OT: A Cane now owns the XFL

Advertisement
U know that $15m could’ve really look good going towards some blue chips.
Lol

Good for Dwayne, man. My guy became extremely successful. That’s called investing in urself. Arguably, he became just as known, if not bigger than Hulk Hogan.

Just wondering how The XFL is going to hold up, for real for real. I hope at the very min, he makes a nice return on his $$, even if it’s for a couple of seasons

Dwayne Johnson buys the XFL for $15 million.

He was moving some couches around in his house, and he found the cash between the cushions. No big deal.

Lol

Good for Dwayne, man. My guy became extremely successful. That’s called investing in urself. Arguably, he became just as known, if not bigger than Hulk Hogan.

Just wondering how The XFL is going to hold up, for real for real. I hope at the very min, he makes a nice return on his $$, even if it’s for a couple of seasons
He's essentially buying the rights, and will need to pull in a lot of outside investors to relaunch it. Vince McMahon (under the umbrella of Alpha Entertainment) spent many times that amount to get the league up and running for its 2020 premiere. He also had enough money to keep the league going for at least two years under normal business circumstances.

The poster about buying up 5 stars may be onto something. If the COVID situation were to lead to a cancellation of the 2020 and 2021 seasons it's possible that the majority of schools currently fielding D1 teams would shutter them. A ultimate end-goal for McMahon was likely to become an official minor league to the NFL; in a couple of years a well-backed XFL could become the home for a lot of college players not ready for the NFL.

Advertisement
I was just alluding to this last night. If you're a player that's a rising Jr. looking to get paid, here's your chance.

Advertisement
If the PAC-12 players get their way, he'll own the only option for high school football players to develop for the NFL.

I question the value of the purchase. Since the XFL was never really successful, and there is no infrastructure, wouldn't it be better to start a league from scratch without coughing up an addition $15 Mill?

That could be the G league that NFL is looking for...

.... or a competitor to the CFB where the pay is fair and legit

I question the value of the purchase. Since the XFL was never really successful, and there is no infrastructure, wouldn't it be better to start a league from scratch without coughing up an addition $15 Mill?
Brand recognition. Far more than the Alliance for American Football or USFL.

XFL had a decent chance of being successful this time around. McMahon and the people around him had done their homework and were ready for at least a 2 year undertaking. It's gone because the league wasn't viable with no fans and no TV revenue.

Advertisement
That could be the G league that NFL is looking for...

.... or a competitor to the CFB where the pay is fair and legit
Yep, that was the AAFL's explicit, stated goal. They launched however without enough capital to last a full season.

I've presumed that this was the XFL's ultimate end-goal as well.

THe XFL was doing fairly well before the pandemic, who knows how successful it could have been?

Advertisement
Lol

He went way past Hogan in mainstream appeal... Hogan bombed hard at movies...granted times were different as far as internet and things like that go but Dwayne is way more talented than Hogan ever was...

Miami Hurricanes' Locker Room Named After Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Advertisement
Back