OT: Corruption in NCAA BBAll

I always thought the shoe companies had to be heavily involved in recruiting. Just look at whoopie McFarland and under armour.
I was also very concerned at the amount of our committed recruits that were invited to the opening. Not sayin they didn't deserve it, I was just very concerned about bags out there in the Nike compound away from the NCAA.
If Patino swings a big bat, then what does Saban swing at Nike? We are directly competing for recruits with Nike schools and adidas is now 2nd place. Nike is gonna do everything to lock down that number 1 spot. If this spills into football a lot of schools are gonna be in deep dog *****.

There's not the same incentive for Adidas/Nike to go after football players. They don't make them the sneaker money that basketball players do.

Advertisement
This sounds like a Haith issue not Coach L. Simply based on the fact that Haith was already shady and involved with Shapiro. Real question is how did he suck so bad if he was so shady?

This definitely has nothing to do with Haith.
I still have not met a Kevin that has proven they know how to read.

You obviously don't know how to follow a forum because I already corrected that statement as more information came. Spoke to soon and corrected that right away

Yes, yes you did speak too soon. Also have never met any Kevins that know about getting all the information before opening their mouths.

This sounds like a Haith issue not Coach L. Simply based on the fact that Haith was already shady and involved with Shapiro. Real question is how did he suck so bad if he was so shady?

You obviously don't know how to follow a forum because I already corrected that statement as more information came. Spoke to soon and corrected that right away

Yes, yes you did speak too soon. Also have never met any Kevins that know about getting all the information before opening their mouths.

Don't really care who you met. Carry on and act like a **** elsewhere

Advertisement

I can stop, if you stop posting misinformation, without doing the reading, or using any common sense. Hopefully we have a deal.

I doubt Larranaga would be involved in anything like this, I doubt they find anything on us.

If you read the entire report, they have "Coach-3" caught up in this. I'm sure it's not Coach L, but it's a UM coach (if I read the whole thing correctly).

They have conjecture on a Miami coach, but nothing past two Adidas reps talking on a wiretap about him. And seeing how no Miami coaches were arrested they didn't have enough evidence at least at the time to lock him up.

I agree with you completely. Still, if a coach is "relieved" of his duties soon...

I doubt Larranaga would be involved in anything like this, I doubt they find anything on us.

If you read the entire report, they have "Coach-3" caught up in this. I'm sure it's not Coach L, but it's a UM coach (if I read the whole thing correctly).

They have conjecture on a Miami coach, but nothing past two Adidas reps talking on a wiretap about him. And seeing how no Miami coaches were arrested they didn't have enough evidence at least at the time to lock him up.

I agree with you completely. Still, if a coach is "relieved" of his duties soon...

My one saving grace is that there was no Miami coaches rounded up with the other arrests. Feel like with a bunch of wire taps they would have arrested anyone they could as quick as they could.

Advertisement

I can stop, if you stop posting misinformation, without doing the reading, or using any common sense. Hopefully we have a deal.

Yeah I read what was available. Gave our current staff the benefit of the doubt because that had no coaches named (still doesn't) and then as more information released I updated. See how much time we both wasted because you felt the need to be a **** after I corrected myself. I'm sure you're always right the first time.

Am confused, addidas approached a Miami BBall recruit offering him money to play at Miami, without coaches knowing? If this is the case, why bring up Miami's name at all? Please correct me if I am really confused.

Am confused, addidas approached a Miami BBall recruit offering him money to play at Miami, without coaches knowing? If this is the case, why bring up Miami's name at all? Please correct me if I am really confused.

A Miami (FL) basketball coach was involved in discussing the payoff with Adidas.

Advertisement

My one saving grace is that there was no Miami coaches rounded up with the other arrests. Feel like with a bunch of wire taps they would have arrested anyone they could as quick as they could.

Yes, there is good and bad here. The bad is that they have evidence that the adidas guy called Coach 3. The good is that he has not yet been arrested, we are not getting Quickley, and I would imagine that no actual money changed hands for a deal that did not go through.

But...the NCAA would LOVE to have a second crack at us.

A Miami (FL) basketball coach was involved in discussing the payoff with Adidas.

Well, crape. I really hate Miami being included with loserville's shadiness. It's all about this U, I guess. Crape.

Advertisement
The entire justice department should move to Tuscaloosa

Do you know where Jeff Sessions is from....

I asked him once. He just said "The Confederacy" and then scampered off holding a big box of EL Fudge cookies.

giphy[1].jpg

Correction: Just read more on this and it's an Adidas issue? Probably trying to secure future NBA stars by getting them in their gear for college.

Yikes. Miami will be blamed but the school shouldn't be punished. Adidas better make it right or they will get sued for everything Kanye owns.

Sued by who?

Advertisement
Back