One reason our players make bad NFL decisions

Honestly we need to keep fvck boys like mehlki & drew away from the program. That would make a substantial difference. Mehlki in particular is the reason r.j. & kendrick didnt come back.
Is this Malki Kawa, the same guy who is Bones Jones agent? If so, he needs to be more worried about his MMA clients being perpetual ****-ups than whispering sweet nothings into the ears of underclassmen at The U.

Advertisement
We’ve got people already in this thread saying we have several guaranteed top 2 round players when as of right now, there’s maybe just one, and he’s a physical freak.

Idiocy.

I can only imagine how hard it is for some of these kids coming from nothing being the only ones in position to help their families make it and you have these agents selling you the dream. I bet its extremely hard to think with a level head the only thing you know is that your dream is at fingertips and someone hyping you and your family. I don’t blame them man but f people like Pete n Kaiwa guy that sell these kids the world when they know better. Get those guys all the way tf outta here 💯

I googled Malki Kawa and the first thing I see is:

And that was followed by numerous links about him feuding with other MMA fighters and making excuses for his fighters testing positive for PEDs.
The guy is a slimeball. He's prolly in the process of getting run out of MMA and is looking for a fallback swindle. Yeah, Richt and co need to label him "persona non grata" round the Gables.

And that was followed by numerous links about him feuding with other MMA fighters and making excuses for his fighters testing positive for PEDs.
The guy is a slimeball. He's prolly in the process of getting run out of MMA and is looking for a fallback swindle. Yeah, Richt and co need to label him "persona non grata" round the Gables.

Yeah, at the 3 minute mark

Advertisement
This is a myth.

It’s either incredibly misinformed or said intentionally for nefarious reasons. A college degree, in whatever major, gets your foot in the door for thousands of varied entry level jobs in sales, marketing, business, education, and other general business and educational occupations.

It is no guarantee of success, because you have to apply yourself and work your *** off after getting your foot in the door, but it at least practically guarantees you an interview. The rest is up to the candidate.

You are correct about one thing. As a rule, we don’t do a good enough job of letting kids know about the possibilities of learning well paying trades such as welding, plumbing and the like, but that does not negate the utility of a college degree in the business world.

Fools like you telling people not to get degrees are a real problem. You contribute to the dumbing down of generations of people.

I’m not blowing smoke here, I’ve spent a good part of my career hiring people, including NCAA athletes. That degree means something.

Just shut the fūck up with that nonsense.

Go on witch yo bad self, didn't know I was dealing wit such a bad ***.

As has been mentioned before, people always bake in the assumption that coming back for your senior year will significantly increase your draft status. There's absolutely no guarantee of that and there's always a chance you can get hurt and not get drafted at all.

The league minimum for a rookie next year is just under $500,000 a year. That might be chump change for all the Bentley drivers on this board, but that's a **** of a living for most everybody else. That's why, for the most part, I have no problem with any kid coming out and trying to earn some money.

We’ve got people already in this thread saying we have several guaranteed top 2 round players when as of right now, there’s maybe just one, and he’s a physical freak.

Idiocy.

If you're talking about underclassmen, we have two that could easily go in the top 2. Richard and J Jackson. Homer COULD work his way up there as well, we'll see if he exceeds last year's excellent season and how he tests.

We're going to have 4 NFL early defections next year: Richards, J Jackson, Homer, and at least one of the two LBs. They'll all be drafted by the 4th round.

Advertisement
As has been mentioned before, people always bake in the assumption that coming back for your senior year will significantly increase your draft status. There's absolutely no guarantee of that and there's always a chance you can get hurt and not get drafted at all.

The league minimum for a rookie next year is just under $500,000 a year. That might be chump change for all the Bentley drivers on this board, but that's a **** of a living for most everybody else. That's why, for the most part, I have no problem with any kid coming out and trying to earn some money.

Lotta assumptions on this post. LOTS. The only thing you're guaranteed by getting drafted is the signing bonus. That rookie contract only applies if you make the team. The odds are very much against you if you fall into the 5th or later rounds.

The amount of projected draft picks that return and get hurt is so minuscule and many more players improve their stock from junior to senior year than don't. Yes 500k is a **** of a lot of money, but being a 7th round pick, you're more likely to get cut and be a practice squad player than make a 53 man roster

The amount of projected draft picks that return and get hurt is so minuscule and many more players improve their stock from junior to senior year than don't. Yes 500k is a **** of a lot of money, but being a 7th round pick, you're more likely to get cut and be a practice squad player than make a 53 man roster

I'm not saying there's no risk, there certainly is. I'd make the argument if you get cut right off the bat you weren't that good to begin with and staying another year might not even matter.

Is this Malki Kawa, the same guy who is Bones Jones agent? If so, he needs to be more worried about his MMA clients being perpetual ****-ups than whispering sweet nothings into the ears of underclassmen at The U.
Yup. Same mehlki. Within the last couple years hes changed his format for who he represents. Ive known him for about 6 years
Hes nothing but a con artist.

Advertisement
I'm not saying there's no risk, there certainly is. I'd make the argument if you get cut right off the bat you weren't that good to begin with and staying another year might not even matter.

Wrong. NFL teams hardly practice anymore. Player development is a fading concept. Talent won't get you very far if you're not ready to contribute right away. An extra year of college football can make a world of difference for most players.

Compare Joe Yearby to Mike James, Tommy Streeter to Allen Hurns, Brandon Harris to Adrian Colbert, Brandon Washington to Jon Feliciano. Notice a trend?

If you're talking about underclassmen, we have two that could easily go in the top 2. Richard and J Jackson. Homer COULD work his way up there as well, we'll see if he exceeds last year's excellent season and how he tests.

We're going to have 4 NFL early defections next year: Richards, J Jackson, Homer, and at least one of the two LBs. They'll all be drafted by the 4th round.

We COULD have 4 early entrants. I think the one most justified right now is JJ. Physical freak and everybody knows it. AR if he has a really good year. Everybody else is a huge question mark, and as of right now, I don’t see any body else getting picked in the first three rounds, pending season performance.

Advertisement

Someone should photoshop Goodell's head over Rogan's and Kendrick Norton's over Mitrione's. Have Norton fire WaWa after Goodell announces him as a 7th rounder.

Though not mentioned a ton, many NFL front offices value guys that can:

1. Make the smart decision to stay in school when their draft projections aren’t very high.

2. Understand the value of the college education they are getting, and achieve a degree ... Or, said another way ... Finish what they start.

In what world are good judgement and perseverance seen as a negative for a job applicant???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back