On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
I’m contemplating it for sure.

I am one of his biggest supporters on this board, but man…the more film I watch on him the less confident I am that he’ll be able to maximize his physical gifts. He comes out and makes the same mistakes mechanically over and over and over.
Judd or Art? Lol

QB can be such a crap shoot.

He has great size, good athleticism, and a nice arm.

How does he handle coverages and pressure at a high level? Hard to know that cognitive ability, processing, moxy and leadership until they get on campus. Dude is like 16 so anyone writing him off is way too premature.

Jordan Travis couldn't throw a forward pass until his 3rd year in college.

Kenny Pickett was a JAG his first 3-4 years in college.

I’m contemplating it for sure.

I am one of his biggest supporters on this board, but man…the more film I watch on him the less confident I am that he’ll be able to maximize his physical gifts. He comes out and makes the same mistakes mechanically over and over and over.
Gotta take another QB. He can’t be the only one. Just too raw.

Advertisement
Jury is still out, but we are beyond Sitkowski comparisons.

Sitkowski had 2 TDs and 4 INTs as a senior and got benched. Judd has had two spectacular comeback wins in the last three weeks with a ton of big plays.

A good QB coach should be able to fix the mechanics. Judd has shown an understanding of where to go, good to great arm strength, good ball placement on long throws, good running, good pocket awareness. Is he an elite ready to start day one recruit? no. Is he someone our coaches can work with? Yes

I’ve seen far worse

QB can be such a crap shoot.

He has great size, good athleticism, and a nice arm.

How does he handle coverages and pressure at a high level? Hard to know that cognitive ability, processing, moxy and leadership until they get on campus. Dude is like 16 so anyone writing him off is way too premature.

Jordan Travis couldn't throw a forward pass until his 3rd year in college.

Kenny Pickett was a JAG his first 3-4 years in college.

You forget he beat Miami as a TFr and completed like 70% of his passes.

This kid could make some haters eat their words. He had multiple long runs, 3 long drives with many good throws, and he had one long throw of around 50-60 yards dropped into his WRs hands. I believe the comp was pretty good, too.
He’s got all the skills…. and the moxie! Just got to value the football and not take too many chances with it. If he can learn to make better decisions, kid can be pretty **** good.

Advertisement
I should know enough by now not to question Mario's staff on evals. But I keep doing it anyway because that's what fans do. That said, I'm super happy that Judd has had a couple of good games. From what I gather (I know very little about Georgia HS football), this was his first good game vs a quality opponent. That's something to build on finally. In Dawson I Trust.

p.s., just land a top portal QB this offseason for the love of God.

He’s got all the skills…. and the moxie! Just got to value the football and not take too many chances with it. If he can learn to make better decisions, kid can be pretty **** good.
I thought he made good decisions for the 30 minutes I watched last night. Only one I questioned was the long pass into double coverage but he put it where only his WR could catch it. He has only played in the spread for a year so I’d expect his mental mistakes to become less as he plays more in the system.

this.

there's a lot to interesting stuff to break down in his film.

Advertisement
I should know enough by now not to question Mario's staff on evals. But I keep doing it anyway because that's what fans do. That said, I'm super happy that Judd has had a couple of good games. From what I gather (I know very little about Georgia HS football), this was his first good game vs a quality opponent. That's something to build on finally. In Dawson I Trust.

p.s., just land a top portal QB this offseason for the love of God.

I don’t know anything about GA football, but the kids in that game were big along the lines. Much better coached teams than what I see in South Florida, too. I would say the quality of opponent was pretty good.

Advertisement
Jury is still out, but we are beyond Sitkowski comparisons.

Sitkowski had 2 TDs and 4 INTs as a senior and got benched. Judd has had two spectacular comeback wins in the last three weeks with a ton of big plays.
Respect your opinion D, but can’t help but think we can upgrade at QB if we win 9+ and our offense keeps rolling imo

Advertisement
Back