OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

OMG dude, nobody said recruiting talented kids won't fix our issue. šŸ™„ lol (I clearly said "recruiting Texas" won't fix our issue)

Y'ALL ARE ACTING LIKE RECRUITING OOS (i.e Texas) IS GONNA FIX OUR PROBLEMS.

We're telling you, IT'S NOT.
We're telling you, WE'VE PUT EFFORTS INTO RECRUITING OOS. (those kids haven't helped us at all)
We're telling you, WE ALWAYS NEED TO RECRUIT NATIONALLY, but if we can't properly evaluate the kids in our backyard we **** sure can't evaluate the ones OOS.

Like, I'm not understanding your argument bro. (You really don't have one)

Not one single pro-Florida person on here has disagreed with recruiting OOS.

Only thing @DMoney and I have said is that recruiting OOS is not the end-all to our woes like y'all are making it out to be. Our OOS evaluations/signees have been worse than our local ones.
OMG dude, nobody said recruiting talented kids won't fix our issue. šŸ™„ lol (I clearly said "recruiting Texas" won't fix our issue)

Y'ALL ARE ACTING LIKE RECRUITING OOS (i.e Texas) IS GONNA FIX OUR PROBLEMS.

We're telling you, IT'S NOT.
We're telling you, WE'VE PUT EFFORTS INTO RECRUITING OOS. (those kids haven't helped us at all)
We're telling you, WE ALWAYS NEED TO RECRUIT NATIONALLY, but if we can't properly evaluate the kids in our backyard we **** sure can't evaluate the ones OOS.

Like, I'm not understanding your argument bro. (You really don't have one)

Not one single pro-Florida person on here has disagreed with recruiting OOS.

Only thing @DMoney and I have said is that recruiting OOS is not the end-all to our woes like y'all are making it out to be. Our OOS evaluations/signees have been worse than our local ones.

Looking at last years team....

DJ and Brevin were by far our best offensive weapons.

Two OOS recruits....

Advertisement
A lot of y'all have a hatred for South Florida and it's odd as ****. LOL

They are jilted lovers. A couple local five-stars throw our hat on the ground and they get emotional.

Our hat isnā€™t even on the table with OOS five-stars, so the feeling is different. Itā€™s three-stars like Romello Height throwing our hat on the ground.

They are jilted lovers. A couple local five-stars throw our hat on the ground and they get emotional.

Our hat isnā€™t even on the table with OOS five-stars, so the feeling is different. Itā€™s three-stars like Romello Height throwing our hat on the ground.

Explain us losing a corner to UCF this past class

The LB who chose Minnesota over Miami

Yalls complete love affair with expecting these middle tier 3stars to be in love with Miami is hilarious.

Also I think itā€™s funny how yā€™all bring up nice little examples like Uche and Moss to hammer home 3stars producing if we kept them yet you conveniently avoid all the 3stars yā€™all hyped up that went and did nothing.

Advertisement
All with a one way ticket to bust city EXCEPT one.

Name the eight so-called busts.

By the way, here are the four star DBs weā€™ve signed from outside of South Florida since 2006:

Ryan Hill
CJ Holton
Vaughn Telemaque
Ray Ray Armstrong
Jamal Reid
Kacey Rodgers
Dallas Crawford
Corn Elder
Kiy Hester

Hopefully, Christian Williams breaks the mold.

Weā€™ve signed nine 4* DBs from South Florida in the last four classes.

That doesnā€™t answer my question how UCF can take a DB recruit we want.

Keep pumping up these 3stars as if these guys will be loyal and be the absolute soul reason we turn it around. Your gonna miss on kids nationally... your gonna miss on kids right here in state. As quick as you can say how can moss or Uche be allowed to leave remember the other big 2 in state let them walk out too.

Get off your high horse pretending like recruiting misses havenā€™t happened here since schnelly... you can make an all Miami dream team of kids that got misevaluated and went elsewhere

Weā€™ve been the placeholder for plenty of lower rated south Florida guys too.

Advertisement

By the way, here are the four star DBs weā€™ve signed from outside of South Florida since 2006:

Ryan Hill
CJ Holton
Vaughn Telemaque
Ray Ray Armstrong
Jamal Reid
Kacey Rodgers
Dallas Crawford
Corn Elder
Kiy Hester

Wanna know who werenā€™t busts though? Ed Reed, Tremain Mack, Ronnie Leppet, Fred Marion, Darrell Fullington, Bubba McDowell, Ryan McNeil, Carlos Jones, Phillip Buchanon, Alfonso Marshall, Kelly Jennings, Marcus Maxey, Brandon Meriweather, Rayshawn Jenkins, Adrian Colbert, and Mike Jackson. These are the majority of drafted guys since 1980...not from SFL. Hmmm but I thought DBU was SFL majority guys?

Not like tight hipped Al Blades

Not like slow DJ Ivey

Not like ā€œshouldā€™ve been a safetyā€ Trajan Bandy

not like ā€œI didnā€™t start in High Schoolā€ Nigel Bethel

Not like ā€œwhereā€™d he throw the ballā€ Jhavontae Dean

not like ā€œall I do well is hit peopleā€ Gurvan Hall

not like ā€œthey brought in a transfer to replace meā€ Amari Carter...

Sorry I forgot about Tecory and Iā€™m not gonna pass judgement but one question. How does it feel to know that the best 4 DBs weā€™ve had the last 6 years...werenā€™t from here.

Wanna know who werenā€™t busts though? Ed Reed, Tremain Mack, Ed Reed, Ronnie Leppet, Fred Marion, Darrell Fullington, Bubba McDowell, Ryan McNeil, Carlos Jones, Phillip Buchanon, Alfonso Marshall, Kelly Jennings, Marcus Maxey, Brandon Meriweather, Rayshawn Jenkins, Adrian Colbert, and Mike Jackson. These are the majority of drafted guys since 1980...not from SFL. Hmmm but I thought DBU was SFL majority guys?

In other words, you can't answer the question because you made up the number.

And bringing up examples from before you were born (the championship era) misses the obvious point. We don't have that kind of national brand anymore.

Ryan Hill
CJ Holton
Vaughn Telemaque
Ray Ray Armstrong
Jamal Reid
Kacey Rodgers
Dallas Crawford
Corn Elder
Kiy Hester

Corn is cashing checks in the NFL, and was not a bust by any means.

In other words, you can't answer the question because you made up the number.

And bringing up examples from before you were born (the championship era) misses the obvious point. We don't have that kind of national brand anymore.
But I thought South Florida was sacred? Why did we fill our squads with a bunch of guys that werenā€™t from South Florida if we had it all to ourselves and Hudl wasnā€™t around? Surely the SEC wasnā€™t down here recruiting after Howard schnellenburger exposes it. They didnā€™t have hudl back then...

Advertisement
That doesnā€™t answer my question how UCF can take a DB recruit we want.

The same reason OOS guys ditch us: we've been a bad program for 15 years. Luckily, our location allowed us to sign nine 4* DBs in four years.

For comparison, we've offered 90 DBs outside of South Florida over the same time period. Only nine even took officials. We landed four, and two of those were from Central Florida.

Advertisement
The same reason OOS guys ditch us: we've been a bad program for 15 years. Luckily, our location allowed us to sign nine 4* DBs in four years.

For comparison, we've offered 90 DBs outside of South Florida over the same time period. Only nine even took officials. We landed four, and two of those were from Central Florida.
Well maybe if we actually recruited them and didnā€™t hold poor kids to a personal visit policy to be recruited by us...

Thoughts on Christian Williams? Taleneted OOS kid we grabbed from Alabama (I get it he was dropped but we were able to gain a talented kid who was processed due to higher kids being taken ahead)

Hammering home with another DB we targeted a nice traits DB from Duncanville who was a lower rated 3star who ultimately ended up signing with Missouri due to relationships he had vested. Rakestraw was great late find that if we had been poking around that football factory school the coaches would have told them ā€œhey this kid isnā€™t getting the offers In state he deserves.. kid has the frame and athleticism for the corner you like Rumph hereā€™s the tapeā€

Let me also hammer home Iā€™m not saying we need to visit every single school in Texas. Hit up 5 or 6 football factories that kick out D1 talent littered roster every year... Duncanville, Katy, north shore, highland park, lake Travis, aledo.

Why miss out on similar situation with kids nationally because we choose to have our head in the sand wanting to pretend that the ā€œstate of Miamiā€ was a real recruiting strategy that schnelly, Jimmy, Erickson, and butch used

Looking at last years team....

DJ and Brevin were by far our best offensive weapons.

Two OOS recruits....

On a 7-6 team. That's great.

I think that's more a reflection of how little talent we have than anything else. I'd gladly trade those 2 MF'ers for the countless elite offensive kids from South Florida that are elsewhere in country right now. (well except maybe Brevin)

Besides, those are 2 blue chip kids. DJ and Brevin weren't some under-the-radar OOS kids.

"OuR 2 bEsT wEaPoNs WeRe OOS kIdS."

Yeah and so was our ****head under-achieving blue chip WR...and 2 of our bum QB's.

šŸ˜†
Flowers was a bum for awhile heā€™s just getting back on track. We use to kill flowers when he was on the giants. No cap doe yā€™all boys soft when yā€™all gotta play in cold weather.
You're right. South Florida kids are doing terrible in cold weather states.

The fvck?! LOL

Advertisement
Back