OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

😆
Flowers was a bum for awhile he’s just getting back on track. We use to kill flowers when he was on the giants. No cap doe y’all boys soft when y’all gotta play in cold weather.
You're right. South Florida kids are doing terrible in cold weather states.

The fvck?! LOL

Advertisement
btw isn’t Steve Mcquire the all time leader in touchdowns for the Hurricanes if not definitely top #2 ? And he’s from Queens Ny. Just to follow up your argument about “OOS Players are trash.”
I literally never said OOS players are trash.

Recruiting Texas is NOT GOING TO FIX OUR ISSUES.

We have recruited Texas.
We have recruited OOS.

THOSE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN TRASH.

Wanna know who weren’t busts though? Ed Reed, Tremain Mack, Ronnie Leppet, Fred Marion, Darrell Fullington, Bubba McDowell, Ryan McNeil, Carlos Jones, Phillip Buchanon, Alfonso Marshall, Kelly Jennings, Marcus Maxey, Brandon Meriweather, Rayshawn Jenkins, Adrian Colbert, and Mike Jackson. These are the majority of drafted guys since 1980...not from SFL. Hmmm but I thought DBU was SFL majority guys?

Not like tight hipped Al Blades

Not like slow DJ Ivey

Not like “should’ve been a safety” Trajan Bandy

not like “I didn’t start in High School” Nigel Bethel

Not like “where’d he throw the ball” Jhavontae Dean

not like “all I do well is hit people” Gurvan Hall

not like “they brought in a transfer to replace me” Amari Carter...

Sorry I forgot about Tecory and I’m not gonna pass judgement but one question. How does it feel to know that the best 4 DBs we’ve had the last 6 years...weren’t from here.

Most of those kids you just named were what we were left with after striking out on the elite South FLA kids. (or not even recruiting some of them)

You keep naming out-of-town players that were good, as if that proves some point. (a point that we're not even arguing)
We can name a list of South Florida kids who are just as good BUT THEY WENT ELSEWHERE.

Listing University of Miami's bad South Florida players doesn't prove **** except that our recruiting sucks. The elite South Florida kids aren't at Miami. I think we're all aware of that.

Advertisement
Most of those kids you just named were what we were left with after striking out on the elite South FLA kids. (or not even recruiting some of them)

You keep naming out-of-town players that were good, as if that proves some point. (a point that we're not even arguing)
We can name a list of South Florida kids who are just as good BUT THEY WENT ELSEWHERE.

Listing University of Miami's bad South Florida players doesn't prove **** except that our recruiting sucks. The elite South Florida kids aren't at Miami. I think we're all aware of that.
But that’s not the point I’m trying to argue. What I’m trying to argue is to stop using SFL as some kind of pedal stool on our board and take players based of talent no matter where the **** it is. I already said that to you.

Dmoney is finally realizing Diaz took Jacorey Hammett over Chase Smith and he pimped the take. You should’ve seen him in the Ivins mock class thread with “Chase Smith better be in this class”. I put him in mine in hope Diaz is not that stupid. We got another guy this class named Nathan Rawlings-Kibonge who’s built just like Greg but just a bit heavier that we’re probably gonna pass on waiting for Chamon to make up his on rather he’s going to play defense or not. Why? Because Nathan isn’t from SFL. ****, we got posters on here who want to turn away Tar’Varish Dawson who ran a 10.58 100m for Kevin Knowles and Tim Burns because they’re “dawgs”. They’re 150 soaking wet and aren’t anything special athlete wise like Dawson but they’re “SFL dawgs” so we gotta turn away a better athlete. If Dawson and Rawlings-Kibonge were from here and we passed on them then these very same people would lose their minds.

Last edited:
What?

I heard we want both. They don’t even play the same position.
Yea, well guess what? The best insider out of all the sites left him off his mock and I’m willing to guess he didn’t do it for his own health.

Advertisement
On a 7-6 team. That's great.

I think that's more a reflection of how little talent we have than anything else. I'd gladly trade those 2 MF'ers for the countless elite offensive kids from South Florida that are elsewhere in country right now. (well except maybe Brevin)

Besides, those are 2 blue chip kids. DJ and Brevin weren't some under-the-radar OOS kids.

"OuR 2 bEsT wEaPoNs WeRe OOS kIdS."

Yeah and so was our ****head under-achieving blue chip WR...and 2 of our bum QB's.
Lol I enjoy you trying to spin that argument... Brevin a Mackey award finalist while missing half the season.

And DJ one of the few dudes with a set of balls on a team littered with south Florida divas who actually gives a **** yet your still putting him down.

I’ll give you that Macho your consistent... wrong... but consistent

I'd gladly trade those 2 MF'ers for the countless elite offensive kids from South Florida that are elsewhere in country right now. (well except maybe Brevin)

Two things in this thread I will never understand: 1) hating on South Florida players, generally; and 2) dogging Hurricanes who signed here from OOS and delivered for this university while representing it well.

Try to make your point without ****ting on our guys.

That doesn’t answer my question how UCF can take a DB recruit we want.

Keep pumping up these 3stars as if these guys will be loyal and be the absolute soul reason we turn it around. Your gonna miss on kids nationally... your gonna miss on kids right here in state. As quick as you can say how can moss or Uche be allowed to leave remember the other big 2 in state let them walk out too.

Get off your high horse pretending like recruiting misses haven’t happened here since schnelly... you can make an all Miami dream team of kids that got misevaluated and went elsewhere

maybe i can answer...having his dad play with the dc of the school in college he committed to..who is a better recruiter than our db coaches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But that’s not the point I’m trying to argue. What I’m trying to argue is to stop using SFL as some kind of pedal stool on our board and take players based of talent no matter where the **** it is. I already said that to you.

Dmoney is finally realizing Diaz took Jacorey Hammett over Chase Smith and he pimped the take. You should’ve seen him in the Ivins mock class thread with “Chase Smith better be in this class”. I put him in mine in hope Diaz is not that stupid. We got another guy this class named Nathan Rawlings-Kibonge who’s built just like Greg but just a bit heavier that we’re probably gonna pass on waiting for Chamon to make up his on rather he’s going to play defense or not. Why? Because Nathan isn’t from SFL. ****, we got posters on here who want to turn away Tar’Varish Dawson who ran a 10.58 100m for Kevin Knowles and Tim Burns because they’re “dawgs”. They’re 150 soaking wet and aren’t anything special athlete wise like Dawson but they’re “SFL dawgs” so we gotta turn away a better athlete. If Dawson and Rawlings-Kibonge were from here and we passed on them then these very same people would lose their minds.

Again...Dawson runs the 100 better....Burns and Knowles play cb better. That's my opinion...that being said Dawson is no bigger than either of them.
Love his speed...but both of the kids you named have been playing the position at a way higher level than he has. Most of his tape is on offense.

Two clips in on Burns tape he is going against more div 1 athletes than Dawson whole 7 mins. **** he has one of our current players on our roster locked up in one of the clips, as well as a former commit.

Whats even worse...Dawson is from Ft Myers. Its a 2 hour drive.

I love deejays heart. He was a great leader here.

I think many fans love him for that reason. High character kid.

As a player I think many of our fans overrate him. His career here was alright.

Im the last decade I’d rank our RBs
1. Duke
2. Miller
3. Walton
4. Homer
5. Dallas
6. Yearby
7. Berry
8. Mike James
9. Gus Edwards

based off what they did at Miami.

Advertisement