Omar Graham Jr., Stranahan LB '22

Early 2000s the privates other than STA were seen as scrubs almost. Heritage was a nobody, Chaminade was one of the worst programs in the county until they started grabbing kids from my school, Gibbons was seen as solid.

Dillard, Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Deerfield were all doing really well. Magnet schools like Stranhan were even producing div 1 kids.

I seen that this kid has 10 offers already and like a 4.0 gpa

Looks like the whole ivy league offered him two weeks ago

Kid is real twitchy when he plants and pursues. Hope we offer soon

Advertisement
The guy there now (Tate) is loading up. Started as soon as he took the job. His name carries weight in that area. Parents are educators and very highly respected for their work with the kids over the years. Dillard is also 6-12 so he got a few young kids on the field this year which will attract more of the big time kids coming up.

This is a HUGE advantage for Dillard!
Huge.

Walker put Heritage on the map, but when he replaced Archbishop's fired coach, Heritage really got rolling. Archbishop players such as Marshall Morgan, Juwan Dowels (only for one year), Nathan Kirchmier, Michael Deeb, Justin Sibole, Bryant Gross, and Carter Jacobs all transferred shortly after and transformed that roster. Added all those solid dudes to the young standouts in Mckenzie, McFadden, Gibson and Sony.

Archbishop is now a school that is used as a recruiting ground for the bigger private schools
Walker didnt "recruit" so Heritage was just the espensive school out west tht would have 2-3 div 1 caliber players every 4 years.

The minute he left the coaching spot...the recruitment began. They got the start with the chaminade madonna players that were going thru a flux at the time.Heritage was a "solid" program with Walker..when they opened up to recruiting kids because they are known as an academic school it began to explode. I think they had Dellenbach then and got a bunch of chaminade kids. Then they benefitted from the u school flux as well with chad wilson. Thats why i lol'd when they acted like Rumph created the power house. It was humming along with the other smaller privates going through flux (chaminade, archbishop, uschool) and the western part of broward being wide open with no power house schools so they get kids that are supposed to be in public schools (Western,Cooper City,Flanagan,) add to Plantation being down and voila.

Heritage has been winning with kids from - WEST PARK/HOLLYWOOD (SONY MICHEL) all the way to Opa Locka (Isaiah MckenziE, James Williams from Opa locka but he moved to Broward).

I was actually shocked on how much kids were Archbishop kids previously. Legit div 1 kids too. They are a feeder program now lol

Walker didnt "recruit" so Heritage was just the espensive school out west tht would have 2-3 div 1 caliber players every 4 years.

The minute he left the coaching spot...the recruitment began. They got the start with the chaminade madonna players that were going thru a flux at the time.Heritage was a "solid" program with Walker..when they opened up to recruiting kids because they are known as an academic school it began to explode. I think they had Dellenbach then and got a bunch of chaminade kids. Then they benefitted from the u school flux as well with chad wilson. Thats why i lol'd when they acted like Rumph created the power house. It was humming along with the other smaller privates going through flux (chaminade, archbishop, uschool) and the western part of broward being wide open with no power house schools so they get kids that are supposed to be in public schools (Western,Cooper City,Flanagan,) add to Plantation being down and voila.

Heritage has been winning with kids from - WEST PARK/HOLLYWOOD (SONY MICHEL) all the way to Opa Locka (Isaiah MckenziE, James Williams from Opa locka but he moved to Broward).

I was actually shocked on how much kids were Archbishop kids previously. Legit div 1 kids too. They are a feeder program now lol

yeah walker was a big underachiever. They had a few kids like Edgecomb and Claude Labissiere etc but nothing like they are now. They had talent but never won anything. Once they got Sony in and kids like Torrance Gibson they really took off.

They and STA really benefited from the end of U-schools first run under Harriott.

Advertisement
yeah walker was a big underachiever. They had a few kids like Edgecomb and Claude Labissiere etc but nothing like they are now. They had talent but never won anything. Once they got Sony in and kids like Torrance Gibson they really took off.

They and STA really benefited from the end of U-schools first run under Harriott.
Exactly Divory was my homie in high school i knew exactly how it went. Multiple family members played at Heirtage throughout the years up until recently. When i was in high school..chaminade was essentially our JV. They got their big start with winning with jv and back up younger kids that werent starting yet for us. Turned out good for them with my boy Beason, Cook, and others.

Exactly Divory was my homie in high school i knew exactly how it went. Multiple family members played at Heirtage throughout the years up until recently. When i was in high school..chaminade was essentially our JV. They got their big start with winning with jv and back up younger kids that werent starting yet for us. Turned out good for them with my boy Beason, Cook, and others.
That Beason squad was a year or 2 before my SR year. I can recall getting the game film of that Chaminade team vs Pine Crest and boy.....it was painful to watch.

they got humbled vs Bolles though

That Beason squad was a year or 2 before my SR year. I can recall getting the game film of that Chaminade team vs Pine Crest and boy.....it was painful to watch.

No they didn’t. They beat that same team 48-47 in like week 1 at mcarthur. Faced them again in the state title game and lost 6-0 lol. One of the more bizarre score differentials in a rematch you’ll find.

Divory was the homie. Knew him through Stevie Williams who played at Chaminade. Good dude.

Advertisement

They went away from what got them to states against Bolles. They were tryna run the ball on the outside with Beason and run (talented but) small Jerry Seymour up the middle. They got cute in the title game like the Seattle Seahawks did and got the same result the Seahawks did. They had the talent to win it all that year tho.

They went away from what got them to states against Bolles. They were tryna run the ball on the outside with Beason and run (talented but) small Jerry Seymour up the middle. They got cute in the title game like the Seattle Seahawks did and got the same result the Seahawks did. They had the talent to win it all that year tho.

seymour was at pace that year, Broomfield was their horse that year and was a beast

No they didn’t. They beat that same team 48-47 in like week 1 at mcarthur. Faced them again in the state title game and lost 6-0 lol. One of the more bizarre score differentials in a rematch you’ll find.

that team steamrolled through their sofla schedule and then got shut out in the state title game by a bunch of surfer dudes

corky sure could coach

seymour was at pace that year, Broomfield was their horse that year and was a beast
You right, my mistake. But same thing. Running Broom up the middle and Beason outside was mind-boggling. And they had mismatches in the passing game they didn't exploit. That was a wasted opportunity.

Advertisement
You right, my mistake. But same thing. Running Broom up the middle and Beason outside was mind-boggling. And they had mismatches in the passing game they didn't exploit. That was a wasted opportunity.

yeah they were a lot like the early saban teams at Bama. Suffocating defense and heavy run offense

that team steamrolled through their sofla schedule and then got shut out in the state title game by a bunch of surfer dudes

corky sure could coach
Most Chaminade folks that have been around would tell you that was their best squad ever. They had some legit crazy people on that team along with a few nfl players. Add in guys like broomfield and they were tough to beat.

Advertisement
Most Chaminade folks that have been around would tell you that was their best squad ever. They had some legit crazy people on that team along with a few nfl players. Add in guys like broomfield and they were tough to beat.
That was my sophomore year at Chaminade. I'd put that Chaminade team that lost to Bolles in the title game above the two title teams that won states a few years later. Watching that stacked Chaminade team lose to that Bolles team and that stacked Miami team lose to that Ohio State team in that same time span were the worst.

**** near all the guys mentioned should of been at Mca with me. lol.

We were good still bnut that may have took us over the top had they stayed or came. Would of gave Ely and Tyrone Moss ****. We choked against Krop looking ahead

Advertisement
Back