OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

If we can’t pick the right players in our backyard, how are we going to pick the right players halfway across the country?
That's what I don't understand about this whole OOS fascination. We can't even evaluate the good players in our own backyard.

The kids we've signed from OOS have been trash and brought more drama than our hometown kids.

Advertisement
This bolded is facts, and also why most people not from here get in there feelings and insecure about it. They play good ball in multiple places...but there is no lies in everyone is playing second fiddle to florida.

dont care avbout stadium size, attendance....nothing
the linemen in Florida are wayyy overrated. I respect the skill athletes but that’s as far as it goes.

This bolded is facts, and also why most people not from here get in there feelings and insecure about it. They play good ball in multiple places...but there is no lies in everyone is playing second fiddle to florida.

dont care avbout stadium size, attendance....nothing
That's what I don't understand about this whole OOS fascination. We can't even evaluate the good players in our own backyard.

The kids we've signed from OOS have been trash and brought more drama than our hometown kids.
[/QUOTE all I’m saying is if I wanna RB LB WR CB you damm right imah come down to Florida but if I want some linemen I’m going to PA, NJ, TX, GA, I mean do you see what PENNSTATE brings in as far as linemen it’s pure studs and I’m not hating or in my feelings but y’all just don’t got it upfront. No question y’all produce more pros.

Love the few getting vag hurt because some people don’t mind us poking around other states looking for talented football players

the linemen in Florida are wayyy overrated. I respect the skill athletes but that’s as far as it goes.
I don't think anyone was arguing that the lineman in FL are great. When Macho said "The State of Florida produces the most D1 football players and NFL football players in the country." he's not singling out one position or the other, it's in totality.

Everyone is referring to the fact that
A. We don't have good evaluators
B. We should always be set at skill positions given how much talent from down here succeeds elsewhere.
Everyone, including the staff, should know that we don't need to go out of state unless it's for QB, OL, DL.

I've always said that our best approach would be to operate like VT in the 2000's. Just hire great evaluators and developers. Those evaluators would already have majority of the players we missed over the years, and will continue missing unless something changes, in the bag.

Advertisement
The funny thing is...

OUR COACHES HAVE SIGNED PLENTY KIDS FROM OUTSIDE OF OUR REGION.

They HAVE done what you want them to do.

Those kids turned out to be JAGS.
@DMoney already made a whole post on this.

You could make an all-Texas Miami team that would be competitive with the all—Florida Miami team with the exception of QB, where Miami’s evaluated horrendously everywhere.

For every AJ Highsmith there are 5 Rob Knowles.

Advertisement

This is wrong. We've signed more kids outside of South Florida than inside South Florida over the past few years, and they've been worse by a large degree.

Here are the kids we've signed from Texas over our last four coaches (14 classes):

Chris Perry
Shawnbrey McNeal
Taylor Cook
AJ Highsmith
Kacy Rodgers
Chase Ford
Preston Dewey
Derrick Griffin
Brian Polendey
Bubba Baxa
Peyton Matocha
Corey Flagg

When we get this rolling, I hope we hit Texas like Butch and JJ did. Until then, we'll have the same problems there that we do here, but worse. Any argument otherwise is based on emotion, not data.

This is wrong. We've signed more kids outside of South Florida than inside South Florida over the past few years, and they've been worse by a large degree.

Here are the kids we've signed from Texas over our last four coaches (14 classes):

Chris Perry
Shawnbrey McNeal
Taylor Cook
AJ Highsmith
Kacy Rodgers
Chase Ford
Preston Dewey
Derrick Griffin
Brian Polendey
Bubba Baxa
Peyton Matocha
Corey Flagg

When we get this rolling, I hope we hit Texas like Butch and JJ did. Until then, we'll have the same problems there that we do here, but worse. Any argument otherwise is based on emotion, not data.

You left out Adrian Colbert, an NFL guy who actually repped the U hard unlike most of your SoFla boys, and D'Eriq King who's probably the best college football player on our roster.

When Butch and JJ were recruiting, Texas kids were disproportionately awesome for us. With ****** coaches almost all of our takes have been horrendous, including all the iffy Florida kids. We have taken a metric **** ton of ****** Florida kids. You're living in a fantasy world where just winning's going to stop all the SoFla kids from clowning on us. It's pretty obvious from the outside looking in that Miami is a total joke in South Florida high schools and it's going to take more than 1 or 2 seasons to change that. There are great players available in Texas who don't have this attitude. Guys like Adrian Colbert and D'Eriq King who could've easily gone elsewhere.

You left out Adrian Colbert, an NFL guy who actually repped the U hard unlike most of your SoFla boys, and D'Eriq King who's probably the best college football player on our roster.

There's a pretty obvious reason for that. This is a high school recruiting thread, and those guys weren't high school recruits. We are doing great with grad transfers from everywhere.

When Butch and JJ were recruiting, Texas kids were disproportionately awesome for us.

When Butch and JJ were recruiting, Miami had won titles within living memory of the kids we were recruiting. I'd love to land five-star studs like Jessie Armstead and Damione Lewis. It's not happening today.

With ****** coaches almost all of our takes have been horrendous, including all the iffy Florida kids.

No, almost all of our takes have not been horrendous. That's why we're still third in overall NFL players.

However, every single one of our takes from Texas has sucked. The list I posted says it all.

You're living in a fantasy world where just winning's going to stop all the SoFla kids from clowning on us.

We will never get all the local kids. Nobody does. But yes, we will get more elite players when we stop going 6-7.

It's pretty obvious from the outside looking in that Miami is a total joke in South Florida high schools and it's going to take more than 1 or 2 seasons to change that.

Miami is a joke everywhere. We just lost to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech. Simply because of our location, we still signed kids like Chaney, Knighton, Roberts, Rivers, Redding, Harrell, Avantae and Chantz.

You keep saying anecdotes that the brand is popular in Texas. Maybe. But I posted a list of the kids in Texas that actually picked us. They all sucked. That is the best evidence we have of our current ability to recruit Texas.

When we're good, I hope we recruit Texas. There are great players there and great Miami teams have Texas players. But it's not going to fix our current problems. The only way to fix those problems is to win with the Top 15 talent we already have.

Advertisement
You could make an all-Texas Miami team that would be competitive with the all—Florida Miami team with the exception of QB, where Miami’s evaluated horrendously everywhere.

I'm sure you could. Difference is, the Florida team would have backups.

Advertisement
There's a pretty obvious reason for that. This is a high school recruiting thread, and those guys weren't high school recruits. We are doing great with grad transfers from everywhere.

When Butch and JJ were recruiting, Miami had won titles within living memory of the kids we were recruiting. I'd love to land five-star studs like Jessie Armstead and Damione Lewis. It's not happening today.

No, almost all of our takes have not been horrendous. That's why we're still third in overall NFL players.

However, every single one of our takes from Texas has sucked. The list I posted says it all.

We will never get all the local kids. Nobody does. But yes, we will get more elite players when we stop going 6-7.

Miami is a joke everywhere. We just lost to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech. Simply because of our location, we still signed kids like Chaney, Knighton, Roberts, Rivers, Redding, Harrell, Avantae and Chantz.

You keep saying anecdotes that the brand is popular in Texas. Maybe. But I posted a list of the kids in Texas that actually picked us. They all sucked. That is the best evidence we have of our current ability to recruit Texas.

When we're good, I hope we recruit Texas. There are great players there and great Miami teams have Texas players. But it's not going to fix our current problems. The only way to fix those problems is to win with the Top 15 talent we already have.
Lol so because staffs have made bad eval... just like they have in state they should avoid recruiting Texas?

What a joke

A lot of y'all have a hatred for South Florida and it's odd as ****. LOL
You want a good example of how you and CUCKmoney are acting in relation to Texas recruiting?

It’s similar to the daily battle you had defending why we needed to continue to recruit Deerfield even though we had been left with out **** in our hands for years... you stood on the soapbox beating the drum saying there was no bias against UM and we could very well land Knighton (we did)

What’s the difference from the argument at the time to stay away from Deerfield because “they hated UM” to y’all saying to stay away from Texas because the staff sucks at evals and everyone we get sucks so yeah

Advertisement
Back