OT: Avengers Endgame

I really liked it. It hit all the points and was about as good as a superhero movie can be. There were some plot holes that I didn't get but the entertainment value was through the roof. I would not be surprised if this movie becomes the highest grossing film ever.

Advertisement
I'm 25. Like I said I have no problem with people watching the movie. I am just stating that it is aimed at children, more so than football.
It’s not aimed at children though... it’s aimed anywhere from 16-30.. first movie was 11 years ago so at the least it’s target were those people that stayed with the movies for 11 years

So, I will give it a 4 out of 10. Boring. And don't get the lack of Capt. Marvel at all. What the **** was the end of Infinity Wars about then? Think the series is played out. Could have been so, so much better.
My friend said the same thing. But after they killed thanos in the beginning, there was no need for captain marvel to just hangout on earth for 5 years. Along with that the movie arc was not about HER. I would’ve felt cheated If they chose that route. The movie was all about the 5 main characters. And rightfully so, each had their own moments. I wish they would’ve did more with the hulk ultimately. Big ups to the Russo brothers and co for putting this together.

You used a .41 mag on a bear? You are incredibly lucky. That is a seriously underpowered round.

You'll have trouble convincing that bear.

I think we disagree on the .41 mag being underpowered - as one can take a look and find out a few facts, such as the .41 magnum shoots a much flatter trajectory, frequently penetrates deeper, and has higher energy - depending on bullet weight.

There's not as much difference as most folks would think. The .44 magnum has an actual bullet diameter of actually a .429 inch, and the .41 magnum is a true .41caliber. .41 versus .429 - not much of a difference. Certainly, bears don't seem to detect that little difference..

Blow a 210 grain bullet out of a 6.5" barrel, and you'll get about 1560 fps, and an energy of about 1135 foot-pounds at the muzzle.

I can't recall which Scandanavian country it is, but the enforcement officers there are issued 10mm pistols - the 10mm has very similar ballistics to the .41 magnum, and that 10mm is for use against bears.

I've hunted deer for many years with either a .44 mag pistol or the .41 mag. Anything under 100 yards - which in most Southern swamps and forests - is about as far as you'll see a deer anyway. I think the longest drop I did on a deer was about 125 yards, a four point buck, and he dropped on the spot - broke his neck.

Truth is, many times I've had run-ins with critters wanting to do me harm - and not once did I have my first choice of weaponry - had I known what I'd run into before I left the house - or point of safety.

In those instances - there was always a better option - a .458 Winmag rifle, a .300 WinMag, a .45-70, or **** - a .50 BMG. But I never seemed to have one with me at the worst moments.

If one needs to shoot multiple times - the .41 magnum in the same pistol - will provide less recoil, enabling you to get that barrel back down for a more rapid series of follow-on shots.

I have both .41 magnums and more than one .44 magnum. Just a personal choice based on real-life factors. Faster, flatter, deeper, harder.

I always had to use what I had on me. And what I find very versatile - is a .41 magnum blowing out a 6.5" barrel will take down any North American big game animal - even Browns and Elk.

I said "will." Not "ideal."

Incredible ending w some truly iconic moments. It was like Bill and Ted but w superheroes.

My favorite part? I have no idea what's coming next for the MCU.

A minor question however ...

If we jumped forward 5 years, why is Spidey still in high school ?
Because he hasn't been in HS for those 5 years. He's been in the Soul Realm. The biggest question is, who all else disappeared in the snap? His buddy Ned was right there waiting in HS for him, so it's probably a good assumption that he was snapped away too.

They really need to go into detail and explain the Soul Realm if that's the theory they're going with for where everyone was after the snap. That's just my assumption, only thing that makes sense to me.

Advertisement
Because he hasn't been in HS for those 5 years. He's been in the Soul Realm. The biggest question is, who all else disappeared in the snap? His buddy Ned was right there waiting in HS for him, so it's probably a good assumption that he was snapped away too.

They really need to go into detail and explain the Soul Realm if that's the theory they're going with for where everyone was after the snap. That's just my assumption, only thing that makes sense to me.

My son said the same thing. It makes sense.

Incredible ending but average the rest of the time. The time travel was so convenient. They never had what they needed to time travel until they needed to time travel. Then at the end, BAM! There’s another time trace machine. That’s lazy writing.

But baller fight scenes at the end

My biggest question, did Dr Strange see the rat that would just so happen to walk across the right button and save half of humanity? That’s nuts

Advertisement
SIAP, but regarding the timeline and Spidey --

From the directors:
Shouldn’t all his classmates have graduated by now? Yes and no.

“So… Ned disappeared as well,” Joe Russo tells EW. “That’s the two of them seeing each other for the first time after having disappeared.”

One of the things that future Marvel movies will deal with is how characters who have been absent for five years are trying to fit in again with a world that has moved on.

Couldn't care less about the "omg another OT thread?!" people...

Biggest movie release in the history of mankind. Who is watching tonight/this weekend?

Theories? Who you wanna see die? Who you wanna see live?

I'm going tonight with a few buddies. 7:30 @ Kendall Regal.

SPOILER WARNING FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!

Loved it.

Advertisement
It’s not aimed at children though... it’s aimed anywhere from 16-30.. first movie was 11 years ago so at the least it’s target were those people that stayed with the movies for 11 years

Older than 30. I was reading the Infinity Gauntlet and stories leading up to it in the late 80s ad early 90s. Plenty of people in their 40 and 50s love this movie.

Older than 30. I was reading the Infinity Gauntlet and stories leading up to it in the late 80s ad early 90s. Plenty of people in their 40 and 50s love this movie.
Nah i know that, it’s realistically aimed for all ages, but wanted to narrow it down for arguments sake

Advertisement
Back