OT: A Cane now owns the XFL

Advertisement
He went way past Hogan in mainstream appeal... Hogan bombed hard at movies...granted times were different as far as internet and things like that go but Dwayne is way more talented than Hogan ever was...
Hogan never layeddown or did his "job" until late in his career. Rock stayed true to the business and did what he had to do.

Hogan never layeddown or did his "job" until late in his career. Rock stayed true to the business and did what he had to do.
The Rock and Austin saved WWE in the 90's just as Hogan changed the game in the mid 80's..
Each have a substantial legacy that they worked hard to earn...

I question the value of the purchase. Since the XFL was never really successful, and there is no infrastructure, wouldn't it be better to start a league from scratch without coughing up an addition $15 Mill?

Not really IMO. There are vendor agreements, venue contracts, admin, player contracts, TV contracts, millions in legal that is already in place, and a lot more. I am speculating, some of that may have gone by the wayside, and I don't know any of the details, but $15M is a rounding error if they think this can even be modestly successful aka profitable at all. Vince and his crew certainly put more than $15M in sweat equity alone getting it off the ground.

My key question is how much, if any debt did they also assume?

Advertisement
Remember when there were rumors and blowback about Vince trying to buy the XFL back for pennies on the dollar after declaring bankruptcy? I doubt it based on The Rock's own financial stature but I really hope McMahon is not secretly part of this and won't eventually be at all. Take the L, old man!

The Rock and Austin saved WWE in the 90's just as Hogan changed the game in the mid 80's..
Each have a substantial legacy that they worked hard to earn...
Depends the way you look at it. If I remember correctly you were in the biz. I have no love loss for the wwf hogan or vince McMahon. I'm a Nwa territory guy with a complete mark degree for anything Dusty...

Advertisement
image.gif

"The Rock says the XFL is the people's league for the people's champ!
"And for the millions and millions of fans of Football out there are gonna smeeeelllllllll what the Rock is cookin!"

Depends the way you look at it. If I remember correctly you were in the biz. I have no love loss for the wwf hogan or vince McMahon. I'm a Nwa territory guy with a complete mark degree for anything Dusty...
Oh I hear ya dude... I was just speaking on the WWE aspect of it.... Believe me I love the "Territory Days" as much as anyone.... If someone doesn't like old school Dusty or Ric Flair promos then they got some issues.. Those guys were freaking gold standard.... Heck check out some old Roddy promos from GCW or Mid-Atlantic... Roddy was a freaking Boss... Loved him...

Oh I hear ya dude... I was just speaking on the WWE aspect of it.... Believe me I love the "Territory Days" as much as anyone.... If someone doesn't like old school Dusty or Ric Flair promos then they got some issues.. Those guys were freaking gold standard.... Heck check out some old Roddy promos from GCW or Mid-Atlantic... Roddy was a freaking Boss... Loved him...
Mid Atlantic Roddy is awesome. The Hammer and diry **** slater.

Mid Atlantic Roddy is awesome. The Hammer and diry **** slater.
I go on Youtube all the time and watch all that stuff...It's fun to watch stuff I only read about in mags as a kid... Seeing AWA stuff , WCCW stuff with the Freebirds- Von Erich wars... Love it all...
Remember the Tommy Rich -Buzz Sawyer wars or Roddy vs Buzz where Roddy really hung himself in a promo... Dude turned freaking purple.. that was crazy...

Advertisement
Not to derail my own thread... but had to.
Reminds me of the Paul E. Dangerously pipebomb on Smackdown.

The irony of that promo, Heyman took a jab at the original XFL.

I go on Youtube all the time and watch all that stuff...It's fun to watch stuff I only read about in mags as a kid... Seeing AWA stuff , WCCW stuff with the Freebirds- Von Erich wars... Love it all...
We were lucky in Miami. I remember seeing alot of different show besides Championship wrestling from Fl. On local channels. But i completely agree. I get my BlackJack Mulligan fix off YouTube.

Advertisement
D , for sure. Paul E. Is etched in prowrestling history.
Now on topic. Rock is making a power move. O definitely see this turning into some type of minor league.
That's what I'm seriously hoping.
With the NCAA and P5 at war with each other threatening to leave the NCAA and the Rock with his connections (let's not act like he doesn't know ppl who can help him get this into motion), this looks like the perfect storm for the XFL and minor league football to finally make its mark in sports.

We were lucky in Miami. I remember seeing alot of different show besides Championship wrestling from Fl. On local channels. But i completely agree. I get my BlackJack Mulligan fix off YouTube.
I was lucky enough to catch a few FCW shows at the old Miami Beach Convention center in the mid 80's... Those were so good... Dusty patted me on the head once... I was like 14 and thought my life just peaked... LMAO!!!!
Same thing happened when I was 9 or 10... I grew up in NY so we used to catch shows at the Garden every so often... Andre the Giant was on a card I went to and when the wrestlers would come out to the ring all the kids on the floor would rush the aisle way and crowd the guard rails....
Andre comes out and starts walking down hands extended , patting kids on the head and such and got me and my friend I was with.... Seriously speaking his hand encapsulated my whole head... Like the world went dark for a few seconds..... I was so stoked... LOL!!!!

Advertisement
Back