OT: A Cane now owns the XFL

Advertisement
Mutually guilty. Btw. I loved going to MB convention center. When ECW started coming to war memorial ft. L. I took my younger brother to every show. It brought back memories.
I never caught one of those and I regret it... I used to go to a bunch of concerts at the War but never wrestling.... But by the time ECW was happening I was a freaking mess so there's a bunch of stuff I missed.... lol

I never caught one of those and I regret it... I used to go to a bunch of concerts at the War but never wrestling.... But by the time ECW was happening I was a freaking mess so there's a bunch of stuff I missed.... lol
I'd take a break from the madness for my younger brother. But i hear you. Im definitely no saint.

I'd take a break from the madness for my younger brother. But i hear you. Im definitely no saint.
What sucks about going to an event now or before the crap started was house shows were so stripped down it just seemed like no one really gave a crap they were there... it really was a going through the motions kinda thing... and then TV taping's are just horrible to sit through... I did that once and said never again.... I do wanna catch a AEW show... Really love watching them now... To me they're way better than WWE from story telling perspective... They obviously need to grow more and hopefully they do once Corona runs it's course...

Advertisement
What sucks about going to an event now or before the crap started was house shows were so stripped down it just seemed like no one really gave a crap they were there... it really was a going through the motions kinda thing... and then TV taping's are just horrible to sit through... I did that once and said never again.... I do wanna catch a AEW show... Really love watching them now... To me they're way better than WWE from story telling perspective... They obviously need to grow more and hopefully they do once Corona runs it's course...
AEW is the new standard. If course I'm biased when the son of the son of the plumber is running the show.

Seriously even if you're not a wrestling fan how on Earth could you not love The Rock?

Is there a better person, ambassador & performer at his level in any other field of entertainment?

The Rock is pure excellence man, as an actor, wrestler & just as a human being, he's just the best.
No doubt. Anyone who disagrees is clueless.

Seriously even if you're not a wrestling fan how on Earth could you not love The Rock?

Is there a better person, ambassador & performer at his level in any other field of entertainment?

The Rock is pure excellence man, as an actor, wrestler & just as a human being, he's just the best.
Where he really excels is his chameleon like ability to fit in any environment handed to him.... That really sets him apart from other people at his level of fame...

1596480211463.png

Advertisement
I haven't watched a lot of AEW but from the few matches I've seen they completely get how to work a program & out the focus on the ring work way better than WWE does now. WWE's modern product is just so watered down & unentertaining, nothing like what they used to have during the Attitude era.

I really liked Lucha Underground from a few years ago when it was on TV, they had some really great matches & story telling. But I'm very biased towards Lucha Libre style wrestling because I got into AAA heavy when I lived down in Mexico for a year after I graduated, so I got to see it up close & the Luchadors put on the best live shows you'll ever see.

I haven't watched a lot of AEW but from the few matches I've seen they completely get how to work a program & out the focus on the ring work way better than WWE does now. WWE's modern product is just so watered down & unentertaining, nothing like what they used to have during the Attitude era.

I really liked Lucha Underground from a few years ago when it was on TV, they had some really great matches & story telling. But I'm very biased towards Lucha Libre style wrestling because I got into AAA heavy when I lived down in Mexico for a year after I graduated, so I got to see it up close & the Luchadors put on the best live shows you'll ever see.
Yea they really put a major emphasis on the athletic aspect of wrestling... I won't say I'm big into that style but I do appreciate it.... They put in solid work every time...
As a kid one of my favorite wrestlers was Mil Mascaras.... I would buy magazines and fill out the contest entries to try to win one of his masks.... Never happened.... Now you can get them on Amazon and Ebay but it just doesn't feel the same... lol

Advertisement

Triplemania!!!! I miss Vampiro on color. The 1st ultimalucha when he had the bout against Pentagon. Entrance was awesome.

AEW is the new standard. If course I'm biased when the son of the son of the plumber is running the show.
One thing I really love about what AEW is doing right now is how they incorporate new and upcoming wrestlers... They give the guys 5 match deals to see where they're at and go from there which is gonna work out well once crowds come back into the picture... Live tryouts, ya know???
They just signed Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks because of it... Not sure if Warhorse will get a deal but at least he got his brand exposed on a bigger stage.... Cody doing good things for people.. I like that...

Last edited:
One thing I really love about what AEW is doing right now is how they incorporate new and upcoming wrestlers... They give the guys 5 match deals to see where their at and go from there which is gonna work out well once crowds come back into the picture... Live tryouts, ya know???
They just signed Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks because of it... Not sure if Warhorse will get a deal but at east he got his brand exposed on a bigger stage.... Cody doing good things for people.. I like that...
He's hot right now and he's working it perfectly. Throwing a bone to the indy guys is great. Cody is doing the work eith them is key. Btw the thumbtack bump against Eddie had the old man smiling from heaven. Many dudes wouldn't do that and the boss stepped up and did. That sets the precedent for the young ones backstage..

Advertisement
He's hot right now and he's working it perfectly. Throwing a bone to the indy guys is great. Cody is doing the work eith them is key. Btw the thumbtack bump against Eddie had the old man smiling from heaven. Many dudes wouldn't do that and the boss stepped up and did. That sets the precedent for the young ones backstage..
I'll tell ya what though as good as that was and it was good cause Kingston is gonna be a star.... But the match where Ricky Starks took the skateboard with tacks in it from Darby was kinda scary... You could see Starks was in real pain after that... the way his leg was shaking wasn't kayfabe...
I mean I'm all for guys taking risks and all that but that was pretty brutal to see...

Advertisement
Back