OSU Tears

It’s either fire Urban Liar ASAP or risk having snowflakes melting down and protesting on campus and at games and practices..... As the old saying goes, You Reap what you sow!

Advertisement
But if the contract was extended in April (2018) and the incident occurred in 2015, how does that demonstrate a breach of the clause?

I can see Meyer being suspended for fall camp and the first two games along with his wife taking the brunt of the punishment (she will be fired). Unless there's something else that I'm missing.

Meyer is too valuable financially to the institution; they will find a way to keep him employed.
You don't unknow something. If he knew in 2015, he still had a duty to report. If it is determined that he knew in 2015, as the text messages suggest, he fraudulently entered into his contract extension.

You don't unknow something. If he knew in 2015, he still had a duty to report. If it is determined that he knew in 2015, as the text messages suggest, he fraudulently entered into his contract extension.

I missed the text message, what do they say?

While you can't unknow something, wouldn't it also be very difficult to prove what someone knew?

Unless there's a text where Meyer explicitly acknowledges knowing what happened and doing nothing about it, I just find it difficult to believe OSU would remove him. Suspension and things of that sort sure, but termination?

I might be naive here, but I don't but anything passed big money college football.

Advertisement

These Ohio Taint fans are closing in on Gaytor-levels of delusion.

Look at their Taint Logicz...Courtney Smith is only out for money...Courtney Smith needs money...because her husband got fired...but it was her call to the police that got him fired...

Wouldn't the LOGICAL thing for Courtney Smith be to continue to NOT report the abuse, and then she would continue to get money? After all, the guy was making $350K per year. Even if Ohio Taint pays her the same $950K that F$U paid Rapeist Winston's victim, her lawyer will get 40% of that right off the top.

Oh, no, that is way too easy. After all, there is such a LUCRATIVE and well-known field called "spousal and sexual abuse lawsuits". Yeah, all the women are doing it now...haven't you seen those ads on the interwebz? "Do you want to make $1,000 a day by staying at home and doing nothing? Well then call the offices of Fake Spousal & Sexual Assault Associates, and one of our trained staff will teach you how to retroactively create photos of your abuse, file ridiculous lawsuits, and interact with the media."

Yeah, the Taint fans are going to continue to victim-blame and victim-attack until, a year from now, we will all be gaslighted into believing that Urban Liar actually threw his body in between Courtney and Zach Smith to protect her from another beatdown.

One round of texts is between the wives.
One is saying Urban confronted Zack, but he denied everything. Then it goes on to say that Zack is just telling everybody his wife is crazy.

It's not their job to confront Zack or determine the merits of the allegations. It's Urban's duty to report.

There's far too many texts between too many people discussing what Urban knew, what he was (or wasn't) going to do about it, and how other members of the University were reacting to it. You don't have to provide concrete evidence that Urban knew exactly what was going on.

There's two ways to look at this.
1. Urban is lying and should be fired.

2. Urban is telling the truth and everyone else is lying--and when I say everyone, you really should check the details. A ***ton of people at that University did know about it and openly discussed Urban and other coaches knowing about it--He didn't know, but he should have known, and has to be fired for not maintaining institutional control over his staff.

I really hope the quote that McMurphy is reporting is accurate that Zach Smith says he is going to take everyone down at Ohio State with him. The meltdown would be all time.

Both wrong. Title IX applies to Zack Smith. As an employee of the university, any other employee of the university is required to forward these allegations to Title IX compliance department.

It’s not the responsibility of Urban or his wife, or any other university employee to determine the merits of the allegations. It’s their duty to report.

New contract provisions could pose problem as Ohio State's Urban Meyer is placed on leave

"Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

Advertisement
One is saying Urban confronted Zack, but he denied everything. Then it goes on to say that Zack is just telling everybody his wife is crazy.

It's not their job to confront Zack or determine the merits of the allegations. It's Urban's duty to report.

There's far too many texts between too many people discussing what Urban knew, what he was (or wasn't) going to do about it, and how other members of the University were reacting to it. You don't have to provide concrete evidence that Urban knew exactly what was going on.

2. Urban is telling the truth and everyone else is lying--and when I say everyone, you really should check the details. A ***ton of people at that University did know about it and openly discussed Urban and other coaches knowing about it--He didn't know, but he should have known, and has to be fired for not maintaining institutional control over his staff.

The only thing I will say is Urban knew about Zach's issue back in '09 according to a lot of reports. I would find it hard to believe he was oblivious to it coming about again in '15. Total speculation but he would have to be totally incompetent to not know about another episode of the same issue with the same coach.

What always befuddles me to no end about situations like this is Meyer the Liar is a POS but he's not stupid. He knew of the allegations in 2009 in gayturdville and did nothing. He's apparently aware of the current allegations and does nothing. He risks his career all for a low level asst coach. Makes me wonder what this POS Zach has on Urbie.

The only thing I will say is Urban knew about Zach's issue back in '09 according to a lot of reports. I would find it hard to believe he was oblivious to it coming about again in '15. Total speculation but he would have to be totally incompetent to not know about another episode of the same issue with the same coach.
This ain't just about Urban, guys. If you haven't read the full story, you really need to look at those text messages. A literal ***ton of people at OSU knew about it and openly discussed it. This woman was crying to all the other wives on staff, wives of people on staff, and wives of people all throughout the athletic department.

This is bad. This is way bigger than Urban and we'd be fools to let them get away with just canning Urban. Nobody in their right mind is ever going to buy that all these wives knew about it and talked about it, including talking to their husbands about it, and nobody said anything or reported it.

It's going to come out that it was reported, and covered up before it could get to the Title IX department. That kind of cover up takes a monumental coordination effort. This ain't just about Urban.

This ain't just about Urban, guys. If you haven't read the full story, you really need to look at those text messages. A literal ***ton of people at OSU knew about it and openly discussed it. This woman was crying to all the other wives on staff, wives of people on staff, and wives of people all throughout the athletic department.

This is bad. This is way bigger than Urban and we'd be fools to let them get away with just canning Urban. Nobody in their right mind is ever going to buy that all these wives knew about it and talked about it, including talking to their husbands about it, and nobody said anything or reported it.

It's going to come out that it was reported, and covered up before it could get to the Title IX department. That kind of cover up takes a monumental coordination effort. This ain't just about Urban.

Not disputing anything you said and I hope they take a torch to the entire place. I still want Urban's head on a stake. Selfish reasons. It would be great for the flagship Big Ten school to get drilled. People may start to turn on each other soon if the heat gets too hot.

Advertisement

Totally unrelated to this Urbie mess, they're still dealing with the wrestling scandal. If nothing else, it shows a lack of institutional control.

I agree.

It's hard for me to believe that Urban would be the lone casualty in all of this. Heads are going to roll when a title IX investigation makes its way to your school. Gene Smith may be on his way out the door as well.....too be fair though, I've always considered him an idiot. Especially when he didn't take a bowl ban the year between Tressel and Meyer. Urban got them an undefeated season in year 1 and couldn't do anything because of sanctions.

Advertisement

All good points. The other thing I'd be worried about if I'm in Meyer's camp is this: what else does McMurphy have?

Meyer basically got up at his press conference last week and said McMurphy made all this up. Then McMurphy dropped this bomb yesterday morning. If I'm Urban, and I actually knew at least SOME THINGS that were going on with Smith and his wife, I'd be very, very careful. If I call out McMurphy any more, there may be other incriminating evidence out there that McMurphy has and could drop at any time.

All good points. The other thing I'd be worried about if I'm in Meyer's camp is this: what else does McMurphy have?

Meyer basically got up at his press conference last week and said McMurphy made all this up. Then McMurphy dropped this bomb yesterday morning. If I'm Urban, and I actually knew at least SOME THINGS that were going on with Smith and his wife, I'd be very, very careful. If I call out McMurphy any more, there may be other incriminating evidence out there that McMurphy has and could drop at any time.
McMurphy said he has thousands of texts, and is ready to rumble.

McMurphy came out looking like a G on this one.

The 2nd most powerful coach in CFB (Saban being number 1) called bull**** on you and your report.

And you just may have cost him his job.

Advertisement
Back