OT: Antonio Brown

I am no expert - but he shows some classic signs of "Children's PTSD"
***with some of his childhood background that has been mentioned it would fit.

Advertisement
I’m dead.
FB8B91C1-A7FC-4B35-B4EB-7B42C56ECCD7.jpeg

Advertisement
Reading comprehension..
I did not say pro athletes do it all the time I said everyday people quit their jobs and say **** you to everyone working that day.. and I gave the only example of a pro athlete I recall (Vontae Davis) who quit mid game.
Sure, people do this everyday, but are those normal behaviors that would make them hirable in the future? Nope…

Advertisement
Wondering where all the “he's not well” crew were prior to the shoulder pads coming off and streaking incident….

I am. Wuzzup NYSOM? Good to hear from.
And by the way. I used to want to go to school to get a meal. But I made a decision as a young teenager to do better than what I lived as a child. My kids never saw a day like I did but they were taught to work for what you want.
And what a tremendous example you have set for all.

Good on you!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The craziest part is there's tons of people defending him trying to say the bucs benched him to avoid paying incentives in his contract. Nevermind that he got himself suspended for 3 games for his fake vaccine card or has a history of crazy behavior.
They have a game next week too..always smart to walk over hundreds to pick up pennies

Advertisement
How many people would kill to have the opportunities he's thrown away?

What a waste.

The craziest part is there's tons of people defending him trying to say the bucs benched him to avoid paying incentives in his contract. Nevermind that he got himself suspended for 3 games for his fake vaccine card or has a history of crazy behavior.
According to Ghey Jayzer the reverse insanely happened. Arians was trying to put AB IN the game and AB (for whatever reason) refused. Arians tried to send him in again and AB refused. Arians then told him to leave the sideline and the outburst ensued.

Have a brilliant Psychiatrist colleague I was downrange with and one day at lunch he concisely described the dilemma of mental illness.

It's a tale of two views.

On the one hand, mental illness (vice physical trauma to emotional centers) is never an excuse for poor behavior, but it is always an explanation of it.

For those trapped behind the dark veil, they simply struggle beyond their resiliency to see the world as it really is. For them, the sight picture is always obscured, always colored black and gray.

The brutal truth is unless the patient wants and achieves real change, at best the mental illness is just managed to varying degrees (from really good to really bad) and the root cause process(es) are never healed.

I'm like as far removed from any experise on this front as possible but I love your colleague's assessment.

None of us know what’s really going on. Outside of LCE knowing him in high school, speculating is a dangerous game. The only thing clear was he “appeared normal” most of his career from the outside looking in and been a free fall publicly since.

Advertisement
Back