On the Road again.... Dead period ends

Advertisement
TROB hit IMG today, too
1642213829605.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Stroud is still in an off-field position and staying in that role, as of now?
Technically right now he is on-field in one of the 10 countable assistants bc he is on the road recruiting. He did the same thing temporarily last year iirc. As far as I can tell from Twitter these are the people in the on field countable assistants who were out recruiting yesterday: Field, Mirabal, Stroud, Woodiel, DVD, TROB, Smith, Salave'a, Bmac - not sure who is in the 10th spot.

I don’t know where this is coming from. He’s not going anywhere to coach with anyone else. He’a not going to go to be with Will. He’s thrilled to be in South Florida. This is HOME. He’s hyped about the season, the CB’s coming in and putting out another first round CB in Stevenson next year. He’s here to stay and I’m comfortable putting that out there. 💯 Everyone is focused on getting better and beating Texas A&M. I promise this team won’t be recognizable come fall. This is TVD’s, Tyrique’s and Robert’s team now. Those are your team leaders. It’s on
Roberts? I get the first two - curious as to why you think a guy who hardly played and hasn’t been here long is that much of a difference maker / leader.

However, I understand he was criminally underutilized by the previous regime, and excited for his development.

Advertisement
I don’t know where this is coming from. He’s not going anywhere to coach with anyone else. He’a not going to go to be with Will. He’s thrilled to be in South Florida. This is HOME. He’s hyped about the season, the CB’s coming in and putting out another first round CB in Stevenson next year. He’s here to stay and I’m comfortable putting that out there. 💯 Everyone is focused on getting better and beating Texas A&M. I promise this team won’t be recognizable come fall. This is TVD’s, Tyrique’s and Robert’s team now. Those are your team leaders. It’s on

I love that TRob is all in. When Cribby mentioned how he and Mario didn't get along but then clarified it was over recruiting, I honestly expected they'd end up working well together. Great warriors admire their strongest enemies and know that if the chance is there, they'll win more victories battling together. Hopefully this is a long-lasting partnership.

You say the team is TVD's, Tyrique's and Robert's. Roberts who? Elijah? Can you clarify?

Advertisement
Sharif Denson goes to Bartram last I heard. May be the best DB in Jacksonville next class.

Thanks Jax. I appreciate the other responses to my question. But I wasn't questioning having Stroud continue to recruit. That makes sense to me, given that recruits seemed to like him. I was just wondering who the recruiting targets were. Haven't heard of that school before tbh.

Technically right now he is on-field in one of the 10 countable assistants bc he is on the road recruiting. He did the same thing temporarily last year iirc. As far as I can tell from Twitter these are the people in the on field countable assistants who were out recruiting yesterday: Field, Mirabal, Stroud, Woodiel, DVD, TROB, Smith, Salave'a, Bmac - not sure who is in the 10th spot.
Got it. And then he transitions to off-field once all the on-field coaches are hired.

obviously this is not accounting for what other schools will add,

but if we land Conerly, stewart, iuli, and citizen then we'll have a top 10 class on 247 total ranking and the 4th highest average @ 93.47 behind Alabama @ 95.19, A&M @ 94.61, and Ohio State @ 94.33

pretty incredible we're in this position considering where we were a few days before manny got canned.

Advertisement
Back