OT - Breaking Bad

Advertisement
BB, The Wire, The Sopranos, GOT, Mad Men in that order for me. 2-5 is fluid but BB is the undisputed 🐐 IMO, BCS is great and arguably the best show currently on tv(Ozark is up there with some others) but its slow start keeps it out of the top 5 for me as of now.

Some underrated(not critically but under discussed IMO) shows that I’d recommend for my fellow tv show fans-The Leftovers, The Americans, Barry, Person of Interest, Justified, Luther, Sneaky Pete, Homeland(starts and ends strong, fades in middle), Fargo(might now qualify as underrated) and Snowfall.

The Expanse (should it not have been mentioned so far), if anyone is a fan of hardcore SciFi and space mysteries mixed with a lot of interstellar politics. In my humble opinion, it’s the best show running right now and it’s had 5 full seasons if you want to catch up and binge before the next episode drops on Wednesday. It’s an Amazon Prime show.

Advertisement
BB, The Wire, The Sopranos, GOT, Mad Men in that order for me. 2-5 is fluid but BB is the undisputed 🐐 IMO, BCS is great and arguably the best show currently on tv(Ozark is up there with some others) but its slow start keeps it out of the top 5 for me as of now.

Some underrated(not critically but under discussed IMO) shows that I’d recommend for my fellow tv show fans-The Leftovers, The Americans, Barry, Person of Interest, Justified, Luther, Sneaky Pete, Homeland(starts and ends strong, fades in middle), Fargo(might now qualify as underrated) and Snowfall.

The Leftovers first season is solid.
The 2nd and 3rd seasons f'd me up pretty good. They are absolutely some of the best television ever created. Damon Lindelof is one of the best showrunners/creators in the history of TV. He was one of the guys behind Lost, recently did the Watchmen, and also has a few other interesting credits. Genius.

Last edited:
I’m on “Warrior” right now. It’s only 2 seasons b/c season 3 didn’t get picked up due to the pandemic, but it’s really good. Hearing HBO Max might try to pick it up for new seasons.

Advertisement
Need a new show, Netflix or Amazon. Like narcos, BB, Ozark, Peeky Blinders. What would you like fells recommend?

The Leftovers first season is solid.
The 2nd and 3rd seasons f'd me up pretty good. They are absolutely some of the best television ever created. Damon Lindelof is one of the best showrunners/creators in the history of TV. He was one of the guys behind Lost, recently did the Watchmen, and also has a few other interesting credits. Genius.

100 percent facts. 2nd and 3rd seasons are nothing short of amazing. 1st is a little underrated IMO but not on the same level
as the last 2. Series finale was perfect too.

You could make a case for Lindelof as the 🐐 showrunner/creator. He’s 3 for 3 with classics. Watchmen was the best show of 2019 IMO and Lost is 1 of my all time favorite shows, it’s actually the show that got me hooked on serial tv series. He’s a legend.

Advertisement
I'm with the group that says BB was overrated. I binge watched it after it was over, and I just don't get all of the hype.

With that said, I thought I was the only person that liked Billions. LOL

PS. The Wire, nuff said (even with the dumbass serial killer angle).

Billions is amazing also IMO lol

Doesn't get much hype but some episodes are amazing television

BB is the goat for me. I don’t think anyone has mentioned bloodline on netflix. Definitely not on BB level but awesome show, especially if you’re from south fl (it was filmed in islamorada)

Advertisement

Justified and The Americans are fire. Super underrated, especially Justified. I wouldn't say it's "better" than The Wire or BrBa, but I enjoyed watching it more. The dialogue is top-notch and there's a bit of humor in almost every scene, plus Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are at the top of their games in it.

Justified and The Americans are fire. Super underrated, especially Justified. I wouldn't say it's "better" than The Wire or BrBa, but I enjoyed watching it more. The dialogue is top-notch and there's a bit of humor in almost every scene, plus Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are at the top of their games in it.

Yep, Justified is easily 1 of my favorite shows of the past decade. I can’t say that it’s a “better” show than some of the classics but it’s really such a fun watch and is consistently good throughout the series. Was already a fan of Olyphant from Deadwood but became a big fan of Goggins, his portrayal of Boyd was top notch.

The Americans was amazing. I think some ppl were initially put off bc the Russians are basically the protagonists but it just got better each season and they knocked the final season out of the park. A weekly masterclass of acting, writing and directing.

FX is a little slept on, they’ve had a lot of high quality shows. Looking forward to Snowfall, Atlanta and Mayans finally coming back for new seasons.

Advertisement
Back