Oline

Clark is not good enough. Same reason we complained about Gaynor. Great kids just not athletically gifted enough to start on a conference championship team.

Campbell is everyone’s Greentree All American, but he’s been abysmal come game day and is always injured.

Mario has to upgrade those spots to even have a prayer of putting out a respectable line. And then pray we don’t have injuries.
Why debate? Clark nor Scaife good enough. We've seen it too many times.

Advertisement
I think Ole Miss ran it for 200+ yards a game. I think with the coaching change, it’s reasonable to expect Miami to rush for 200+ yards a game. That’s a big jump and I understand that, but Miami has an above average coaching staff now and I think K Smith will get the very best out of his RB room. Same with Alex, I think he’s going to fix Miami’s run blocking issues.
Corral ran a lot
I think it’s gonna be hard to run for that without a running qb

I said it about Nelson and Clark, and I'll say it about Cooper. If we're starting a true freshman along our line we're not a good line. Cooper isn't Evan Neal or Seantrel. And even those guys struggled as Freshmen. We need grown *** men. Go portal hunting please, especially at RT.

Advertisement
I said it about Nelson and Clark, and I'll say it about Cooper. If we're starting a true freshman along our line we're not a good line. Cooper isn't Evan Neal or Seantrel. And even those guys struggled as Freshmen. We need grown *** men. Go portal hunting please, especially at RT.
Jalen rivers at RT

As much as Lashlee got TVD in the 2nd half of the year playing great I was completely disappointed in his approach and playcalling with the running game

Mirabal, Mario and Gattis will get us to be above average. If we don’t avg 225+ a game rushing I’ll be shocked
Then prepare to be shocked. Michigan didnt run for that much a game last year. To put things in perspective, Michigan rushed for 215 yds a game good for 15th in the nation while Miami rushed for 127 yds a game ranking 95th. For a bit more perspective, Georgia the national champion rushed for 190 yds a game ranking 38th in the country. There were only 2 P5 schools in the top ten in rushing offense. Arkansas at #7 with 228 yds rushing a game and Baylor at #10 with 219 ypg. From #11 to #14 it was Tennessee, Ole Miss, Utah and UCLA who ranged from 215 to 218 ypg. Others of note were Syracuse at #16, UNC at #18, Wisconsin at #21, UiF #23, Oregon #24(202 ypg) and Kentucky #25.

I have nothing but the utmost confidence in Coach Cristobal and his staff to improve our rushing offense significantly but 225 ypg is a pipe dream. Also, considering the fact that we have a Heisman caliber QB and a very good WR group I just dont see the 225 ypg rushing as being realistic. I would guess anywhere from 150 to 175 is more feasible. I'm going to say 165 ypg rushing and 350 ypg passing which would make us a very prolific offense. For comparison last season we threw for 321 ypg which was #10 in the nation.

Last edited:
I like the left side with Zion and a healthy Rivers
Jakai finished the season well at center
RG will probably be the kid from oregon
RT is campbell or portal guy

Either way I hope to see better technique, communication and more reps on stunts and twists in practice cause lord knows a simple TE stunt was like geometry for us lol

Anyone got updates on weight/progress
for Michael Mclaughlin or Chris Washington?
Or are they just gna ride the bench for the foreseeable future

Would love to see one of them step up.. or to hear from Issiah walker if he’s overcome the mental side of things.

Got a ton of bodies and projects on the bench but no signs of progress lol

Got hope for Ryan Rodriguez and Big baby Seymore, thinkin they get their feet wet a bit this season

Advertisement
I like the left side with Zion and a healthy Rivers
Jakai finished the season well at center
RG will probably be the kid from oregon
RT is campbell or portal guy

Either way I hope to see better technique, communication and more reps on stunts and twists in practice cause lord knows a simple TE stunt was like geometry for us lol
Yup that's exactly how I view thi O-line this year those 5

Advertisement
If Zion gets pushed to right tackle then we know we have upgraded. Stay left then same Old

Do you think Ryan Rodriguez is being overlooked for snaps under the new HC and Oline coach with their reputation for developing offensive lineman?
Ryan will get his snaps , he’s physical his play will demand it.

I remember as a freshman wondering how to get noticed.

In every drill when in line I’d look across find the toughest dude and count players so I could MAN UP and take my shots .

I did this also in sprints I get with RB’s and coaches would yell HEY LOOK fat boy thinks he’s fast LOLOL we’ll I ran a 4.7 at 210 as a freshman they didn’t know this till the whistle blows I trained before high school after going to Glades jr high with RB’s at Miller road park ALL DAY everyday till high school football started 👀 popped out when I was right there step by step .

All this aggressiveness catches eyes and attention I’m here and I’m going to play

What I’m saying is if Ryan trains and stays aggressive and physical he’ll play.

Advertisement
Fantastic question. We have always gotten decent talent on OL. KC McDermott and Trevor Darling we’re highly ranked croots and we’re just okay here.

It’s always made me think why can’t our o like be good. We have enough talent to have strong o-lines and yet haven’t had a good one in years. Something gotta give.

Jalen rivers at RT

I am all in on Rivers as a top talent. And Rivers was really good for a TF. But he wasn't dominant, and we need that to get to the ACCCG and hopefully beat Clemson. The position is too physical for even the best 18/19 year olds. If we want to win championships we cannot rely on freshmen on the line.

Clark is not good enough. Same reason we complained about Gaynor. Great kids just not athletically gifted enough to start on a conference championship team.

Campbell is everyone’s Greentree All American, but he’s been abysmal come game day and is always injured.

Mario has to upgrade those spots to even have a prayer of putting out a respectable line. And then pray we don’t have injuries.
Always thought Campbell looked good at OG in his limited playing time there.

Agree that he has never been anything but awful at RT, and yet every year the coaches and insiders try to hand him the job.

Campbell has a tackle body but a guard game. Hopefully, he is healthy this spring and gets a shot inside. Him and Sagapolu could give us two really big, strong dudes in there who can move people. I could see Rivers getting a look at RT. Anybody know his status for spring?

LT - Nelson
LG - Scaife/Oluwaseun
C - Sagapolu
RG - Campbell
RT - Rivers

Obviously, it’s possible we bring in another transfer but until it happens I’m not completely counting on it.

Advertisement
Back