Oline

jsy

Recruit
So do you guys think our oline is just that bad at run blocking
We basically might as well just take a knee
Anyways do you guys think they are really that bad or just coached poorly in a bad scheme
Lashlee passing was on point but his running game was laughable
I bring up this question bc
I’m not gonna lie
Before 17 and manny and kul got there I used to think our defensive line was straight garbage and then manny comes in changes the scheme and Kul coaches them up and it’s night and day different
So u guys think the oline could change like that our are they just hopeless run blocking ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it will get better with time now that we have better coaches and a better S&C program. Some of it was us getting bullied because we’re weak and u pair that with poor habits technique wise and it looks worse than it really is.

Week 3 will show where we’re at and then we have to improve from there

step aside butch pulp fiction GIF by The Good Films

Anyways do you guys think they are really that bad or just coached poorly in a bad scheme
I’m not gonna lie
Before 17 and manny and kul got there I used to think our defensive line was straight garbage and then manny comes in changes the scheme and Kul coaches them up and it’s night and day different
So u guys think the oline could change like that our are they just hopeless run blocking ?

As much as Lashlee got TVD in the 2nd half of the year playing great I was completely disappointed in his approach and playcalling with the running game

Mirabal, Mario and Gattis will get us to be above average. If we don’t avg 225+ a game rushing I’ll be shocked

Last edited:
I’m not gonna lie

Kids were continuously put in positions to fail by adults. Forcing them to defeat multiple opponents on many if not most run & pass plays.

Also playbook was easy to defend, & easy to key on tendencies + gameplan against.

YES our trench play & run scheme should look like Miami Football again very soon.

Pass game should be efficient and often deadly in space now. Gatis has a chance to feast.

Advertisement
LT:. Nelson
LG: Rivers
C:. Clark
RG:. Sagopulu or Oluwaseun
RT: Scaife or Campbell

This group will be capable after being coached up by Cristobal and Mirabal. If we get hit by the injury bug, we will be in trouble.
Clark can play guard right? I thought Sagopulu’s natural position was center?

Advertisement
LT- Nelson-solid blind side pass blocker getting better every year
LG-Sagopulo-very strong run blocker
C-Clark- just needed to get stronger but very smart
RG-Cooper- freshman but very strong and athletic and great footwork for his size
RT-Rivers-best o-lineman from last year at guard but size and great footwork makes him a tackle this year

Advertisement
LT - Nelson (no worries here whatsoever)
LG - Rivers (injury is the only worry)
C - Clark (no clue worries here whatsoever)
RG - Scaife (some worries but expecting development)
RT - tremendous worries (could see Conerly starting here honestly if he chooses UM or Campbell if he doesn’t transfer after spring)

Unit has the chance to be solid unit but any injuries and we are ****ed

A portal starting RT would be a godsend. Hopefully we can pull Steen. That would let the coaches play Campbell and Scaife at OT and/or OG (wherever coaches think they fit best).

LT: Zion
LG: Rivers
C: Clark
RG: Sagopolu, Campbell OR Scaife
RT: Portal; Campbell OR Scaife

Not elite but should be serviceable. Oluwaseun also has some positional flexibility and is serviceable.

Advertisement
Back