On Judd Anderson

View as article
Think he needs a lot of work, but the potential is definitely there. Man was painting the sidelines from left/right hash. This is the type of QB NC State or Pitt take and proceeds to throw for 364 yards and 3 tds against us.

We will see if he can be developed. He isn't my first choice and definitely won't help with recruiting momentum. I'd still look for a QB1/Portal guy.

Advertisement
When two teams of that caliber play twice in the same year it’s not often the same team wins twice. Everyone think Alabama was going to win if the WRs were healthy. They weren’t. The WRs were healthy for almost half the game and there were no TDs by Bama. UGA’s defense was not giving up TD’s. I wanted Alabama to win that game because I’m numb to them and didn’t want UGA to rise but I could tell from the jump Bama was going to have trouble getting the ball in the end zone even with those two stud WRs. Defense still wins championships in college football. 2019 is the year all bets were off. LSU, Clemson, and Bama were lighting it up with some awesome QBs.
Ummm....one guy didn't play a single snap and the other went down early in the second quarter when it was 9-3 Alabama. How are you going to take two 1,000 yard receivers out of the equation and say that it's the same thing?

He didnt throw the picks in a wing T. They transistioned from the wing T is So year, then threw the picks in the new offense. If u watch his film u would see its not a wing T. But like most u went to 247, yup trash.
He also wasn't at same school so they didn't transition. Spinning to hard don't let facts get in the way.

The most important position in sports is NFL QB. The most important position in college football is DL.

It’s irrefutable. And if anyone wants to try and challenge it, posts the three worst DLs to win a title in this millennium and look at the names.
Without a doubt

I can’t wait to see what WR recruits he brings in with his 16TDs, 13INTs and immobility in a ******* Wing-T offense.

I played in that offense in high school back in the 90s and even our QB didn’t throw more than 5 INTs and he was a D2 QB. It’s a running offense.

******* sad if this will be the only QB. Please stop comparing this dude to Emory. He’s not ******* Emory in terms of Athleticism, stats, projection.
15 TD*

Advertisement
Ummm....one guy didn't play a single snap and the other went down early in the second quarter when it was 9-3 Alabama. How are you going to take two 1,000 yard receivers out of the equation and say that it's the same thing?
Helps with narrative to skew facts.

Advertisement
The most important position in sports is NFL QB. The most important position in college football is DL.

It’s irrefutable. And if anyone wants to try and challenge it, posts the three worst DLs to win a title in this millennium and look at the names.
Do you have a list? just curious..

Even if you have a dominant OL you need skill position players. Giving up on them ain’t the answer IMO.
I think they need to focus in that area on who’s reasonably attainable right now. Take a flier on a pure speed guy or 2 with upside for certain. Get a solid route runner or 2 and a stellar slot guy. That’s what I would do in the interim.

So what?

Did the teams they transfer from have bad QB play?

Well, you called going after an overall top 100 HS QB a "great investment." I just gave you some evidence that way, way more often than not, that investment (time, money, bandwidth, a scholarship spot, NIL) doesn't yield a return.

Advertisement
No his junior year he transferred to an offense that ran a spread offense and proceeded to stink up the place. You missed that little big detail supey.
EXACTLY kabron. He did throw the picks in a spread offense. Which if u watch his JR film u would see its not a wing thus confirming my point, that he didnt watch his film whichever school he was Kway. I was not defending his picks or pumping him up. New day, different trying to start back and forth over a technicality that didnt do anything but confirmed my point

Well, you called going after an overall top 100 HS QB a "great investment." I just gave you some evidence that way, way more often than not, that investment (time, money, bandwidth, a scholarship spot, NIL) doesn't yield a return.
It seems to me that QB is a hard one to project out of high school and a high NIL risk for years until they play, if they play and perform.

My concern here really goes to the upside QB2 level guy they took in Judd. @apfenny3 made the point pretty quickly that there were a number of high upside type guys they could have gone with who had better film I believe he said - or something to that effect.

Emory Williams is someone who comes to mind as someone who fits that bill. The class isn’t over so we’ll see but Dawson must really see something to tab this guy off the bat.

Definitely shouldn't try when you put it like that. 🙄

Advertisement
Too me it's OL by a mile. The last time we were really good we had an ELITE OL.

There are a lot more diamonds in the rough or underrated OL though. DL is a lot easier to evaluate, so you have more elite programs all going after the same kids relentlessly. Elite DL are harder to land.

It seems to me that QB is a hard one to project out of high school and a high NIL risk for years until they play, if they play and perform.

My concern here really goes to the upside QB2 level guy they took in Judd. @apfenny3 made the point pretty quickly that there were a number of high upside type guys they could have gone with who had better film I believe he said - or something to that effect.

Emory Williams is someone who comes to mind as someone who fits that bill. The class isn’t over so we’ll see but Dawson must really see something to tab this guy off the bat.
It is that why the top teams grab one every year. Would love to see the year a real program said **** it these 3* are just as promising.

Advertisement
Back