OT - Breaking Bad

Justified and The Americans are fire. Super underrated, especially Justified. I wouldn't say it's "better" than The Wire or BrBa, but I enjoyed watching it more. The dialogue is top-notch and there's a bit of humor in almost every scene, plus Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are at the top of their games in it.
Both are great shows with the exception of seasin 5 of The Americans. The final season redeemed it though

Advertisement
Spoiler Alert

Breaking Bad would have been much better if the killed off Walt and went with a Gus story line instead.

And I just hated what they did with Jesse, could they have turned him into more of a cry baby?

I refuse to watch El Camino because of it.

Obviously like any show they had no idea how to bring it to an end. The last season was the worst.

Spoiler Alert

Breaking Bad would have been much better if the killed off Walt and went with a Gus story line instead.

And I just hated what they did with Jesse, could they have turned him into more of a cry baby?

Obviously like any show they had no idea how to bring it to an end. The last season was the worst.

El Camino wasn't bad and I hated Jesse. I would've killed that little cry baby ***** if I was Walt and in that game. Real life, Jesse gets snuffed out and that made what could've been great just alright.

Advertisement
Spoiler Alert

****tiest take of all time

ftw win GIF

Advertisement
I’m a Star Wars fan so I might be biased but I’ve really enjoyed The Mandalorian on Disney plus. I have a couple friends who aren’t big into Star Wars and they’ve been enjoying it too. It’s more like a futuristic western than a sci-fi fantasy show.

I like Better Call Saul a lot more.
BCS is excellent in its own right, it just tends to get overshadowed by BB because it's a spin-off/prequel. I love the Saul Goodman character and I think they've done an awesome job making the series stand on its own merit. I am curious to see if they're going to sneak in one last WW cameo at the very end of BCS. Something quick with no effect on the plot like Jimmy and WW passing each other in a grocery store, just to put a bow on the series and tip their cap to the fans of both shows.

I’m a Star Wars fan so I might be biased but I’ve really enjoyed The Mandalorian on Disney plus. I have a couple friends who aren’t big into Star Wars and they’ve been enjoying it too. It’s more like a futuristic western than a sci-fi fantasy show.
I've enjoyed The Mandolorian, entertaining if nothing else. My one gripe is that, particularly with S1 it felt like a very slow burn between the first and last or second to last episodes. Plot of each episode felt repetitive. S2 was better IMO.

BCS is excellent in its own right, it just tends to get overshadowed by BB because it's a spin-off/prequel. I love the Saul Goodman character and I think they've done an awesome job making the series stand on its own merit. I am curious to see if they're going to sneak in one last WW cameo at the very end of BCS. Something quick with no effect on the plot like Jimmy and WW passing each other in a grocery store, just to put a bow on the series and tip their cap to the fans of both shows.

I've enjoyed The Mandolorian, entertaining if nothing else. My one gripe is that, particularly with S1 it felt like a very slow burn between the first and last or second to last episodes. Plot of each episode felt repetitive. S2 was better IMO.
Yeah season one got kind of repetitive for a while. Mando lands on planet (x) meets local citizens who can help him if he helps them with their problem. Mando defeats bad guy and local citizen gives him information/some new gadget. Wash rinse repeat. It’s really similar to the old western TV shows from the 60’s. The main story arc makes a big jump towards the end of season 1 and season 2 was full go. It’s fair to point out that Disney used/is using the show as an introductory point for a bunch of characters who are getting their own shows in the near future. So sometimes the whole purpose of an episode is just to introduce a new character.

100 percent facts. 2nd and 3rd seasons are nothing short of amazing. 1st is a little underrated IMO but not on the same level
as the last 2. Series finale was perfect too.

You could make a case for Lindelof as the 🐐 showrunner/creator. He’s 3 for 3 with classics. Watchmen was the best show of 2019 IMO and Lost is 1 of my all time favorite shows, it’s actually the show that got me hooked on serial tv series. He’s a legend.
He should be prosecuted for what he did to Watchmen. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor an pick it up, its amazing. The show was pure social justice bullsh!t.

Advertisement
Well, I don’t know if I can top it, but I’ll try my best …

I agree with him. I would say completely but I watched El Camino. Walt, his kids, his wife, his sister-in-law … just didn’t impress me. The brother-in-law helped me through. Gus was that dude.

For years I saw the skully and the goatee and figured this dude transformed into THAT MF. Negative. He never goes full Monty by killing Jesse, his wife, his sister/brother-in-law, or his kids (Kaiser Soze). Jesse’s girl, Jesse’s boys … I was begging someone, ANYONE to kill Jesse. Alas, stupidly, I watched El Camino hoping for same... (exhale)

Had the show-runners ‘Ned Starked‘ WW and flipped the show to Gus Fring (unmade .gif of me jumping up and down doing the pee pee dance with joy). And, that Latina principal? Once I’m clocking millions … the LATINA PRINCIPAL IS. GETTING. IT. ALL. And that’s when I would’ve probably killed my family. Like how do you not do everything you can to bang her if you’re WW? I was lost; it made no sense. I mean Omar Little was ***, so I can understand how he wouldn’t but anyone else … “…third period … planning in my room. Come get some lunch…” Or, he sends Jesse over the edge by banging his girlfriend — and Jesse kills himself. YES!

****, the chemistry was the most interesting part. For a minute I thought the show was going to be part McGuyver, part The Martian. No luck.

BB was … decent entertainment; BCS was … having to do community service at an insurance seminar for hushed, monotone speakers who stutter. I almost flayed myself to stay awake.

As much of a let down that GOT final season was, it was still better than any season of BB to me. If I took the top 20 episodes from GOT and 20 episodes from BB and ranked them 1-40, BB would be 21-40 — and that’s only because I didn’t use top 30 episodes from each (at which point it would be 31-60. If I took the top 200 scenes from GOT and put them up against the top 200 scenes of BB … 201-400.

I do not get the BB reverence. Love for anyone to explain it, if possible, but I don’t get it.

Started the Leftovers last night. 3 or 4 episodes in and I’m not into it. Gonna finish szn 1 before I bail, but underwhelmed.

No! Play through. You're not wrong, season 1 takes work. Season 1 is just a set up, it becomes a totally different show and the pay off is worth it. Honestly, seasons 2 and 3 are two of the greatest seasons in TV history. I promise. What was cool is the show runners knew they had to wrap it by 3 so it leads to an incredible ending. You can trust me. I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Advertisement
Gamorrah, the hype is real. The show, it's everything it's cracked up to be and 8 episodes in, is on track to crack the very top of my list. There might be a new GOAT in my book.

No! Play through. You're not wrong, season 1 takes work. Season 1 is just a set up, it becomes a totally different show and the pay off is worth it. Honestly, seasons 2 and 3 are two of the greatest seasons in TV history. I promise. What was cool is the show runners knew they had to wrap it by 3 so it leads to an incredible ending. You can trust me. I'm a man of wealth and taste.
I watched season 1 back when it originally aired and didn’t go back for whatever reason. Based on this thread I picked it back up the other day and have binged you to the last episode of season 2. **** is good.

Spoiler Alert

El camino was awesome. Its worth the watch. If u enjoyed BB at all watch El Camino...Better Call Saul is awesome as well. Different vibe than breaking bad but really good work from Vince Gilligan as always

I'm hoping they somehow find a way to slide Walt and Jesse into the final seasons of BCS as well. Would be a nice final send off for the diehard fans

Advertisement
Back