OT: Bob Stoops retiring from Oklahoma

It's either:
1. Bad health
2. Major blowup with AD/President
3. Scandal.

There are no other explanations for the timing.

His father died of a heart attack on the sidelines coaching high school ball. He didn't want to go out like that, so he moves on to the Jimmy Johnson phase of kicking back and enjoying things with his family. Kinda makes sense if you figure he gets to move out of Oklahoma for good into the new house he just bought in Chicago.

Advertisement

How privileged some peoples are. 33 and now head coach. Some will coach many years and never be more than a position coach go figure.

I know! Institutional bias!

View attachment 45908

Coach Kool is the real-life Bill Brasky

lulz! I love me some Bill Brasky!

+1 would rep

It's either:
1. Bad health
3. Scandal.

Exactly, Chise. This is very odd timing and out of the blue, but then again, if I had his money at 56, I would seriously think about it too.

It's either:
1. Bad health
3. Scandal.

His father died of a heart attack on the sidelines coaching high school ball. He didn't want to go out like that, so he moves on to the Jimmy Johnson phase of kicking back and enjoying things with his family. Kinda makes sense if you figure he gets to move out of Oklahoma for good into the new house he just bought in Chicago.

So you're saying he's the next Bears coach?

Advertisement
Two Words: Joe Mixon.

In my opinion, Bob Stoops did the right thing with Joe Mixon. The kid did not initiate contact with that woman, but Bob gave him an opportunity to keep going forward. I applaud Bob Stoops for that in this time where women have the upper hand in getting men's lives destroyed by there irresponsible Acts.

Take care Bob and be thankful you did not have to play Miami in 2000.

There is no scandal. Its being said he will still be involved at oklahoma in some type of role.

In my opinion, Bob Stoops did the right thing with Joe Mixon. The kid did not initiate contact with that woman, but Bob gave him an opportunity to keep going forward. I applaud Bob Stoops for that in this time where women have the upper hand in getting men's lives destroyed by there irresponsible Acts.

That 120lb girl really had the upper hand on Joe. It's a wonder he even survived the attack, prayers for his family he' s clearly the true victim. #victimmentality

I expect you to btich slap Bill Maher this friday on his show for using the N word. But you'll probably give him a pass.

Advertisement

How privileged some peoples are. 33 and now head coach. Some will coach many years and never be more than a position coach go figure.

I know! Institutional bias!

View attachment 45908

Coach Kool is the real-life Bill Brasky

giphy.gif

That 120lb girl really had the upper hand on Joe. It's a wonder he even survived the attack, prayers for his family he' s clearly the true victim. #victimmentality

That 120lb girl clearly saw that he was a large man when she hit him several times. I am not advocating hitting women. However I am not given women a free pass to put their hands on men whenever they feel like it.

It's either:
1. Bad health
3. Scandal.

Didn't read entire thread, sorry if discussed. Any chance this has to do with the Mixon incident?

Edit: seen that it has been discussed

It's either:
1. Bad health
3. Scandal.

His father died of a heart attack on the sidelines coaching high school ball. He didn't want to go out like, so he moves on to the Jimmy Johnson phase of kicking back and enjoying things with his family. Kinda makes sense if you figure he gets to move out of Oklahoma for good into the new house he just bought in Chicago.

The owner of the Eire Pub in Boston, a loyal ND alumnus, who knows and went to school with the older Golics, said, if he does coach, it will be Notre Dame, which isn't too far from Chicago.

Advertisement

That 120lb girl clearly saw that he was a large man when she hit him several times. I am not advocating hitting women. However I am not given women a free pass to put their hands on men whenever they feel like it.

You're exactly advocating hitting women. Be straight, that's what you're saying.

She open hand slapped him on the neck and it wasn't even a good slap. If you think that deserves a haymaker you're a coward in every sense of the word. I bet you shoot up the club everytime someone spills a drink on your shirt too am i right? Why do people who have never done anything to deserve respect in life always end up yelling i was disrespected after they threw their life away on some petty ****.

Football star punches woman in the head - CNN Video

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back