On Sitkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pure hate this kid is receiving from a bunch of "fans" who've never played or coached is unreal and pathetic.

If Richt wants him, then I want him. Richt has a better success rate with QBs than almost every other coach in this country. I'll go with Richt's eval over anyone else of this board.

It seems posters are just desperate to find anything to whine and complain about. Sitkowski is going to have a huge year at IMG, and it will just increase the misery of the haters and trolls around here

Advertisement
I feel like CIS as a whole is not sold on this guy.

Agree, and I'm one of them. This year will be huge on whether he changes minds or not in a different offense.

I think we all know he didn't play in a QB friendly O, but his INT's are still his INT's. I trust Godfather Richt tho, and if he's his guy, he'll be my guy.

No disrespect intended directly to you two, but who gives a **** if "CIS" readers dont like him? We are fans, Richt and his staff are professionals, and by all accounts, they are doing an incredible job. More specifically, to question Richt re his QB recruiting is incredibly stupid.

He is Richt's guy, for those questioning if Miami wants him or not.

Staff is not counting on a commitment this week, but it is a possibility.

dsnt.gif

There are a few coaches that I trust for QB development....

Art Briles (Jobless), David Cutcliffe (Duke), Jimbo Fisher (Florida State), Jim Harbaugh (Michigan), Bobby Petrino (Louisville) and Mark Richt.

If he's good enough for Mark, he's good enough for US.

Kirby Freeman 2.0, but we can afford to wait after last year's class, and it gets us into IMG.

If this was a need year at QB, I doubt he would be our guy. I can't imagine Richt is happy about his development since he first saw him.

If Richt isn't happy with his development, then he's not going after him

What the guy above you said. That's the hope and once you see a spark in someone young as he did, it's hard to let go of. If he doesn't improve this year, he'll get dropped quick. Last year's class was outstanding, so he can afford to take a flyer this year of you will.

Disagree with a few of your points

1. Why would you assume Richt isn't happy with his development when he's made him our top target at the qb position? Why would you assume that if qb was a need he wouldn't be our guy? Although there's always a chance spring offer ala brad kaaya will come about, most qb prospects are usually offered early and richt likes to lock up qbs early. Richt has made this kid a priority and I wouldn't see him changing his stance if qb was a need. The better assumption is that Richt is enamored with his physical potential and has largely ignored his jr on field production

2. If he commits, I can't imagine any scenario where he gets dropped. First, he's the starting quarterback of the school with the most power 5 talent year in and year out. Second, Richt clearly loves the kid. Lastly, qbs very rarely get dropped or decommit. If we dropped him after a bad senior season who would replace him as the qb of our class? Everyone would be committed by then

3. I agree we can take a flyer on this kid. High potential, low risk with Weldon and Perry in the fold IMO.

Let's look at the other uncommittted qbs we have offered;

1. Dorian Thompson-Robinson: not coming here

2. Casey Thompson: haven't heard much about his recruitment recently but seems to be trending Texas' way

3. Joe Milton: another project type. Sitowski had a bad year but so did Milton with a 47% completion rate. Would still be more than content if he ended up to be our qb but looks like he wants a uf offer bad and is related to coach seider

4. Justin Rodgers: not in contention for him as of now and offered last week. Can't see us closing the gap between Lsu and tcu.

5. James Graham: heard nothing about him but has a lot of major offers. Name to look out for as we head into the spring practice/summer (~90-95% of P5 qbs are committed by the end of summer)

6. Jarren Williams: current UK commit but got an offer post-commitment. Can't see him as a real possibility until he makes it on to campus

Until I see some 2018 offers go out in spring or 2018 qbs visit our campus this spring/summer, I'll ride with Sitowski or Milton. Reality is we only need to hit on one or two qbs every 3 recruiting classes at qb. I'll take my chances of batting .25 with weldon, Allison, Perry, and Sitowski

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
This kid has horendous stats no question.
But looking at his build and his arm talent, you can clearly see why he's worth the risk, especially since we wont need him to start the next few years anyway. Dude's got like prototypical size for a QB, looks like a skinny TE in his JR highlights, and he can run well enough.

Also the talent around him was almost certainly trash. In his jr yr highlights he might have had like one very open WR. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if most of his interceptions came off of drops by his Wrs

The pure hate this kid is receiving from a bunch of "fans" who've never played or coached is unreal and pathetic.

If Richt wants him, then I want him. Richt has a better success rate with QBs than almost every other coach in this country. I'll go with Richt's eval over anyone else of this board.

It seems posters are just desperate to find anything to whine and complain about. Sitkowski is going to have a huge year at IMG, and it will just increase the misery of the haters and trolls around here

Criticism of richt's recruiting is fine and encouraged. Makes discussion much better and always fun to check back and see who was right more than wrong. It's fine to trust coaches and also fine to criticize them

There can be a happy medium between deferment and criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Criticism of richt's recruiting is fine and encouraged. Makes discussion much better and always fun to check back and see who was right more than wrong. It's fine to trust coaches and also fine to criticize them

There can be a happy medium between deferment and criticism.

Kinda the point of the threads.

I definitely have questions after seeing his Junior numbers and particularly how they dropped from his Soph numbers.

Being at IMG this year will answer any questions on surrounding talent. We'll see what he has this year.

Advertisement
Everybody needs to ask with his numbers as a junior why is it that everybodyis hyped up about him ffrom experts to coaches? That's huge upside that they see and Richt may see Stafford in him and if he does you take this kid and trust Richt will mold hhim

I think everyone needs to remember that this is why you take a QB every cycle. You keep stacking guys and create competition. Sitkowski getting a scholarship here is just that a scholarship. It's not a guarantee to start here. The kid seems like he has a good ceiling but has has trouble with picks. You bring him in and let him compete and if he earns a starting spot great and if not oh well. The question here is if Sitkowski should be the guy this cycle. I'm lukewarm at this point but if Richt loves him then great.

I think everyone needs to remember that this is why you take a QB every cycle. You keep stacking guys and create competition. Sitkowski getting a scholarship here is just that a scholarship. It's not a guarantee to start here. The kid seems like he has a good ceiling but has has trouble with picks. You bring him in and let him compete and if he earns a starting spot great and if not oh well. The question here is if Sitkowski should be the guy this cycle. I'm lukewarm at this point but if Richt loves him then great.

This is a good, reasonable take.

Sitkowski has a lot to prove, but he also has a lot of potential and clearly Richt sees that in him. Outside of Trevor Lawrence and maybe Justin Fields there are question marks with every other QB in the 2018 class.

Another list were sitkowski was named as one of the top overall guys that performed

The Scout100 passer, who says a handful of programs are on his trail most, held most of the attention at the quarterback position throughout the day before Fields stole the show late. On the hoof, it's tough to list any prospect before Sitkowski, who looks like a college junior right now at nearly 6-foot-5, well north of 200 pounds. He has a strong lower body and it showed early on as he threw well on the run and with great power. In the pocket, a fairly quick delivery combined with samples of touch down the field make him among the best wherever he shows up. Sitkowski also displayed leadership skill throughout Sunday's event.

Scout breaks down its top 10 offensive performers from The Opening Orlando over the weekend - Football Recruiting - Scout

Also seen this tweet he does have an impressive build

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]833765065916571648[/TWEET]
He does have an impressive build and all the things you look for in a qb without the stats. With the move to img I think he will perform well

Not uncommon that young QBs with serious arms throw some picks. They believe they can make every throw. This kid is a 5 Star QB in my book.

Advertisement
Another list were sitkowski was named as one of the top overall guys that performed

The Scout100 passer, who says a handful of programs are on his trail most, held most of the attention at the quarterback position throughout the day before Fields stole the show late. On the hoof, it's tough to list any prospect before Sitkowski, who looks like a college junior right now at nearly 6-foot-5, well north of 200 pounds. He has a strong lower body and it showed early on as he threw well on the run and with great power. In the pocket, a fairly quick delivery combined with samples of touch down the field make him among the best wherever he shows up. Sitkowski also displayed leadership skill throughout Sunday's event.

Scout breaks down its top 10 offensive performers from The Opening Orlando over the weekend - Football Recruiting - Scout

Him performing at camps in shorts and a t-shirt isn't the issue. We know he looks good throwing against air. The question is how does he look once the proverbial bullets start flying.

Him performing at camps in shorts and a t-shirt isn't the issue. We know he looks good throwing against air. The question is how does he look once the proverbial bullets start flying.
We will find out when he plays in a real offense around real d1 talent and not a bunch of Scrubs or wing t offense.

[TWEET]833765065916571648[/TWEET]
He does have an impressive build and all the things you look for in a qb without the stats. With the move to img I think he will perform well

got them hillary clinton crankles

There are a few coaches that I trust for QB development....

Art Briles (Jobless), David Cutcliffe (Duke), Jimbo Fisher (Florida State), Jim Harbaugh (Michigan), Bobby Petrino (Louisville) and Mark Richt.

If he's good enough for Mark, he's good enough for US.

How many of those other coaches are pursuing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back