Oline

Advertisement
A portal starting RT would be a godsend. Hopefully we can pull Steen. That would let the coaches play Campbell and Scaife at OT and/or OG (wherever coaches think they fit best).

LT: Zion
LG: Rivers
C: Clark
RG: Sagopolu, Campbell OR Scaife
RT: Portal; Campbell OR Scaife

Not elite but should be serviceable. Oluwaseun also has some positional flexibility and is serviceable.
Yeah..Miami Flo' s nugget ystdy. was that the staff has a RT target in the portal. A 'monster', and said he thought we were the favorites to land him; staff pushing for a decision by or around spring ball. No name given, no idea who it may be (fwiw).

Clark is not good enough. Same reason we complained about Gaynor. Great kids just not athletically gifted enough to start on a conference championship team.

Campbell is everyone’s Greentree All American, but he’s been abysmal come game day and is always injured.

Mario has to upgrade those spots to even have a prayer of putting out a respectable line. And then pray we don’t have injuries.

Advertisement
Clark is not good enough. Same reason we complained about Gaynor. Great kids just not athletically gifted enough to start on a conference championship team.

Campbell is everyone’s Greentree All American, but he’s been abysmal come game day and is always injured.

Mario has to upgrade those spots to even have a prayer of putting out a respectable line. And then pray we don’t have injuries.
Looking forward to seeing how Rodriguez progressed from his first year

Advertisement
Y'all penciling in Scaife and Campbell like they are sure guarantees or almost guarantees to start... let's see after spring. Mirabal has some tricks up his sleeve. I don't see either one starting anymore here.
I always liked Campbell's potential at guard. Doesn't have the nimble feet to play tackle. I'll trust Mirabal's process though.

Advertisement
I always liked Campbell's potential at guard. Doesn't have the nimble feet to play tackle. I'll trust Mirabal's process though.
Agreed. However, from what I've seen has the frame of a tackle. So in limited film from a couple years ago got some movement when played inside, turnstile on the outside. Really appears to need S & C, especially to look like Mario wants us to look particularly inside. Definitely questioned Justice having Campbell starting at T pre-injury last off-season. Is there a fit for this guy? Swing-man reserve?

I’m not comfortable where we are at RT..I think we need another body/portal addition there
We need a portal Tackle badly.

I want someone to come in to start and anchor.

Real talk....wanna see how Campbell comes back..and hopefully he can grab an INTERIOR spot. I honestly think Scaife needs to be pushed out and into a swing spot. Dont think he should be a full time starter unless we see a lot of improvement. I still think his best spot is at RT.

Y'all penciling in Scaife and Campbell like they are sure guarantees or almost guarantees to start... let's see after spring. Mirabal has some tricks up his sleeve. I don't see either one starting anymore here.
Hope no one is a sure starter on OL. Would mean competition has stepped up all across. The trenches need players fighting hard to just be a starter

Advertisement
Why hasn't anyone brought up this unit below?

Dude looked like a 325 running back while playing as an extra tight end last season. It seems like he would be be a fit for a power or zone scheme.

1644694885256.png

1644696305729.png

Why hasn't anyone brought up this unit below?

Dude looked like a 325 running back while playing as an extra tight end last season. It seems like he would be be a fit for a power or zone scheme.

View attachment 177580
View attachment 177582

I'm expecting him to start. The top 3 of Rivers, Nelson and Oluwaseun are good enough to get us to the ACCCG and hold their own vs. A&M. Sagopolu may be a guy who deserves to be in the conversation. But I don't see the other guys at that level right now. Hope someone steps up. But I'd rather be certain with another top portal or two along the OL.

Having a second running play in the offense might help as well.
If I remember correctly, JJ only had five running plays in the playbook. He ran some variations off of those plays, but he had good O-linemen and they dominated.

Advertisement
Back