On Judd Anderson

View as article
200.gif

It's his fundamentals.
No it’s not. The reason he will never be accurate is the same reason guys like Aroldis Chapman and Josh Hader have to be closers instead of starters. He‘s too long to ever be able to have a consistent arm slot and release point.

Advertisement
I’ve mostly given up on offensive skills recruiting for the interim. Just build from the trenches out. There’s more than one way to build a team. It’s not pretty but really, what choices do we have at this moment? At least Mario can recruit that at a high level. Kill other teams in the trenches and then add the remaining skills pieces.
And if the OL is elite you should be able to run the ball really well which can hide some deficiencies at qb. Either way believe this kid is the 2nd qb in the class whether the other guy is a higher rated recruit or portal addition.

Georgia just went back-to-back with a walk on. Before that, it was three-star Mac. Before that, it was Joe Burrow out of the Portal.

Clemson is one team that landed true difference-making, elite QB recruits in Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. But beyond them, the best QBs in the world are either non-Top 100 players, transfers, or both.

Spend on DL. That is the position that has always been the difference between the haves and have nots.

“Clemson is the one team”

Just stop.

Advertisement
UGA, Bama, and that LSU team had immensely more talent than our team has ever had as of late. If this is the blueprint they want to follow, WR, OL, and DL recruiting needs to be elite and so far we’re 1/3 on those.

While Bama won with Mac, he was the 2nd QB taken in that class with Tua, and they still ended up signing the: #5, #1, #13, #3, #8/#13 ranked QBs in their respective classes with the current #2 ranked QB in this class.

At the end of the day it is all dependent on if Dawson can scheme an offense that puts up numbers that skill players will want to play in regardless whoever is at QB.

Yep.

What you can do at QB with enough elite talent everywhere is irrelevant to our situation.

And those 3* QBs had to win the job against big time players. Whereas our QB competition is heading the way of 3* guy vs 3* guy.

In the end, the hit rate for QBs ranked in Top 100 is high. For QBs ranked in the top 50? It’s insanely high.

For 3* QBs it’s insanely low.

For QBs Mario recruited, I would have had a better chance of my plane crashing on the way to Italy today.

Yep.

What you can do at QB with enough elite talent everywhere is irrelevant to our situation.

And those 3* QBs had to win the job against big time players. Whereas our QB competition is heading the way of 3* guy vs 3* guy.

In the end, the hit rate for QBs ranked in Top 100 is high. For QBs ranked in the top 50? It’s insanely high.

For 3* QBs it’s insanely low.

For QBs Mario recruited, I would have had a better chance of my plane crashing on the way to Italy today.
More importantly what's the hit rate on elite 11 QB.

But pulling down 14 boards a night isn't something to sneeze at from an athletic standpoint
Wait, he pulled down 14 boards on a team that made a deep playoff run to the state semis?

And averaged 16 boards the year prior? This is no anomaly and if you're doing this in the playoffs, its not against the little sisters of the poor either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
CB breakdown. Note the Sneaky athletic on the ground comment

Link to my breakdown of his Sebastian Lane interview in the other Judd Anderson thread. Even if he blows up, I'm not concerned about him flipping to an $EC or B10 school. I'd only be concerns about maybe USC or schools located in big cities. Here's why:

He wants to go to school in a large city. Called out GTech and Miami as top options for large city schools.

which caused me to say
I'm feeling a lot better now that I heard he wants to attend school in a large city to maximize his sports marketing major options post-graduation. I was concerned he prefer to stay in a small town atmosphere.

Advertisement

Just stop.
Clemson had almost no nfl talent compared to Bama and the rest of the playoff teams.

They barely beat fedora at unc for the acc championship.

Watson had to go banana for them to reach the playoffs. Check his box score passing and rushing.
DC38EDC0-5741-4C77-B20D-05BEBAF71206.png

Watson carried that team for 2 years basically solo.
That 4th quarter against Bama was special.

Clemson was not recruiting anywhere near that level.

Since then there hasn’t been a qb that has carried a less talented team to 2 playoff appearances and a natty.

The team that Lawrence was on was loaded with nfl talent compared to the team Watson was on.

If you look at our last class. Kinsler, Bobby Washington, Frankie and others. Miami gets on them early, teams show up late, they stick. Once these players start playing alot of yall gonna shut up. We have a NFL GM helping with players scouting. Im not trying to blow Judd. Am just saying im giving them a chance with these lower rated players. Its not like they are doing Al Golden and ignoring higher rated players either. Yall see how crazy NFL teams are going over Richardson from UF. They feel once they coach him up, they cant coach his athleticism and his arm talent. Sounds like how we looking at Judd knowing we have the portal.

Advertisement
Because he‘s only played football for 3 years. Giant difference from a guy who’s played it his whole life.

Just lol on not being able to see it with Moga but with Judd. That’s why Moga blew up to 26 + offers.
Where was it said Judd played his whole life? Only thing I saw was him playing in a wing t his sophomore year and I don’t even count that as playing QB

Just stop.
Bama won titles with John Parker Wilson and Jacob Coker, as well as a three star Mac Jones. Georgia just went back-to-back with a no star. Ohio State’s last two titles were with three-star Cardale Jones and Craig Krenzel.

Clemson is the one team where signing elite QB recruits pushed them into the title. And even then, they had blue chip, first round DL.

The difference between haves and have nots in recruiting is defensive linemen. That’s where we need to allocate the lion’s share of the money.

Clemson had almost no nfl talent compared to Bama and the rest of the playoff teams.

They barely beat fedora at unc for the acc championship.

Watson had to go banana for them to reach the playoffs. Check his box score passing and rushing.
View attachment 235016

Watson carried that team for 2 years basically solo.
That 4th quarter against Bama was special.

Clemson was not recruiting anywhere near that level.

Since then there hasn’t been a qb that has carried a less talented team to 2 playoff appearances and a natty.

The team that Lawrence was on was loaded with nfl talent compared to the team Watson was on.

My brotha from anotha; in all due respect, that 2017 Clemson team was loaded. Lol. You’re forgetting Clemson also had 1st round pick Mike Williams on that team, future NFL Pro-Bowl WR Hunter Renfrow, & a defense that flooded the NFL.

Clemson has been a consistent 11-15th ranked recruiting class. In fact, since Dabo has been HC since the 2009 recruiting cycle (15 cycles), out of those 15 cycles Clemson’s classes has finished top 10 only 5x, only two which were in the top 5.

I know that’s hard to fathom with all the success they’ve been having since 2011, but it’s true. It’s why I consider him a **** good coach b/c compared to how O$U, UGA, & Bama recruit, he’s done much more w/ a less caliber roster. Dabo’s success has pretty much been predicated on the QB position & a strong defense. It started w/ Tahj Boyd, then continued on through Lawrence. DJ was a big disappointment, but still managed to win 10+ games w/ him. If Cade lives up to the hype, Clemson will still be a major thorn.

Advertisement
Back