OT: Bob Stoops retiring from Oklahoma

Advertisement
Advertisement
in before the 'are we looking at their recruits' croud.

I'll just go ahead and be the first to say lets raid their recruits (It's my natural reaction to these kind of things). That being said. They have a small class so far. I think the only ones we would likely be interested in are the 5* OT they have from OK and a couple of 3* DT's (No idea how good they are). Slim pickings over there in Norman

Brey Walker, Southmoore, Offensive Tackle
Dillon Faamatau, Cerritos College, Defensive Tackle
Jordan Kelley, Union, Defensive Tackle

Advertisement
There has to be more to this, he's a relatively young coach.

Unless he's just totally burned out, he didn't seem that high strong though

Advertisement
Damnnnnn! Just before camp start? Somebody done **** stoops off! Stoops told them where they kiss!

Count me in as thinking this might be health related. Big Game Bob was ultimately a choker but I'll always respect him for sticking it to the $EC when others were afraid. Who do they go after now? Bring Venables back? Ol' Chip? Norman is kinda weird in that it's a huge job but I doubt you're convincing any NFL guy to go there.

Advertisement
It's either:
1. Bad health
2. Major blowup with AD/President
3. Scandal.

There are no other explanations for the timing.

Count me in as thinking this might be health related. Big Game Bob was ultimately a choker but I'll always respect him for sticking it to the $EC when others were afraid. Who do they go after now? Bring Venables back? Ol' Chip? Norman is kinda weird in that it's a huge job but I doubt you're convincing any NFL guy to go there.

Lincoln Riley isn't interim, he is the guy moving forward.

Of course if he goes 7-5 they'll can his *** REAL quick and bring in Chip Kelly.

Advertisement
Back