OT - Breaking Bad

Advertisement
Just knocked out S1 of The Wire. I moved to the Baltimore area 13 years ago so its interesting to watch a show set in an area I've become familiar with. So far so good, long ways to go before it's in the Top 5 conversation for me though.

Just knocked out S1 of The Wire. I moved to the Baltimore area 13 years ago so its interesting to watch a show set in an area I've become familiar with. So far so good, long ways to go before it's in the Top 5 conversation for me though.

1st season is the weakest imo. People criticize the 2nd season but it gets better every time you rewatch. Wire is a slow burn but once all the stories and institutions weave together it's unlike anything else on TV. The showrunners tried to recreate that feeling with Treme and The Deuce but they're not as authentic and poignant. Still enjoyable though and from what I can tell The Deuce is very suitable for the degens on this board haha.

Advertisement

Starting The Wire tonight

I loved how the wire followed a different aspect of the drug game each season, such a great show.

For those of you that enjoyed the Wire, you should check out Bosch. No where near as deep as The Wire, but always great characters, stories, and a lot of the same actors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tonight makes 3 episodes in a row of Better Call Saul that were rather weak and slow. Last season and the start of this season were so promising.

Advertisement
The Shield is ace. Every bit as good as BB

Man when I search for a show on demand & they make u pay for each season??? Then yeah, it’s gotta be good.

Another series that was really good & the plug was pulled from it out of nowhere (due to parents complaining about its graphic nature being on TNT) was Southland.

Advertisement
naw....I take time pretty much and dont go off too much hype while shows are going on.

You’re gonna like it. I know you are south FL like me, so it’s a different vibe. I mean something like the Sopranos, we get a lot of people from the north east down here like that, so that’s not that different from what we are exposed to. But this is more of a different vibe, this is more of a meth-head south/west type deal, but it’s just really good and even has a little humor in it mixed in

It may seem slow at times, but just give it a chance. Wait to you get to the season where they meet Don Eladio in Mexico, that whole timeline with Gus Fring is intense

Man when I search for a show on demand & they make u pay for each season??? Then yeah, it’s gotta be good.

Another series that was really good & the plug was pulled from it out of nowhere (due to parents complaining about its graphic nature being on TNT) was Southland.

The intro to the shield is the goat... when that loud salsa music just kicks in. It’s only about 10-15 seconds but it’s tight

I'm into season 4 of Breaking Bad. This is my third time watching this series. I pick up something new every time I watch it.
I can't come up with a top 5 list of shows, but the Sopranos would be an all-time favorite of mine. Watched the whole series 3 times.
Started watching the Wire, but couldn't get interested. I'll try again another time. Sometimes you have to have a little patience to warm up to these shows. I wasn't born with patience, and I haven't done much to develop it.

During quarantine I have started binging. Almost through season 2. Now it’s a good show, but it’s not near Sopranos, Snowfall or The Wire. Does it get better?? I’m sorry, I just don’t see GOAT...at least not yet.
giphy (6).gif

Advertisement
Back