Omar Graham Jr., Stranahan LB '22

Advertisement
Very interesting player at a need spot. Just got offered by Penn State and more will be on the way:

Nice film. Also love to see D1 level kids at the Fort Lauderdale area public schools have success. Jacolby George at Plantation. This kid at Stranahan. The Kelly kid at Dillard.

Not everybody can go to St. Thomas, Heritage or Gibbons and not everybody has to. Good stuff.

He got offered by a bunch of other teams already as well.

Stranahan has a few guys. I know the coach they have Hykeem Williams, also have a freshman rb that will be a big time recruit down the line T Mizell.
Mizell at Stranahan and Hankerson at STA. Those are some classic Fort Lauderdale last names right there.

Advertisement
Nice film. Also love to see D1 level kids at the Fort Lauderdale area public schools have success. Jacolby George at Plantation. This kid at Stranahan. The Kelly kid at Dillard.

Not everybody can go to St. Thomas, Heritage or Gibbons and not everybody has to. Good stuff.
Early 2000s the privates other than STA were seen as scrubs almost. Heritage was a nobody, Chaminade was one of the worst programs in the county until they started grabbing kids from my school, Gibbons was seen as solid.

Dillard, Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Deerfield were all doing really well. Magnet schools like Stranhan were even producing div 1 kids.

I seen that this kid has 10 offers already and like a 4.0 gpa

Early 2000s the privates other than STA were seen as scrubs almost. Heritage was a nobody, Chaminade was one of the worst programs in the county until they started grabbing kids from my school, Gibbons was seen as solid.

Dillard, Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Deerfield were all doing really well. Magnet schools like Stranhan were even producing div 1 kids.

Remember when Kevin Beard and Ryan Schnieder were at Plantation? Or the Ely teams with Tyrone Moss and Bain and Wimbs? Brent Schaefer at Deerfield. The "Soul Bowls" between Ely and Dillard used to be stacked with talent like a Heritage and Chaminade game is today.

Byron Walker and Guandolo going to Heritage and Chaminade respectively changed all that along with St. Thomas ramping it up another notch.

But I'm glad to see the public schools are still getting some good prospects.

Fort Lauderdale is as loaded with talent as it has ever been. Love to see it.

Advertisement

STA has sucked up all of dillards talent the last 15-20 years going back to guys like Richard Goodman, Leonard hankerson etc
Felt like any time Dillard had a legit kid he got poached
The days of seeing Oliver Bozeman and Tyrone moss in the soul bowl are long gone as those type of players are now playing at STA, Heritage or Gibbons.
As a fan it sucks but seeing how those teams are winning titles and sending kids all over the country for college I can never fault kids for jumping over

STA has sucked up all of dillards talent the last 15-20 years going back to guys like Richard Goodman, Leonard hankerson etc
Felt like any time Dillard had a legit kid he got poached
The days of seeing Oliver Bozeman and Tyrone moss in the soul bowl are long gone as those type of players are now playing at STA, Heritage or Gibbons.
As a fan it sucks but seeing how those teams are winning titles and sending kids all over the country for college I can never fault kids for jumping over
Yup like you stated.
It was actually shocking Jon Ford stayed at Dillard as they were trying to get him as well.

Dillard coach the year prior built a lil something but he suddenly passed away before the season. Hopefully the next coach can keep it going. Played against them last season and they were starting to look like the old dillard. They had multiple div 1 players on the field.

Ely not sure whats going with them...alot tof their kids are likely going to Deerfield ill guess.

Advertisement
Yup like you stated.
It was actually shocking Jon Ford stayed at Dillard as they were trying to get him as well.

Dillard coach the year prior built a lil something but he suddenly passed away before the season. Hopefully the next coach can keep it going. Played against them last season and they were starting to look like the old dillard. They had multiple div 1 players on the field.

Ely not sure whats going with them...alot tof their kids are likely going to Deerfield ill guess.

Deerfield has been having no issue loading up, even taking kids from heritage/STA/Gibbons. They have the fact that you can graduate early working in their favors. Id imagine the talented kids who would have been going to Ely back in the day are finding their way over to DB

Advertisement
Yup like you stated.

The guy there now (Tate) is loading up. Started as soon as he took the job. His name carries weight in that area. Parents are educators and very highly respected for their work with the kids over the years. Dillard is also 6-12 so he got a few young kids on the field this year which will attract more of the big time kids coming up.

Remember when Kevin Beard and Ryan Schnieder were at Plantation? Or the Ely teams with Tyrone Moss and Bain and Wimbs? Brent Schaefer at Deerfield. The "Soul Bowls" between Ely and Dillard used to be stacked with talent like a Heritage and Chaminade game is today.

Byron Walker and Guandolo going to Heritage and Chaminade respectively changed all that along with St. Thomas ramping it up another notch.

But I'm glad to see the public schools are still getting some good prospects.

Fort Lauderdale is as loaded with talent as it has ever been. Love to see it.

Walker put Heritage on the map, but when he replaced Archbishop's fired coach, Heritage really got rolling. Archbishop players such as Marshall Morgan, Juwan Dowels (only for one year), Nathan Kirchmier, Michael Deeb, Justin Sibole, Bryant Gross, and Carter Jacobs all transferred shortly after and transformed that roster. Added all those solid dudes to the young standouts in Mckenzie, McFadden, Gibson and Sony.

Archbishop is now a school that is used as a recruiting ground for the bigger private schools

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid looks good and has ideal size and weight. They better stay on him because the preferred LB's are no guarantee. Plus Baker and Patke aren't exactly coaches that develop LB.

Thankfully, and to our detriment, we haven't had an on field assistant last 5 years since Art Kehoe and Michael Barrow. Guys underperform or take new jobs because we don't win enough for them to stay here for a decade. I envision at most two more seasons of Baker/Patke, but not 3+. If Manny wins 20+ games in the next 2 years my vision does not mean jack sh*t tho....big if....I will assume that won't happen till it does

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitched up killer at the line and off of it. Reminds me of TY but has evidence he can play as prototypical LB.

Quick on quick....we need that!

Good find, D$!

Advertisement
Back