OT: A Cane now owns the XFL

I'll tell ya what though as good as that was and it was good cause Kingston is gonna be a star.... But the match where Ricky Starks took the skateboard with tacks in it from Darby was kinda scary... You could see Starks was in real pain after that... the way his leg was shaking wasn't kayfabe...
I mean I'm all for guys taking risks and all that but that was pretty brutal to see...
Yeah that was overkill and it didn't end right..

Advertisement
Yeah that was overkill and it didn't end right..
Yea that got me... It even looked like when Ricky rolled out of the ring Brian kinda stood there and didn't know what to do so it looked like he bent over and started pulling tacks out of Ricky's back.... Glad they didn't show that....

Not really IMO. There are vendor agreements, venue contracts, admin, player contracts, TV contracts, millions in legal that is already in place, and a lot more. I am speculating, some of that may have gone by the wayside, and I don't know any of the details, but $15M is a rounding error if they think this can even be modestly successful aka profitable at all. Vince and his crew certainly put more than $15M in sweat equity alone getting it off the ground.

My key question is how much, if any debt did they also assume?
That was why they filed for bankruptcy. Alpha Entertainment had at least $100M on tap for the XFL, but losing the TV revenue and ticket revenue was untenable. The bankruptcy filing was to deal with the contracts to coaches like Stoops.

I was lucky enough to catch a few FCW shows at the old Miami Beach Convention center in the mid 80's... Those were so good... Dusty patted me on the head once... I was like 14 and thought my life just peaked... LMAO!!!!
Same thing happened when I was 9 or 10... I grew up in NY so we used to catch shows at the Garden every so often... Andre the Giant was on a card I went to and when the wrestlers would come out to the ring all the kids on the floor would rush the aisle way and crowd the guard rails....
Andre comes out and starts walking down hands extended , patting kids on the head and such and got me and my friend I was with.... Seriously speaking his hand encapsulated my whole head... Like the world went dark for a few seconds..... I was so stoked... LOL!!!!
Wrestling was always big in Florida. Got to see the 1991 Royal Rumble at the Miami Arena. I remember watching NWA Worldwide, WWF’s three shows, FCW, ECW, AWA, and even the USWA on television.

Advertisement
Wrestling was always big in Florida. Got to see the 1991 Royal Rumble at the Miami Arena. I remember watching NWA Worldwide, WWF’s three shows, FCW, ECW, AWA, and even the USWA on television.
You should've been at 87 great American bash war games at the Orange Bowl. Dusty, Nikita, and tbe Road Warriors vs the four horsemen.

That was why they filed for bankruptcy. Alpha Entertainment had at least $100M on tap for the XFL, but losing the TV revenue and ticket revenue was untenable. The bankruptcy filing was to deal with the contracts to coaches like Stoops.

They they will shed a ton of it (you can see they are trying to drop Luck but he's suing them) but I am wondering what they committed to carrying, if anything.

Advertisement
Top 5 promo of all time in my book. This, Macho's cream of the crop, Hogan's Bash at the Beach promo, Heyman's pipebomb and Punk's pipebomb the best promos IMO of all time.
Look up Piper hanging himself during the Buzz Sawyer feud.. that was chilling....
Ric Flair - I can't keep these alligators down... That was awesome..

Advertisement
Piper's dog collar matches in midatlantic....
Roddy was so good.... Although he'll never get the credit he deserves for it but he was just as important as Hogan was during the WWF boom of the mid 80's... Wrestlemania 1 doesn't happen without Roddy as the main Heel... WWF/WWE needed the ultimate bad guy to balance out Hogans babyface and Roddy fit the bill to a T.... Dude was a freaking beast... Mad respect to Piper...

Advertisement
Roddy was so good.... Although he'll never get the credit he deserves for it but he was just as important as Hogan was during the WWF boom of the mid 80's... Wrestlemania 1 doesn't happen without Roddy as the main Heel... WWF/WWE needed the ultimate bad guy to balance out Hogans babyface and Roddy fit the bill to a T.... Dude was a freaking beast... Mad respect to Piper...
No doubt. Can't have the babyface without an awesome heel. The coconut to Snuka's head set it him up for that moment.

No doubt. Can't have the babyface without an awesome heel. The coconut to Snuka's head set it him up for that moment.
Do you ever watch Being the Elite on Youtube?? It's The Young Bucks show ..... Really Cool stuff... Nice to see the Wrestlers doing things in and out of character... Shows a cool side to a lot of the performers....

Do you ever watch Being the Elite on Youtube?? It's The Young Bucks show ..... Really Cool stuff... Nice to see the Wrestlers doing things in and out of character... Shows a cool side to a lot of the performers....
I think they released one today. To be honest I read the summary on one of the dirt sheets.

Advertisement
Back