Omar Graham Jr., Stranahan LB '22

Advertisement
So we actively recruiting this kid now?

dance dancing GIF

Advertisement
Early 2000s the privates other than STA were seen as scrubs almost. Heritage was a nobody, Chaminade was one of the worst programs in the county until they started grabbing kids from my school, Gibbons was seen as solid.

Dillard, Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Deerfield were all doing really well. Magnet schools like Stranhan were even producing div 1 kids.

I seen that this kid has 10 offers already and like a 4.0 gpa
Never knew that as I don't know the HS football seen in those early days. Hard to imagine AH STA as scrubs. That's crazy

Never knew that as I don't know the HS football seen in those early days. Hard to imagine AH STA as scrubs. That's crazy

STA wasn’t but AH was definitely not what they are today. They recruited but not to the likes they do now.

Advertisement
STA was never "scrubs" but before their recruiting really cranked up public schools used to give them all they could handle.
Shoot, we almost beat them my Freshman year at Nova.

Heritage and Chaminade were caca.

STA was never "scrubs" but before their recruiting really cranked up public schools used to give them all they could handle.
Shoot, we almost beat them my Freshman year at Nova.

Heritage and Chaminade were caca.
my sophmore year we had sta on the roaps...at sta.Lost by a last min fg. Coach George Smith was spooked.

Since then the closest public school has been Miramar to not have a fear and beat them or hang close with them.

How did that change the right coaches or the school started pumping money into football? Or both
- A slight mix of both
AH football coach was also the AD. He didnt recruit much or get transfers like that....after he left or resigned..they began to recruit a bit. But they got lucky as he resigned around the time Chaminade was going through a flux with coaching staff. So alot of the chaminade kids headed there, then U school (Chad wilson) another private school had a flux and a bunch of private school kids were looking for a place. Most couldnt start at STA..so AH was an option.
Then they began focusing on sports. Got some coaches with connections to the youth leagues and voila. Rumph got his group of kids there after as well...but it started b4 that with their admin allowing much more transfers than they normally did.

The minute these private school admins get tight on allowing transfers most of those schools go back to middling or garbage. It happened to Chaminade recently and they then opened back up ..got an extreme recruiting staff and became a power house right back.

These privates have gotten smart and got the jump on public schools..where they can get an 8th grade youth star BEFORE he is in the 9th grade and elgible for high school ball and have him playing varsity already. AH did it with Sony Michel, U SCHOOL had Brandon Innis starting as an 8th grader as well. Had they not the home public schools for both kids were likely Mcarthur/Hallandale for Sony Michel and Mcarthur for Innis.

Advertisement
my sophmore year we had sta on the roaps...at sta.Lost by a last min fg. Coach George Smith was spooked.

Since then the closest public school has been Miramar to not have a fear and beat them or hang close with them.
Miramar was their kryptonite.

Advertisement
- A slight mix of both
AH football coach was also the AD. He didnt recruit much or get transfers like that....after he left or resigned..they began to recruit a bit. But they got lucky as he resigned around the time Chaminade was going through a flux with coaching staff. So alot of the chaminade kids headed there, then U school (Chad wilson) another private school had a flux and a bunch of private school kids were looking for a place. Most couldnt start at STA..so AH was an option.
Then they began focusing on sports. Got some coaches with connections to the youth leagues and voila. Rumph got his group of kids there after as well...but it started b4 that with their admin allowing much more transfers than they normally did.

The minute these private school admins get tight on allowing transfers most of those schools go back to middling or garbage. It happened to Chaminade recently and they then opened back up ..got an extreme recruiting staff and became a power house right back.

These privates have gotten smart and got the jump on public schools..where they can get an 8th grade youth star BEFORE he is in the 9th grade and elgible for high school ball and have him playing varsity already. AH did it with Sony Michel, U SCHOOL had Brandon Innis starting as an 8th grader as well. Had they not the home public schools for both kids were likely Mcarthur/Hallandale for Sony Michel and Mcarthur for Innis.
So that's the only time Rumph landed his targets? Lol I like the history pretty cool ****....it's almost like cfb recruiting. Sfla nuts with HS football man

So the success starts from up top?

Advertisement
Back