OT: Avengers Endgame

That is fine. I was 17 in 2012 so obviously I was much to old to start watching a super hero movie, but that is not the point. You could go watch avengers, star wars, incredibles, frozen, whatever other movies you like. That is fine and I am glad you find entertainment in them. I am simply pointing out that comic book movies are clearly more childish than watching a football game.

Super heros were going into films and TV in the 1940s. That is just looking up Superman and Batman. Don't come at us with this I was to old at 17 in 2012 to get into a superhero movie. Yeah, the films and TV shows your great grandfather was asking to watch as a kid you were too young to see.

Advertisement
Super heros were going into films and TV in the 1940s. That is just looking up Superman and Batman. Don't come at us with this I was to old at 17 in 2012 to get into a superhero movie. Yeah, the films and TV shows your great grandfather was asking to watch as a kid you were too young to see.

I said the avengers. I loved the Dark Night as a kid and I watched all the cartoons as a kid as well. However, by the time the avengers came out I was already 17 and was more interested in picking up girls and partying than watching a superhero flick. If I was going to watch a movie with my friends in 2012 there is no chance I would have brought up Avengers. It would have gotten me laughed out of the room. We would have seen skyfall, Django, zero dark thirty, or ARgo.

I love watching a good movie. I am pumped to see the new Scorcese film.

That said, I only really feel personally about UM football since I am an alumni. I don't really care when the giants lose and I would never get into a fight with an Eagles fan.

I'm an alum as well.

BUT fact is whether they win or not has absolutely NO impact on my life , my business or family.

Although I am a solid Cane supporter and love it when they win...but not more so than my kids accomplishing something or being successful or my wife being happy..I realize its a game played by kids.

And BTW I know Eagle fans are exceptionally insane. Im just pointing out that football brings out a LOT of childish behaviors ..far more so than movies

Last edited:
When I was a child - I did child things.

When I became a man - I did fewer - just a couple fewer - child things.

Sorry, but I could not possibly give a fuzzy rat's *** about the comic book Avengers.

Find a woman. Much more fun way to spend a couple hours.

And you don't have to buy popcorn.

I've been waiting for this ridiculous comment. "Find a woman" is probably the lowest hanging fruit joke on here when it comes to anything not revolving around sports. You watch a bunch of 18-25 year old men run around in spandex pants hitting other men for 12+ hours on a Saturday AND Sunday.

Advertisement
I'm an alum as well.

BUT fact is whether they win or not has absolutely NO impact on my life , my business or family.

Although I am a solid Cane supporter and love it when they win...but not more so than my kids being accomplishing something or successful or my wife being happy..I realize its a game played by yo

And BTW I know Eagle fans are exceptionally insane. Im just pointing out that football brings out a LOT of childish behaviors ..more so than movies

Lol I figured you would know them well being from the main line. Ya I agree with you on all those points. I would rather my family and I be successful, but honestly having a good cfb team is big for boardroom talks. It is always nice to be able to one up the other guys when you have a good football team.

It is "mainly" aimed at kids. My bad for not specifying. Also, that is not 100% true. First, the commercial is shown much more frequently during children channels than on channels such as fox business. Second, just because a commercial is on an adult channel does not mean it is meant to draw in adults. Look at all the mens grooming products that are shown on womens networks in order to get women to buy them for their husbands. This is the same idea. Have an avengers trailer on an adult network to notify parents that the movie is coming out so they can bring their kids.

I do agree it is partly aimed at adults, since there are many adults that watch it, but at the end of the day it is a childrens movie.

I simply disagree OGH.

I was in my past life also a marketing consultant m

So let's just agree to disagree. Because we could do this for days if I had the energy for it.

Have a good one my man

I simply disagree OGH.

I was in my past life also a marketing consultant m

So let's just agree to disagree. Because we could do this for days if I had the energy for it.

Have a good one my man

In that case you must know a lot more about marketing than I do. I am happy to agree to disagree. Have a good one bro.

Did i say i watch critically acclaimed movies? No

But i find it hilarious grown men will flock to watch superhero movies that really arent well made and are pretty much completely computer generated.
As opposed to a “grown man” sitting on a message board being critical of another’s habits?

Advertisement
I dont know what to think anymore. There was a trailer on TV where Captain Marvel is like "he undid the snap, why would he do that?". So all this time weve been thinking how the Avengers do it and it might be Thanos who does it. Im just pumped to see it. Been waiting a year.

I've read rumors that my guy Cap goes, but I refuse to believe it. Cant take him. Idc if hes never in any other movie, dont take my guy.
I think Cap and Ironman sacrifice themselves. The two who started it all

Is that a serious question? Avengers is literally a movie aimed at children. Yes, plenty of adults watch it too, but its not an "adult" movie. Tons of adults went and watched the incredibles 2. That doesn't mean it isn't a kids movie.

More people watched the super bowl live than people watched infinity wars over the entire opening weekend.

Go to any place of business that has actual successful people(not some guys working at a fast food joint or a video game store) and ask around if they think comic book movies or football is more childish. Not one person in my entire office has been talking about Avengers, but when the superbowl comes up. Everyone is talking about it.
I get what you saying but idk if it’s aimed at kids. I’m sure google has an answer for who the targeted audience is but I don’t care to argue that. But what I will say is that it makes sense for more people to watch the Super Bowl live than a movie on opening weekend. Football is America’s favorite sport and that game can only be seen live once per year and you can watch it at home. Whereas the movie can be seen in theaters any other time. I’m sure at an office with “actual successful people” or almost any business, people will say a movie is more “childish” than football. But it’s all just entertainment. I’m sure you could find people that think sports (organized games) are childish too. To each their own though. No harm in just enjoying something for what it is.

Advertisement
Lol I figured you would know them well being from the main line. Ya I agree with you on all those points. I would rather my family and I be successful, but honestly having a good cfb team is big for boardroom talks. It is always nice to be able to one up the other guys when you have a good football team.

Haha it's big in the boardroom ONLY the CEO is a Cane lol.

I'll talk football only laterally at work or with those below me when I was corporate...people are strange ..no sports, religion or politics for me in the corporate world.

I hear ya on the one upmanship in corporate ...BUT I prefer a raise much more...now if they tied my salary to Miami's performance I'd really get heated and into it

In that case you must know a lot more about marketing than I do. I am happy to agree to disagree. Have a good one bro.

It is kind of cool what Marvel/Disney has done. I was never into comics as a kid, but these movies have appealed to comic book fans and non comic book fans. I would bet most people that see these movies probably never opened up a comic either.

I get what you saying but idk if it’s aimed at kids. I’m sure google has an answer for who the targeted audience is but I don’t care to argue that. But what I will say is that it makes sense for more people to watch the Super Bowl live than a movie on opening weekend. Football is America’s favorite sport and that game can only be seen live once per year and you can watch it at home. Whereas the movie can be seen in theaters any other time. I’m sure at an office with “actual successful people” or almost any business, people will say a movie is more “childish” than football. But it’s all just entertainment. I’m sure you could find people that think sports (organized games) are childish too. To each their own though. No harm in just enjoying something for what it is.

I agree with you on every point you made. I only used the super bowl because it was hard to figure out another way to compare it. That is why I used the whole 3 day weekend compared to just the live superbowl event.

Advertisement
This board really is full of old curmudgeons who can't enjoy mindless fun.

Please, Lord, let me never grow up to be like them.
6352687_700b.jpg

Haha it's big in the boardroom ONLY the CEO is a Cane lol.

I'll talk football only laterally at work or with those below me when I was corporate...people are strange ..no sports, religion or politics for me in the corporate world.

I hear ya on the one upmanship in corporate ...BUT I prefer a raise much more...now if they tied my salary to Miami's performance I'd really get heated and into it

Oh believe me. I definitely don't talk schit to my bosses lol. Great way to get on their bad side, but when talking to my co workers its always good to have the football card to pull. Especially to the Stanford grads who think they are a legit football power house lmao.

Did i say i watch critically acclaimed movies? No

But i find it hilarious grown men will flock to watch superhero movies that really arent well made and are pretty much completely computer generated.

Flocking to superhero movies is no better or worse than flocking to see men in tights chase a ball.

Advertisement
Back