OSU Tears

Advertisement
Facts to remember-OSU employed a doctor that is accused of abuse of students, dozens of them. Urban brought Smith with him from UF where it now is alleged that the first abuse occurred AND Urban and his wife took it upon themselves to "counsel" the couple instead of reporting it. And perhaps most significantly, the abused wife has stated that her husband boasted that Urban would never fire him because he knew everything and could bring all of OSU management down............I have my popcorn out.

The only thing I will say is Urban knew about Zach's issue back in '09 according to a lot of reports. I would find it hard to believe he was oblivious to it coming about again in '15. Total speculation but he would have to be totally incompetent to not know about another episode of the same issue with the same coach.

Right. Very important point.

Imagine an everyday example. One of your employees is accused of stealing. You look into it, something seems shady, but you cannot prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

Does that mean you spend the next several years just assuming that nothing similar will happen? Or do you monitor that employee a bit more, just to make sure that the accusation does not recur, and perhaps with more substance the second time?

No matter what, Urban Liar knew about the 2009 situation. He sent his own "life coach" to get Courtney Smith to drop her complaints. And even if you want to give Urban Liar full credit for his "counseling", that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been wary about any recurrences. There were NINE police incidents with Smith just in his few years at Ohio Taint.

As for Ohio Taint, let's not forget that they are going through a similar investigation related to the sexual molestation and assault that was going on in their Athletic Department. And by "similar", that does not mean the UNDERLYING crimes (sexual assault vs. domestic violence), it means the FOCUS on who within the Athletic Department had prior knowledge and failed to report or act on it.

It is beyond insane to think that dozens of people (assistants, wives, campus cops, other Athletic Department employees) independently and unanimously decided to withhold this information from Urban Liar, particularly when you consider his longstanding reputation for being detail-oriented, obsessive, and involved in every aspect of his football program.

Urban Liar knew. He knew everything. The proof might not come in a day or an hour, but everybody these days are text-crazy, and it will be hard to build a case that nobody, ever, not even over 5 years, mentioned this to Urban Liar.

At the end of the day, im one of the ones who want oscar cryer around so we can give him the beating he deserves. As far as this situation goes, i respect what jim tressel did trying to cover for his players, when the ncaa is hoggin up the billions of revenue what the **** does a few tattoo's and a couple of dollars mean.

With this situation here, that's osu's problem to clean up, domestic violence can be tricky, let's say she has photo's of bruises, doest mean she wasnt the aggressor, men dont normally take pictures of the multiple scratch and bite marks some of these women dish out. About the only guy that people saw his marks was tiger woods. We all know oscar cryer runs a program that have alot of situations in it, so this is nothing new, the school seems to be looking at the history of his teams, when you got the list of guys under urbans tutelage on his resume, seems to me thats why osu moved so fast. They probably trying make up for when zeke was here and nothing took place. I will say this, football gives alot of guys that would be doing alot more detriment to society away to get their aggression out, so at least they are on the field more than off of it, some will stil make time to do what they do. But if it was that serious, she should have reported it to the police, what can oscar liar do.

The only thing that matters to me is what we doing at UM, bump ohigho fake!

Advertisement
Pretty much what I said...any University employee with knowledge is required to report the allegations that Zack Smith was abusing his wife. That includes Urban. Sorry is that wasn't clear.

As far as his contract goes...that's just a separation with cause statement. Title IX don't care what's in his contract. That clause in his contract is a CYA so OSU can cut their losses without having to pay Urban's buy-out.

Either way the muther ***** should be gone, Aaron Hernandez agrees

I am betting that not only Meyer and several of the assistant coaches that knew will be fired but I also bet that the AD is toast as well.

He knew about all of the past allegations about Meyer in his tenure at UF and still chose to bring him to Columbus.

Advertisement
What always befuddles me to no end about situations like this is Meyer the Liar is a POS but he's not stupid. He knew of the allegations in 2009 in gayturdville and did nothing. He's apparently aware of the current allegations and does nothing. He risks his career all for a low level asst coach. Makes me wonder what this POS Zach has on Urbie.

Zach Smith's grandpa is Earle Bruce former OSU HC under whom Urbz was a Asst./GA in the 80s. Him and Smith go waaaayyy back. I presume it was arrogance and nepotism that allowed Smith to keep his job following his previous domestic violence allegations, not blackmail.

Zach Smith's grandpa is Earle Bruce former OSU HC under whom Urbz was a Asst./GA in the 80s. Him and Smith go waaaayyy back. I presume it was arrogance and nepotism that allowed Smith to keep his job following his previous domestic violence allegations, not blackmail.
That explains a lot of it. Thanks for the info. Still no excuse for turning a blind eye.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Urban just can't run a clean program if his life depended on it. Always shady stuff going on with him this isn't anything new

How does Title IX relate to spouses of coaches? There may be a morals or good of the university clause but I don't see title IX. OSU has greater exposure on the wrestling probe.[/QU
This ain't just about Urban, guys. If you haven't read the full story, you really need to look at those text messages. A literal ***ton of people at OSU knew about it and openly discussed it. This woman was crying to all the other wives on staff, wives of people on staff, and wives of people all throughout the athletic department.

This is bad. This is way bigger than Urban and we'd be fools to let them get away with just canning Urban. Nobody in their right mind is ever going to buy that all these wives knew about it and talked about it, including talking to their husbands about it, and nobody said anything or reported it.

It's going to come out that it was reported, and covered up before it could get to the Title IX department. That kind of cover up takes a monumental coordination effort. This ain't just about Urban.

I'd be shocked if they retain the Liar. There will be a lot of other fallout from this. It also came out this morning that he hired the ex IU coach in 2016 who was fired for abusing his players...I guess old Urban thought he was untouchable. Apparently no-one else ever did any background checking when he hired coaches. The asst. coaches wife has photos; the guy sounds like an OJ.

The real question is, which offense is the football team in **** going to run, Meyer's or Briles'?

LMAO at Meyer not knowing about the 2015 incident. These dudes are the KINGS of their towns. If a cop goes to an assistant, player, or medical staff house for a simple disturbance call, they get notified ASAP.

Advertisement
Back