Only a matter of time (Bain & Cunningham)

Adding Bostwick would be a huge pick-up as well. Like the rest of you, I'm hoping for a couple spring game commitments.

Its been a while since I had this much optimism about our defensive recruiting. The B's on the line, Burns, Thomas are elite types. You know things are going well when kids like Sherit and Grace arent priorities (at least thats what it seems like). Of course that has a lot to do with class size but also the level of recruits we are in on.

Advertisement
holy ****. forgot what that WRs name was. cunningham from Ft Lauderdale is a STUD. love that kid.
haven't looked at this DT Bain yet but he has a very nice offer list on rivals fwiw

Yeah man Bain is widely considered a better prospect than Bryant and thats saying something. Those two are beasts.

If that is the case then it's anti-Cane bias at its best. Bain has a lot of upside but he's inexperienced and raw. Bryant has much better film and a better offer list. Pretty much every school in the country wants Bryant and is recruiting him hard.

Bain says he won't announce until February though.

I'm repping your post because I am glad I found someone who I agree with. I am a big fan of Bain but Bryant looks like a **** 5 star type to me. Everyone is recruiting him and he certainly looks the part. I was surprised to see how many think Bain is the better prospect.

Bryant jumps off the screen to me. just watched Bain. he looks like he is just playing off of sheer strength dominance. hardly has to try. he will probably have a big adjustment

Bryant is a mega stud and I've been saying since he committed that the $EC regulars will be all over him. he will be tough to hang on to.

I pray that we come out of this NCAA BS with minimal sanctions so we can continue this momentum. 2013 class looks like it will be elite

Bryant is a mega stud and I've been saying since he committed that the $EC regulars will be all over him. he will be tough to hang on to.

I pray that we come out of this NCAA BS with minimal sanctions so we can continue this momentum. 2013 class looks like it will be elite

For real, and the 2014 class has a really good chance of being elite as well. Minimal sanctions would help us out a lot.

Advertisement
Nothing surprising but it seems once Quincy Wilson gets that offer he's a Cane. Here's his tweet.

@D1andOnly_Q: Was at the U today wit the team seeing my future college practice...”

Nothing surprising but it seems once Quincy Wilson gets that offer he's a Cane. Here's his tweet.

@D1andOnly_Q: Was at the U today wit the team seeing my future college practice...”

Yup I mentioned the other day, him and Sony are going to be two 5 star kids who are going to be Canes. Wilson was the talk of some of those camps where the focus was on the soon-to-be seniors. Bill Green had a great article on Scout a while back about him.

I also get the worry about Bryant but I think he sticks.

Advertisement
By the time the season start we could have Huerman, Olsen, Bain, Cunningham to go along with the other guys...I think guys like Burns, Thomas, Alexander, and Carter will be all-star game and signing day pickups

Advertisement
Bryant is lightyears ahead of Bain at this point. Bain has great potential. Bryant has the ability to be a Fairley or Glenn dorsey type dt in college.

Bryant jumps off the screen to me. just watched Bain. he looks like he is just playing off of sheer strength dominance. hardly has to try. he will probably have a big adjustment

Nothing wrong with dominance that's what we need... yes he will have 2 get stronger for college ball but he will be aight.... y'all keep saying bain and bryant but I think bostwick is the best recruit here. We land bostwick bain and bryant and we are in good hands... by their 2nd or 3rd year in college we will be at championship status!

Advertisement
The killer B's at DT....Bryant, Bain and Bostwick. Sick DT class.

Depending on what defenses we run I could definitely see Bain and Bostwick playing DE or DT for us. Both look versatile. I would love to see Bostwick pull the trigger soon.

Our defense won't be elite until our DL starts dominating games. We need guys up front who can take over games and control the LOS. Bryant, Bain and Bostwick all have that potential.

Bain = Dontari Poe - unlimited potential but needs a redshirt year and then some. Technique, instincts and physique need shaping, but he's so inexperienced that he should improve quickly.
Bryant = Gerald McCoy - one of the top DTs in the nation right now but also physically underdeveloped. Once he hits the weight room hard and fills out his frame he'll be a force. Has disruptive quickness and strength to defend the run. HS production and film indicate natural football skills and awareness that go beyond pure athleticism.

Our defense won't be elite until our DL starts dominating games. We need guys up front who can take over games and control the LOS. Bryant, Bain and Bostwick all have that potential.
Bain, Bryant, and Bostwick...fffffaaaapppp. Killer B's.

Advertisement
Back