On Sitkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adds something extra that Sitowski is Richt's guy...considering we are going after a lot of elite level IMG guys. Waiting for his senior tape, but if Sitowski can get the guys from IMG on board then I'm all in.

Advertisement
Richt didn't pass on Watson. He made Watson his primary target at QB in 2014. Richt's issue was the he got on Watson after Clemson. Watson committed to Clemson early and never wavered on that commitment. So, Richt missed badly because I've seen Watson's high school passing numbers and they are gaudy for four years. Richt swung, and he swung hard. He just swung late and missed.

as long as Richt doesn't pass on a Watson or Newton again, I'm fine.

Richt didn't pass on Watson. He made Watson his primary target at QB in 2014. Richt's issue was the he got on Watson after Clemson. Watson committed to Clemson early and never wavered on that commitment. So, Richt missed badly because I've seen Watson's high school passing numbers and they are gaudy for four years. Richt swung, and he swung hard. He just swung late and missed.

I think he's implying that if Sitowski becomes Richt's guy that we won't go after Milton or the kid from Bishop Gorman who a lot of people here prefer over Sitowski. Regardless, he still has his upcoming senior tape to calm the unrest.

I'd love to have him and glad he's Richts guy. He must dominate camp circuits with his rating. The offense he played in last year does no favors for a QB. I'm not sure of the offense IMG plays in but if it's anywhere close to a pro-style or spread and gives him the chance to just sling it, I think he'll put up the big #s everyone wants to see. He's definitely got some arm talent but it's hard to see much on a highlight film in a wing T system. He's a raw prospect but he won't be starting as a freshman anyway. Plus if it gives us any chance with the other IMG kids(Cain, Neal, Vincent, Hightower, etc.), it's worth it.

Advertisement
We don't have a very favorable depth chart though it's obviously untested. I like the idea of going after IMG guys especially if we want receivers from there

Well I'm the leader of the I'm not sold on Sitkowski movement on CIS. I said in another post, this season should show us what kind of QB he is. I would not take him based upon his current numbers. I just wanted to indicate that Richt did recruit Watson, but - and perhaps this is telling - he waited to late to turn up the heat.

I think he's implying that if Sitowski becomes Richt's guy that we won't go after Milton or the kid from Bishop Gorman who a lot of people here prefer over Sitowski. Regardless, he still has his upcoming senior tape to calm the unrest.

How big of a player is LSU (now that they've hired Canada)

I think Rutgers would be more a player than than people realize because the home appeal and he probably can walk in and be the starter

Think the question was for Peter.

He's not going to Rutgers. Please stop with these posts.

Have you read their board ? No... they are confident and playing at home appeals to him too

Advertisement
All I need to know is whether this can throw the ball, read defenses and move in the pocket....if he can't do any one of these competently, then hopefully we pursue another fish.

I think one of the bigger issues is we're only taking 1 QB this cycle, which means we simply cannot afford to miss.

Sit has every physical tool to be a good QB, that Junior season can't be overlooked or swept under the rug though.

I personally, prefer Casey Thompson, Adrian Martinez & Justin Rogers over Sitkowski, but Richt certainly knows better than me, so I trust his evals.

If he wants Sitkow, then fine I won't have a problem with it.

The article says early PT is important to him. It also has him interested in UCLA. I would think, in light of what will be a wide open position there next year, UCLA would be attractive. Of course that assumes the staff is stable.

Advertisement

I think Rutgers would be more a player than than people realize because the home appeal and he probably can walk in and be the starter

Why would anyone who had talent choose that **** hole? You kidding of course Brock, right?
I agree which is why when the Rutgers reporter put that crystal ball in weeks ago I was like what? I think we get him

Can all threads about the player in question please refer to the dilemma as "The Sitsuation."

Advertisement

Why would anyone who had talent choose that **** hole? You kidding of course Brock, right?
I agree which is why when the Rutgers reporter put that crystal ball in weeks ago I was like what? I think we get him

The kid is spending next winter in Florida, no way does he go back to New Jersey to enjoy the winter, plus New Brunswick NJ is not Miami Florida. Shocked if this kid is as good as he thinks and he chooses Rutgers. come on Brock, you gotta know better then that.

Think the question was for Peter.

He's not going to Rutgers. Please stop with these posts.

Have you read their board ? No... they are confident and playing at home appeals to him too

Will you bet your existence on CIS that he goes to Rutgers? I'd love to take you up on that bet. I'm guessing other members might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back