Off-Topic OT: COACHING BRAWL

Mr. Howard… The way you deal with that, is to not get yo *** kicked on national tv, next time. Don’t get mad at UW, get mad at yo **** self cause yeen have yo team ready to compete.

Advertisement
In before they write new lyrics to the Michigan fight sing…

Hail! to the loser Howard
Hail! to the big blue zeros
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the cuckolds of the West!
Disappear Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone
If he’s “gone” it’s for the 14-11 record.

I absolutely get the point your making but again he could have followed him and made his point. Howard a grown man. You say hold on I'm talking to you to a child. When you physically restrain or impede a grown man you better be ready for the possibility that a man may respond negatively to it. At no point did the wisky coach body language seem to be de escalating the situation so it's hard for me to believe he had warm words to exchange at the point of the grab didn't seem like hey man my bad let me explain. It seemed more like hey listen to me when I'm talking to you.
He should have had enough sense to see how ****ed Howard was after the timeout and not try to resolve it at that time. I hope Howard gets a chance to beat them in the conference tournament, but it looks like his team isn’t that good.

Advertisement
I absolutely get the point your making but again he could have followed him and made his point. Howard a grown man. You say hold on I'm talking to you to a child. When you physically restrain or impede a grown man you better be ready for the possibility that a man may respond negatively to it.
I agree but it depends on where you are.

The question is what is the standard in your profession amongst colleagues, not in the streets amongst strangers.

I personally don't care what happens between other grown men (I'm all about letting them handle it), but I'm not putting my future in the hands of any committee if I can help it.

So where your from its an adult move to grab someone? So when your walking away clearly upset someone who you don't consider a friend but a rival or stranger grabbing you causes the maturity juices to flow? Got it.
I never said either of them were in the right. Wisconsin coach grabbing him wasn’t the worst cuz lots of coaches do that, it was the fact that he didn’t let go when Howard pulled his arm away.

Confrontation in the situation does no good.

every losing coach has been expected to shake the hand of the winning coach for as long as I’ve been alive. And with few exceptions, it happens. Shake his hand, walk away, beat him by 30 and call a late timeout next time.

How can you control your players if you can't control yourself.
Reminds me of Chaney threatening to kill Calipari.
Apples and oranges. I’m a Temple grad from that time period. Chaney was frustrated because he knew Calpari was cheating his *** off.

Advertisement
I will say, Wisky won the game. Why didnt their coach just smile and keep it moving in the handshake line.

I absolutely get the point your making but again he could have followed him and made his point. Howard a grown man. You say hold on I'm talking to you to a child. When you physically restrain or impede a grown man you better be ready for the possibility that a man may respond negatively to it. At no point did the wisky coach body language seem to be de escalating the situation so it's hard for me to believe he had warm words to exchange at the point of the grab didn't seem like hey man my bad let me explain. It seemed more like hey listen to me when I'm talking to you.

Shrugging him off and jawing bc the guy was holding his arm was one thing. Swinging at another coach is unacceptable, and i wouldn't care who it was doing it. You ABSOLUTELY cannot do that as a coach. Period.

Advertisement
Howard ain't getting fired. Not even close and nor should he.

All I DO know though is between this and Sabag throwing his own players under the bus on Thursday while making a lame excuse for losing the championship game AND taking a stance on Hebry Ruggs where somehow HE gets to blame people that the national media would/will take a VASTLY different stance than if either of these guys were at the University of Miami.

I agree but it depends on where you are.

The question is what is the standard in your profession amongst colleagues, not in the streets amongst strangers.

I personally don't care what happens between other grown men (I'm all about letting them handle it), but I'm not putting my future in the hands of any committee if I can help it.
Good points. Real talk.

Advertisement
Shrugging him off and jawing bc the guy was holding his arm was one thing. Swinging at another coach is unacceptable, and i wouldn't care who it was doing it. You ABSOLUTELY cannot do that as a coach. Period.
Never justified that read my posts. I'm not here to justify his actions said that time after time. Been consistent. My only point is it's shocking to me to see how many people didn't either notice the initial grab or justify the initial grab.

I never said either of them were in the right. Wisconsin coach grabbing him wasn’t the worst cuz lots of coaches do that, it was the fact that he didn’t let go when Howard pulled his arm away.

Confrontation in the situation does no good.
That's my main point. He grabbed and held him. Howard obviously ****ed you can grab and impede a grown *** man like a child.

Well said. No troll.

Advertisement
Back