On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Think we should take more chances with florida qbs in general, more n more are starting in college and getting into the league. Just take a flyer on the right ones and u never know
Yeah Florida QBs aren’t the issue. **** somewhere D$ spidey senses just stood up

Call me crazy but I like taking “projects” that maybe missing some physical traits but they produce at high levels against good comp. Been plenty of those that we’ve passed on

Yeah Florida QBs aren’t the issue. **** somewhere D$ spidey senses just stood up

Call me crazy but I like taking “projects” that maybe missing some physical traits but they produce at high levels against good comp. Been plenty of those that we’ve passed on
I remember hearing alot of "he isn't UM caliber" over more NFL players than we would like to admit as Miami fans the last 15 years...

Miami just needs to develop the guys they have been getting and these conversations won't sting as much down the road...

0% chance we drop this kid lol. Coaches love Judd and he's been recruiting his a$$ off for us since he committed. With the portal, not worried about QB room at all. They'll figure it out.

Zig, I respectfully think you're wrong here. Name me one commit who would leave if we dropped Anderson.

I think the kid deserves a few more games as a senior before rushing to a decision. We definitely don't need a Sitkowski in the class. I expect our coaches know that.

Advertisement
I remember hearing alot of "he isn't UM caliber" over more NFL players than we would like to admit as Miami fans the last 15 years...

Miami just needs to develop the guys they have been getting and these conversations won't sting as much down the road...
I won’t do it but I’ve got several receipts from some very opinionated people on this board that said Teddy Bridgewaters only future was at WR

per our conversation @cribby👆👆👆

I'm not going to cap... I am more than okay with some of the 3 star evals this staff has taken.

I believe Plazz/Pruitt/Thomas/Shavers and Hellcat/ Broussard all can easily move up into 4 star territory once the season commences. That is nust an awesome job by the staff evaluating talent early and locking them in before they explode.

But with Judd I don't see it. His ceiliing Is a 3 star mid power 5 QB and would probably be best served to play in a G5 conference. That's keeping it 💯

I get so annoyed with fans who lump all the 3 star together. It's laziness verging on trolling. Agree with you that Anderson is someone I would be looking at pushing out without dramatic improvements during football season. If he continues to struggle with judgment, mechanics and consistency, I think there are other 3 stars out there (especially the local ones) who merit more consideration.

Here's the full scrimmage for those wanting a further look at Judd:

- 14:19 is the INT on Judd's first pass, an underthrown deep ball, that was reversed on a BS PI call as @JayCane20 mentioned in his detailed breakdown.
- Strip sacked when trying to escape to his left at 15:15.
- The dual-threat backup QB came in on the very next series starting at the 20:00 mark.
- 23:08 is a WR screen from Judd to OU WR commit Zion Ragins that Ragins takes up the sideline for a first down. Ragins clearly showed he belonged in this game, especially with his KR TD on the opening kickoff.
- 27:58 is a beautiful TD pass from Judd's dual-threat backup.
- Judd comes back in the game on the next series. 32:38 shows Judd under heavy pressure and he makes an ill-advised throw that floats in the air forever. Luckily it hits the turf and isn't picked off.
- Judd makes his best throw so far at the 33:00 mark on a 10-yard comeback route, but then airmails a WR screen to Ragins on the very next throw.
- 33:18 looks like Judd's dropped pick-six that JayCane was referring to in his post. Would've been a walk-in TD for #24 on Buford.
- Nice throw on the money by Judd at 34:00.
- 39:44 is an attempted screen pass by Judd. No bueno.
- Judd rolls out to his right at 48:58, indecisively waits too long, and puts the short throw in a dangerous spot amidst heavy traffic.

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

The pass to the back of the end zone was 43:45 - looks like it bounced off the kids facemask. Made another decent throw earlier in that same drive it looks like at 43:30.

TD pass in the back corner was 44:20 - good ball placement.

Tools could be there. Frame is there. Lots of development ahead of him though.

Advertisement
The NFL and NCAA football have always fascinated me with drafting and/or recruiting kids based on potential. It’s like their egos just desperately need to feel vindicated by finding the diamond in the rough.

If a kid doesn’t produce in college it stands to reason he’s not gonna in the pros. If he doesn’t dominate high school it stands to reason he won’t dominate college.

No idea where this kid ultimately ends up because there’s always exceptions but we will see. Emory was far more impressive at this point to me than this kid but…alas…

Emory, TVD (who was a three star at this point IIRC), Stephen Morris. All those guys were better at this point. Even Preston Dewey and Jack Allison. ... This one seems a real stretch to me. Like the athletic traits, not sure he's a QB at a playoff level program. But I also have no problem seeing what he can do during the season before making a hard decision.

Recap:

Judd isn't good enough and we need another QB. He's years out at best. Questionable take.

Okay, we get it.

Meanwhile we have another Georgia QB who some give a pass to and is no better throwing the ball.

Never stop CIS, never stop.

For the record, I'd like a top guy myself, but with the portal I'm less concerned than I ever have been since I started following college football. We'll see how his season goes, but this thread is a broken record at this point.

The NFL and NCAA football have always fascinated me with drafting and/or recruiting kids based on potential. It’s like their egos just desperately need to feel vindicated by finding the diamond in the rough.

If a kid doesn’t produce in college it stands to reason he’s not gonna in the pros. If he doesn’t dominate high school it stands to reason he won’t dominate college.

No idea where this kid ultimately ends up because there’s always exceptions but we will see. Emory was far more impressive at this point to me than this kid but…alas…
I feel like the plan was for Anderson to always be the 2nd qb in the class but we whiffed on our big targets. Portal is a must.

Emory, TVD (who was a three star at this point IIRC), Stephen Morris. All those guys were better at this point. Even Preston Dewey and Jack Allison. ... This one seems a real stretch to me. Like the athletic traits, not sure he's a QB at a playoff level program. But I also have no problem seeing what he can do during the season before making a hard decision.
Yeah I’ve got no real issues taking Judd tbh. It’s when you add him to the rest of the mix it’s starting to put too much pressure on him to be ready early

And yes I realize we are hitting the portal but…QB portaling is gonna be a bloodbath and I’m not sure that’s the safest strategy either

But we will see how it plays out

Advertisement
Recap:

Judd isn't good enough and we need another QB. He's years out at best. Questionable take.

Okay, we get it.

Meanwhile we have another Georgia QB who some give a pass to and is no better throwing the ball.

Never stop CIS, never stop.

For the record, I'd like a top guy myself, but with the portal I'm less concerned than I ever have been since I started following college football. We'll see how his season goes, but this thread is a broken record at this point.

For me it's the context. We've already take a project in JB who is an athletic freak that will almost certainly be able to transition roles if things don't work out at QB. It feels counterproductive to fill up the most important position group with additional projects that are more limited both physically and cross-positionally? ... But again, I think it's premature to be cementing any judgment just yet.

You get the once in a blue moon Josh Allen who wasn't recruited out of high school and had a very non-descript college career before becoming a pro bowler in the NFL. Coaches fall in love with tools and they see a big kid with a big arm and they always think they can fix him. It rarely happens though. Especially since Anderson isn't really a dual threat type who can make up for weak accuracy with incredible running ability.

Advertisement
We lost the lefty to taint and now we’re just dead in the water? Seems so unlike this staff to put the eggs in one basket

Advertisement
Back