OT: Bob Stoops retiring from Oklahoma

I wonder if he could end up going to Notre Dame if they fire Brian Kelly. Supposedly Stoops grew up a Notre Dame fan.

What coach wouldn't want to coach ND? Cane fans hate the Irish but it is still a great job at a top program.

An established coach that could win easier at Oklahoma is one that wouldn't want to coach in Indiana. The Notre Dame delusion is second only to SEC delusion when talking about potential coaches that'd go to those places.

All I'm saying Stoops to ND if the Irish fired Brian Kelly would not surprise me.

Advertisement
Hes done coaching , hearing his interviews sounds like a guy that's finished. He knew he wanted to be done around this age and that's why they were grooming the oc the last couple years.

I heard him on the pardon my take podcast and they actually asked him about ND and pro jobs.

Hes done coaching , hearing his interviews sounds like a guy that's finished. He knew he wanted to be done around this age and that's why they were grooming the oc the last couple years.

I heard him on the pardon my take podcast and they actually asked him about ND and pro jobs.

You may be right. Urban Meyer's sudden change-of-heart-condition after a year away from UF makes a lot of fans doubt most coach-speak about retiring.

The HC job requires some politics and media savvy but I've never got the sense Stoops was a blatantly dishonest guy.

You may be right. Urban Meyer's sudden change-of-heart-condition after a year away from UF makes a lot of fans doubt most coach-speak about retiring.

The HC job requires some politics and media savvy but I've never got the sense Stoops was a blatantly dishonest guy.

Agree. He seems different from most hc's at football factories. Him retiring at such a young age is evidence of that.

His dad dying on the sideline is probably why he walked away, he wants to enjoy his family and lose all the stress. Pretty sure his father was around the same age.

B

Time will tell.

This day and age, everybody is a potential Pete Carroll or Tressel at Youngstown to me until I see a successful transition and no issues arising. Always suspicious first of the planned out sanction sidestep.

UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back