OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

The reason is obvious. We’re local. We sign guys like Duke Johnson and Don Chaney based strictly off our location.

People get mad because we finish in second for guys like Jerry Jeudy. Would we even be in his Top 10 if he was from Texas? We’ve sucked for fifteen years. How does going West help us land the kids with options?

Spot on.

You are banking on our evaluations improving. I hope they do. Our draft class would look a lot better if we properly evaluated Damon Arnette, Josh Uche and Zack Moss. That’s the low-hanging fruit.

Damon Arnette was offered by Ohio State in the summer before his senior year. He had been playing WR at STA and recently switched. Even if we had offered him earlier, we were never beating out OSU. As a five year developmental player, I wonder if he would've had the proper structure at Miami to become a first rounder. Probably not but would've been a Day 2 pick worse case scenario with his tools.

We actually did evaluate Moss and Uche, both were Miami commits that decommited. Which goes back to your point you made about Jerry Jeudy. Our decommit list in the 2010s is loaded with talent. That doesn't even include players like Calvin Ridley and Tyrique Stevenson who we missed on. Our second place finishes, mostly from south Florida, showed heavy interest but we developed bad relationships and gained no traction on the field. We improve in those two areas and we'll have more draft picks. Evaluations have been bad, but so has our actual recruiting.

Advertisement
Not one person here said to stay away from Texas though.

I don't know why the keep saying that.
Then why do y’all bring up busts from 10 years ago? Lol

If the staff feels they have some kids who are genuinely interested and fit what they wanna do so be it

Just looking at the 2019 NFL rosters

From the state of Florida.
Bold Played Ball in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County

5 star
CB Mackensie Alexander
S Haha Clinton-Dix
CB Patrick Peterson
WR Calvin Ridley
DL Chad Thomas

CB Kevin Toliver

4 stars
RB Giovanni Bernard
QB Teddy Bridgewater
WR Marquise Brown
CB Artie Burns
DE Brian Burns
S Deon Bush
LB Josh Bynes
S Jamal Carter

OL Mason Cole
WR Amari Cooper
WR Johnnie Dixon
OL Marcus Gilbert
LB Jermaine Grace
OL Bobby Hart
DL Joe Jackson
S Jaquan Johnson
ATH Isaiah McKenzie

WR Ray-Ray Mccloud
S Keanu Neal
WR Riley Ridley
RB Jordan Scarlett

WR Auden Tate
DL Olivier Vernon
WR Javon Wims

3 Star
CB Ricardo Allen
WR Robby Anderson
DL Geno Atkins

QB Kurt Benkert
S Tre Boston
CB Anthony Brown
OLB Devondre Campbell
DL Trevon Coley
DL Bryan Cox Jr
OL John Felciano

K Graham Gano
DL Marquis Haynes
QB Lamar Jackson
S Eddie Jackson

S Natrell Jamerson
OL Fred Johnson
RB Dearnest Johnson
S Karl Joseph
LB Vosean Joseph
G Justin McCray

LB Matt Milano
G John Miller
WR Chris Moore
K Michael Palardy
RB Artavis Pierce
K Eddie Pinero
ATH Brandon Powell
S Sheldrick Redwine

DL Dedrin Senat
RB Devin Singletary
LB Andre Smith
OL Brandon Walton
TE Mitchdll

2 star
FB Patrick DiMarco
LB Khalil Mack
P Pat O’Donnell
W

LB Danny Trevathan

NR
TE Hayden Hurst
WR John Brown

Edit: Going to bed will add some names tomorrow.

Last edited:
Then why do y’all bring up busts from 10 years ago? Lol

If the staff feels they have some kids who are genuinely interested and fit what they wanna do so be it

Because we're trying to convey a point to you/yall.
Recruiting Texas is NOT GOING TO FIX OUR ISSUES.

We have recruited Texas.
We have recruited OOS.

THOSE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN TRASH.

Advertisement

We have recruited Texas.
We have recruited OOS.

Recruiting talented kids won’t fix our issues?

I don’t care where the kids are from as long as they produce on Saturday’s, stay out of trouble, and if they can make it to play on Sundays and rep us even better.

Every big program recruits Texas... choosing to avoid recruiting or at least throwing your hat in the ring for kids is grounds for termination due to sheer incompetence.

Again... last years big argument was why recruit Deerfield?! WE NEVER SIGN KIDS FROM DEEFIELD..... look what happened.

Recruiting talented kids won’t fix our issues?

I don’t care where the kids are from as long as they produce on Saturday’s, stay out of trouble, and if they can make it to play on Sundays and rep us even better.

Every big program recruits Texas... choosing to avoid recruiting or at least throwing your hat in the ring for kids is grounds for termination due to sheer incompetence.

Again... last years big argument was why recruit Deerfield?! WE NEVER SIGN KIDS FROM DEEFIELD..... look what happened.
OMG dude, nobody said recruiting talented kids won't fix our issue. 🙄 lol (I clearly said "recruiting Texas" won't fix our issue)

Y'ALL ARE ACTING LIKE RECRUITING OOS (i.e Texas) IS GONNA FIX OUR PROBLEMS.

We're telling you, IT'S NOT.
We're telling you, WE'VE PUT EFFORTS INTO RECRUITING OOS. (those kids haven't helped us at all)
We're telling you, WE ALWAYS NEED TO RECRUIT NATIONALLY, but if we can't properly evaluate the kids in our backyard we **** sure can't evaluate the ones OOS.

Like, I'm not understanding your argument bro. (You really don't have one)

Not one single pro-Florida person on here has disagreed with recruiting OOS.

Only thing @DMoney and I have said is that recruiting OOS is not the end-all to our woes like y'all are making it out to be. Our OOS evaluations/signees have been worse than our local ones.

That's great, you picked ONE guy.

The last solid OL we had was the unit with Flowers, Feliciano, McDermott, Linder and Henderson.

3 out of those 5 are NFL starters. I'll let you guess where they're from.

The ONE guy on that unit from OOS was a soft 5-star weed smoking bum.
your so passionate about the crib I love it!

He's a starting NFL guard. LOL
Ignore his shaky NFL career. You wouldn't want Ereck Flowers on your COLLEGE football team?

😆 C'mon bro.
😆
Flowers was a bum for awhile he’s just getting back on track. We use to kill flowers when he was on the giants. No cap doe y’all boys soft when y’all gotta play in cold weather.

Advertisement
OMG dude, nobody said recruiting talented kids won't fix our issue. 🙄 lol (I clearly said "recruiting Texas" won't fix our issue)

Y'ALL ARE ACTING LIKE RECRUITING OOS (i.e Texas) IS GONNA FIX OUR PROBLEMS.

We're telling you, IT'S NOT.
We're telling you, WE'VE PUT EFFORTS INTO RECRUITING OOS. (those kids haven't helped us at all)
We're telling you, WE ALWAYS NEED TO RECRUIT NATIONALLY, but if we can't properly evaluate the kids in our backyard we **** sure can't evaluate the ones OOS.

Like, I'm not understanding your argument bro. (You really don't have one)

Not one single pro-Florida person on here has disagreed with recruiting OOS.

Only thing @DMoney and I have said is that recruiting OOS is not the end-all to our woes like y'all are making it out to be. Our OOS evaluations/signees have been worse than our local ones.
btw isn’t Steve Mcquire the all time leader in touchdowns for the Hurricanes if not definitely top #2 ? And he’s from Queens Ny. Just to follow up your argument about “OOS Players are trash.”

There are countless florida...let alone SOUTH FLORIDA DL tearing up the NFL currently.
There is a high number of Florida OL collecting huge amounts of money in the NFL.

The state was behind for years as....we had weight restrictions on youth florida. Since the restrictions have been lifted we have seen an uptick in OL/DL flowing through.....there are alot coming down the pike as well. Just offhead Alex Leatherwood will be a 1st rounder more than likely in the next NFL draft, Greg Roussea if he even has half the season he had last year..is a 1st rounder. Thats 2 guys from Florida.

Name me the BK, DL /OL Right now projected 1st rounders?. Its a myth that florida doesnt produce quality lineman.
I was mainly speaking on offensive linemen I should have been more specific. But I can’t name another offensive linemen right now I just don’t know what’s out there off the top of my head. But we are still experiencing some of the issues you alluded to as far as weight restrictions and the powers that be that just don’t give a **** about making football better where I’m from. Not to long ago we had the Under Armour all American MVP from NY Dominique Easily who went 1st or 2nd round to the patriots. Penn state is high on Adisia Issac who they think will be a pro. Matt Jones from Erasmus Hall Highschool who will probably start for the buckeyes is someone to look out for to play on Sunday’s.

We have recruited Texas.
We have recruited OOS.

In fairness, the corches recruiting those players have all been trash, too. Trash begets trash. Local trash, OOS trash, that part is gonna be the same when you have lame corches. Might get lucky with a local blue chip who has a Miami connection or really wants to stay home from time to time.

Advertisement
Spot on.

Damon Arnette was offered by Ohio State in the summer before his senior year. He had been playing WR at STA and recently switched. Even if we had offered him earlier, we were never beating out OSU. As a five year developmental player, I wonder if he would've had the proper structure at Miami to become a first rounder. Probably not but would've been a Day 2 pick worse case scenario with his tools.

We actually did evaluate Moss and Uche, both were Miami commits that decommited. Which goes back to your point you made about Jerry Jeudy. Our decommit list in the 2010s is loaded with talent. That doesn't even include players like Calvin Ridley and Tyrique Stevenson who we missed on. Our second place finishes, mostly from south Florida, showed heavy interest but we developed bad relationships and gained no traction on the field. We improve in those two areas and we'll have more draft picks. Evaluations have been bad, but so has our actual recruiting.
We didn’t miss on rique. His mom apparently got ridiculous money and wasn’t letting him go elsewhere. She bragged about what she got. Uga is most blatant wifh the bag game

Golden properly evaluated Moss and Uche but we didn’t pursue them heavily once Richt came aboard.

Ironically, there was a big discussion on the board at the time whether Richt should pursue those “South Florida three star” decommits. Most people were deferring to Richt and said that we should focus elsewhere.

Now Moss and Uche are pros, James Pierre is in Steelers camp, and James Wiggins is poised to get picked next year.

He's a starting NFL guard. LOL
Ignore his shaky NFL career. You wouldn't want Ereck Flowers on your COLLEGE football team?

😆 C'mon bro.

I was just gona say ErecK Flowers is only 26 years old right now....and STILL is an nfl starter. It didnt work out on his first team...but seems like he has turned it around with a position change. Since hes came in the league there has been multiple 5 star ol that have washed out already.. He just got a 30mil contract.

And he would have started at every college in america coming out of high school. **** we just got back a kid from his alma mater two days ago in Issiah Walker who were too excited about who's ceiling isnt/wasnt high as Flowers coming out.

Advertisement
Golden properly evaluated Moss and Uche but we didn’t pursue them heavily once Richt came aboard.

Ironically, there was a big discussion on the board at the time whether Richt should pursue those “South Florida three star” decommits. Most people were deferring to Richt and said that we should focus elsewhere.

Now Moss and Uche are pros, James Pierre is in Steelers camp, and James Wiggins is poised to get picked next year.

After i seen Moss run all through that American Heritage defense i knew he would be a force in college. Matter of fact all 3 guys that went to Utah tore up AH...and AH fans were questioning rumphs coaching then...considering they had blew out that same Hallandale team a few weeks earlier

Tyler Huntley, Moss, Simpkins.

Just looking at the 2019 NFL rosters

From the state of Florida.
Bold Played Ball in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County

5 star
CB Mackensie Alexander
S Haha Clinton-Dix
CB Patrick Peterson
WR Calvin Ridley
DL Chad Thomas

CB Kevin Toliver

4 stars
RB Giovanni Bernard
QB Teddy Bridgewater
WR Marquise Brown
CB Artie Burns
DE Brian Burns
S Deon Bush
LB Josh Bynes
S Jamal Carter

OL Mason Cole
WR Amari Cooper
WR Johnnie Dixon
OL Marcus Gilbert
LB Jermaine Grace
OL Bobby Hart
DL Joe Jackson
S Jaquan Johnson
ATH Isaiah McKenzie

WR Ray-Ray Mccloud
S Keanu Neal
WR Riley Ridley
RB Jordan Scarlett

WR Auden Tate
DL Olivier Vernon
WR Javon Wims

3 Star
CB Ricardo Allen
WR Robby Anderson
DL Geno Atkins

QB Kurt Benkert
S Tre Boston
CB Anthony Brown
OLB Devondre Campbell
DL Trevon Coley
DL Bryan Cox Jr
OL John Felciano

K Graham Gano
DL Marquis Haynes
QB Lamar Jackson
S Eddie Jackson

S Natrell Jamerson
OL Fred Johnson
RB Dearnest Johnson
S Karl Joseph
LB Vosean Joseph
G Justin McCray

LB Matt Milano
G John Miller
WR Chris Moore
K Michael Palardy
RB Artavis Pierce
K Eddie Pinero
ATH Brandon Powell
S Sheldrick Redwine

DL Dedrin Senat
RB Devin Singletary
LB Andre Smith
OL Brandon Walton
TE Mitchdll

2 star
FB Patrick DiMarco
LB Khalil Mack
P Pat O’Donnell
W

LB Danny Trevathan

NR
TE Hayden Hurst
WR John Brown

Edit: Going to bed will add some names tomorrow.

Javon Wims is from s.florida too...He played in the optomist program for Rumph at West Miramar.

I was mainly speaking on offensive linemen I should have been more specific. But I can’t name another offensive linemen right now I just don’t know what’s out there off the top of my head. But we are still experiencing some of the issues you alluded to as far as weight restrictions and the powers that be that just don’t give a **** about making football better where I’m from. Not to long ago we had the Under Armour all American MVP from NY Dominique Easily who went 1st or 2nd round to the patriots. Penn state is high on Adisia Issac who they think will be a pro. Matt Jones from Erasmus Hall Highschool who will probably start for the buckeyes is someone to look out for to play on Sunday’s.

I remember Easley.

I liked the group we signed from NYC last class.

I like the Brooklyn Kid were recruiting in this class. (Sebastian Sager)

I feel as if there is a legit recruit in Nyc we should have an Offer out EVERY CLASS. We have a chance at every nyc and really likely only have to go to war with PSU, Syracuse, and a few up north schools...we fit NY..North Jersey kids better than the SEC schools honestly.

I remember Easley.

I liked the group we signed from NYC last class.

I like the Brooklyn Kid were recruiting in this class. (Sebastian Sager)

I feel as if there is a legit recruit in Nyc we should have an Offer out EVERY CLASS. We have a chance at every nyc and really likely only have to go to war with PSU, Syracuse, and a few up north schools...we fit NY..North Jersey kids better than the SEC schools honestly.
I agree

Advertisement
Back