On Judd Anderson

View as article
All b/s aside, it's not a bad take. If he does progress his senior year (looking at the tape, the tools ARE there) and other schools come calling as he moves up in the rankings, then his loyalty to Miami should shine through and he sticks.

If he regresses or doesn't show the improvement that Miami staff likes, they can just push him out and keep it moving.

He's NOT starting next year no matter what so you stash him, build him up, and at worse you have a back up QB who may end up being the starter down the line or he just gets over recruited in 2025 for a real QB1.

Advertisement
All b/s aside, it's not a bad take. If he does progress his senior year (looking at the tape, the tools ARE there) and other schools come calling as he moves up in the rankings, then his loyalty to Miami should shine through and he sticks.

If he regresses or doesn't show the improvement that Miami staff likes, they can just push him out and keep it moving.

He's NOT starting next year no matter what so you stash him, build him up, and at worse you have a back up QB who may end up being the starter down the line or he just gets over recruited in 2025 for a real QB1.
mad homer simpson GIF

He's NOT starting next year no matter what so you stash him, build him up, and at worse you have a back up QB who may end up being the starter down the line or he just gets over recruited in 2025 for a real QB1
Ok great but that's what people said last cycle. So after van dyke leaves we have jacurri rosier, Emory, and Emory Jr.

Beautiful job, Mario!

Yea I'd much rather have an elite 11 finalist than a QB with winning record and favorable statistics. Once the shorts come on is when it really matters.
Elite 11 is about potential which is essentially what the coaches are saying about him. If you can’t figure out that’s what I’m talking about your brain is too slow to keep up with this conversation.

Elite 11 is about potential which is essentially what the coaches are saying about him. If you can’t figure out that’s what I’m talking about your brain is too slow to keep up with this conversation.
If the shorts competition is what you or our coaches are using to validate a football player, then you all are too next level for me.

Advertisement
Ok great but that's what people said last cycle. So after van dyke leaves we have jacurri rosier, Emory, and Emory Jr.

Beautiful job, Mario!
Jacurri is not Rosier. He gonna have teams scheming to stop hos running ability. I believe in him, and i believe in shannon's ability to coach him up for the next 16 months

Beautiful job, Mario!

That's a way of looking at too and that's understandable but think about the portal too and how appealing the starting job at UM next year will be if you guys go portal shopping for a QB after this upcoming year.

If Jacurri hasn't stamped himself as the starter for 2024, you just pony up in the portal for whoever loses the QB job at Texas, Bama, or USC lol

People complaining about completion % must hate JB then.
Yea. I don’t believe in Jacurri either. I didn’t see a guy that will ever be able to throw with accuracy. He’s way too long. He should’ve been a TE.

Advertisement
Why is everyone just conceding that JB, Emory, or Judd are not gonna be good?

I remember tvd looking horrible against Bama and people saying he wasn’t the dude.
Came back and killed it.

Now people are saying that JB sucks after last year despite tvd looking horrible too.

Dudes laying down the gauntlet and saying Emory will never play a snap.
The Fck?!

Nobody was gonna look good throwing the ball on the team we had last year.

Predicting what qb is gonna turn into is the biggest crap shoot in football.

The greatest qb that ever lived was almost undrafted.
A hall of famer was bagging groceries after being cut from an nfl team cause he was the 4th string dude.

The nfl has strong track record of first round qb busts. As does cfb with 5 star qb’s.

But cis knows who’s gonna ball.

People fall in love with stars, hype, and get caught up in beating other programs for prospects. There's a short-term (portal) and a long-term (recruiting) option to improve the QB room.

Judd is a high upside talent, and there's a long way until signing day to add another arm to the class.

I have no idea why most of the people in this thread aren’t working for the nfl.
They’re qb scouting ability must be clairvoyant in nature as to completely write dudes off who haven’t played at all or developed enough to make a real evaluation.

Kudos fellas! I’ll write an email to Roger so he can alert the front offices to this thread.

Beautiful job, Mario!
yeah bro im sure those will be the only QBs on the roster by that point.

absolutely zero chance new names pop up or we hit the portal hard.

it is literally april my dude

Advertisement
If you have been saying this, you should stop.

Look at QBs that rank in the Top 100 overall players and their hit rate. It’s a great investment.

And who are the game changers in this year’s transfer class you would want starting against Alabama or UGA?
Georgia just went back-to-back with a walk on. Before that, it was three-star Mac. Before that, it was Joe Burrow out of the Portal.

Clemson is one team that landed true difference-making, elite QB recruits in Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. But beyond them, the best QBs in the world are either non-Top 100 players, transfers, or both.

Spend on DL. That is the position that has always been the difference between the haves and have nots.

Georgia just went back-to-back with a walk on. Before that, it was three-star Mac. Before that, it was Joe Burrow out of the Portal.

Clemson is one team that landed true difference-making, elite QB recruits in Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. But beyond them, the best QBs in the world are either non-Top 100 players, transfers, or both.

Spend on DL. That is the position that has always been the difference between the haves and have nots.
Trevor Lawrence plus day one picks all over their dline.

Simple effective formula.
Problem is who can say for a fact that a high school qb will translate regardless of tape and ranking.
A lot people thought Ryan Leaf should’ve been the number one pick.

You can’t predict how someone will adapt to the next level.

Advertisement

you make to much sense for this board. we are only 7 months away from signing day so it's crunch time right? dumbasses on here

If the shorts competition is what you or our coaches are using to validate a football player, then you all are too next level for me.
Dude he was given a scholarship based off of potential since he’s only been a QB in a spread offense for one year. Elite 11 simply tells you if the kid has the tools to make it but having the tools and putting it together are two different things. At this point just seeing him do well there would justify the staffs belief in his potential

I’ve mostly given up on offensive skills recruiting for the interim. Just build from the trenches out. There’s more than one way to build a team. It’s not pretty but really, what choices do we have at this moment? At least Mario can recruit that at a high level. Kill other teams in the trenches and then add the remaining skills pieces.

UGA, Bama, and that LSU team had immensely more talent than our team has ever had as of late. If this is the blueprint they want to follow, WR, OL, and DL recruiting needs to be elite and so far we’re 1/3 on those.

While Bama won with Mac, he was the 2nd QB taken in that class with Tua, and they still ended up signing the: #5, #1, #13, #3, #8/#13 ranked QBs in their respective classes with the current #2 ranked QB in this class.

At the end of the day it is all dependent on if Dawson can scheme an offense that puts up numbers that skill players will want to play in regardless whoever is at QB.

Advertisement
Back