OT: Avengers Endgame

Advertisement
I am sure there are, but there are many more that would call comic book movies even more childish.
Wasn't my point. My point was that there's lots of people who think sports are for children and sports fans are nerds. Personally I enjoy both sports and movies because they're a nice distraction from my daily stresses. I'm just not going to call one group of fans childish while pretending the other isn't.

I actually think everyone comes back to life after the Avengers get back the time stone.

I dont know what to think anymore. There was a trailer on TV where Captain Marvel is like "he undid the snap, why would he do that?". So all this time weve been thinking how the Avengers do it and it might be Thanos who does it. Im just pumped to see it. Been waiting a year.

I've read rumors that my guy Cap goes, but I refuse to believe it. Cant take him. Idc if hes never in any other movie, dont take my guy.

Wasn't my point. My point was that there's lots of people who think sports are for children and sports fans are nerds. Personally I enjoy both sports and movies because they're a nice distraction from my daily stresses. I'm just not going to call one group of fans childish while pretending the other isn't.

That is fine. I enjoy movies as well. I was just explaining that yes a portion of the population considers watching football kiddie, but a way larger portion considers watching comic movies childish.

Advertisement
That is fine. I enjoy movies as well. I was just explaining that yes a portion of the population considers watching football kiddie, but a way larger portion considers watching comic movies childish.
What, besides your opinion are you basing these numbers on?

When is the last time you heard of objects being thrown at people, fistfights or brawling at a movie?

Or disliking someone because they like a different movie?

Or fighting over what someone else is wearing?

Sports is taken FAR TOO seriously. As if we have a personal stake in the outcome. When In reality we have absolutely NONE.

You can't really say that about movies...you watch, enjoy go home. No fuss or muss.

Advertisement
What, besides your opinion are you basing these numbers on?

Is that a serious question? Avengers is literally a movie aimed at children. Yes, plenty of adults watch it too, but its not an "adult" movie. Tons of adults went and watched the incredibles 2. That doesn't mean it isn't a kids movie.

More people watched the super bowl live than people watched infinity wars over the entire opening weekend.

Go to any place of business that has actual successful people(not some guys working at a fast food joint or a video game store) and ask around if they think comic book movies or football is more childish. Not one person in my entire office has been talking about Avengers, but when the superbowl comes up. Everyone is talking about it.

This movie is going to have roughly 20 million people watching it this weekend. You sir, might be wrong on this one.

And how many of those people are kids? How many are parents that were dragged to the movies by their kids because they are too little to go to the movies alone? The super bowl is going to have 100 million TVs tuned to it.

When is the last time you heard of objects being thrown at people, fistfights or brawling at a movie?

Or disliking someone because they like a different movie?

Or fighting over what someone else is wearing?

Sports is taken FAR TOO seriously. As if we have a personal stake in the outcome. When In reality we have absolutely NONE.

You can't really say that about movies...you watch, enjoy go home. No fuss or muss.

I love watching a good movie. I am pumped to see the new Scorcese film.

That said, I only really feel personally about UM football since I am an alumni. I don't really care when the giants lose and I would never get into a fight with an Eagles fan.

And how many of those people are kids? How many are parents that were dragged to the movies by their kids because they are too little to go to the movies alone? The super bowl is going to have 100 million TVs tuned to it.

Such an old soul, I feel for you. That's fine.

I was 12 when the movies started so judging by that, I'll finish what child-me started and enjoy the movie while you raise your fist angrily at adults who do for no reason.

Advertisement
Such an old soul, I feel for you. That's fine.

I was 12 when the movies started so judging by that, I'll finish what child-me started and enjoy the movie while you raise your fist angrily at adults who do for no reason.

That is fine. I was 17 in 2012 so obviously I was much to old to start watching a super hero movie, but that is not the point. You could go watch avengers, star wars, incredibles, frozen, whatever other movies you like. That is fine and I am glad you find entertainment in them. I am simply pointing out that comic book movies are clearly more childish than watching a football game.

Is that a serious question? Avengers is literally a movie aimed at children. Yes, plenty of adults watch it too, but its not an "adult" movie. Tons of adults went and watched the incredibles 2. That doesn't mean it isn't a kids movie.

More people watched the super bowl live than people watched infinity wars over the entire opening weekend.

Go to any place of business that has actual successful people(not some guys working at a fast food joint or a video game store) and ask around if they think comic book movies or football is more childish. Not one person in my entire office has been talking about Avengers, but when the superbowl comes up. Everyone is talking about it.

It's actually aimed and marketed towards a broad general audience ...not solely towards children. That's just your opinion.

If it were aimed at children it would mostly be advertised in mediums that have large children audiences

Ive seen this movie advertised in all kinds of magazines and newspapers and at all hours on TV.

Advertisement
Would be interesting to see the numbers. Though my feeling is SciFi/Fantasy/Super Hero movies are a lot more socially acceptable now than sports. Especially when you add in that maybe one night every few months or once a year someone would go to watch one of those movies for the night. On top of going to the movies in generally is pretty main stream and universally accepted beyond people wanting to save money. In contrast to devoting yourself to just taking out an entire day in a weekend, or the entire weekend, for months on end.

People who think sports are super popular I feel are just insulated by their circle. My circle has come from all kinds of places outside of any sports. Vast majority of those people see no value in sports while they would be excited about a movie like this. If your circle is people you met at games, played little league with, and people on here, then you will have a very finite circle who is different from the average.

It's actually aimed and marketed towards a broad general audience ...not solely towards children. That's just your opinion.

If it were aimed at children it would mostly be advertised in mediums that have large children audiences

Ive seen this movie advertised in all kinds of magazines and newspapers and at all hours on TV.

It is "mainly" aimed at kids. My bad for not specifying. Also, that is not 100% true. First, the commercial is shown much more frequently during children channels than on channels such as fox business. Second, just because a commercial is on an adult channel does not mean it is meant to draw in adults. Look at all the mens grooming products that are shown on womens networks in order to get women to buy them for their husbands. This is the same idea. Have an avengers trailer on an adult network to notify parents that the movie is coming out so they can bring their kids.

I do agree it is partly aimed at adults, since there are many adults that watch it, but at the end of the day it is a childrens movie.

Couldn't care less about the "omg another OT thread?!" people...

Biggest movie release in the history of mankind. Who is watching tonight/this weekend?

Theories? Who you wanna see die? Who you wanna see live?

I'm going tonight with a few buddies. 7:30 @ Kendall Regal.

SPOILER WARNING FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!

When I was a child - I did child things.

When I became a man - I did fewer - just a couple fewer - child things.

Sorry, but I could not possibly give a fuzzy rat's *** about the comic book Avengers.

Find a woman. Much more fun way to spend a couple hours.

And you don't have to buy popcorn.

Advertisement
Back