rocky was overrated..period. Had he fought JL and EC in their primes..he would've gotten smoked by both.

I don't even have time to address the other **** bc you're so clueless...nothing but a copy and paste all american.

I am educating you because YOU DON"T KNOW SCHIT ABOUT BOXING.

Pajkic has 5 KOs in his entire career all coming against people with losing records in the beginning of his career. He dropped Tyson.

Cunningham also knocked down Tyson who has 13 KOs and all of them are against bums aswell.

EVERYONE thinks Tysons chin is suspect except for people like you that ONLY watch a couple fights a year.

Wrong again. Wilder power is not legendary. No one thinks that except people who just started watching the sport and only listens to what the annoucners have to say to create an opinion.

Ezzard was 33 when he fought Rocky. That is not an excuse for getting starched by Rocky back to back times.

Joe was 36 and Rocky retired him. AFter that fight he knew he had no business being in that ring. So your saying boxers hit their prime at 21? LMFAO.

Lastarza was not overated. Only people with no boxing knowledge think Rocky is overrated. He would not have gotten smoked not even close. If their careers crossed they probably would have had multiple rematches with both winning multiple fights.

LMAO you already got exposed with this the last time. Saying I copied and pasted when 80% of my list didn't correlate with your "source" then to top it off the people that did correlate where people everyone puts on their list.

Also, boxing out of Miami is worse than Tampa lmao. Unless your name is Guillermo Rigondeaux your trash.

Advertisement
Back