Older players not caring

Would you care if you were a defensive player that was ranked top 20 in defense but you still lost 6 games because your offense is dog****?

And we pacifying the "transfer theartners" by giving em starting jobs and more playing time at a position where guys already got recruited to play. Alot of team losing, 1st time headcoaching mistakes were made by coach diaz, he was part of the culture problem from that standpoint. Im not blaming no player at UM if they want to take a chance on leaving early, when got the main meglomaniac in enos already , one of the most selfish coaches on deck, *****'em!

Advertisement
it was obvious just watching the game. The problem is, Manny cries about the culture being bad.....these are the players he recruited. He is part of the problem
It was obvious that guys didn’t care? You saw it on their faces under their face masks? In effort? Or just the dancing from backups and walk-ons who don’t play? Stop making **** up....you didn’t see not caring anywhere. That’s what cliched **** coaches say about culture when they are in way over their head and can’t say that they themselves stink

Last edited:
It was obvious that guys didn’t care? You saw it on their faces under their face masks? In effort? Or just the dancing from backups and walking who don’t play? Stop making **** up....you didn’t see not caring anywhere. You cliched **** coaches say about culture when they are in way over their head and can’t say that they themselves stink

I’m talking about the players playing at 50% speed. If you didn’t see it you are either one of the players, or family of a player. It was clear as day. You don’t lose to Ga Tech and FIU with our roster if they are all playing 100%. They gave up multiple times a year.

Advertisement
Who’d you hear from? This is the same bull**** that gets said all the time when we suck.... as opposed to the obvious which is that our coaches stink.

I agree 100%

Who is out there saying that? Its amazing how some people always "hear" from "some" imaginary person(s) what they already believed in the 1st place.

I think these same Schizo people hear other voices... like their dog telling them to lick its balls.... or to put silverware in the microwave

Players play how they're coached. Coach is lost = players playing like they're lost

What Senior gonna coast when it costs him $$$ in the draft.....makes absolutely NO sense

Last edited:
If Manny is playing guys who don’t care because he scared of depth he’s never going to be a great coach and might be worst than I thought.

He lost to Duke, FIU and Ga Tech.....how much worst does he think the team will perform...

How much talent does he need to beat those 3 programs?

See these are the things that on the surface seem like sound logic...then you look at it closer and realize it’s nothing but the excuses of a loser.

if you took out the supposed 5-6 kids that didn’t care...our backups on paper where still higher rated thank those 3 teams.

If you took only the top players from Duke, FIU and Ga Tech and put them on one team...our backups should still roll them.

These excuses will doom Manny because he’s never going to analyze things without prejudice. He’s going to say he’s not the problem and blame something else.

And these are the internal cultural issues that will cause him to lose the team.

So upper classmen can goof off all year and give no effort, never lose their spot....but now you want to have a QB competition?

What are trying to accomplish here?
I think we would all be shocked at how much worse it could get if we rolled the 2nd and 3rd team players out there.

Or maybe because in south Florida they grow up hearing about "getting paid". When your goal is to make it to da league, you're not all that concerned with anything except preserving yourself for the draft.
If you're concerned about making it to the league then you play your a$$ off. You show out.

South Florida kids at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, etc seem to care.

Advertisement
I agree 100%

Who is out there saying that? Its amazing how some people always "hear" from "some" imaginary person(s) what they already believed in the 1st place.

I think these same Schizo people hear other voices... like their dog telling them to lick its balls.... or to put silverware in the microwave

Players play how they're coached. Coach is lost = players playing like they're lost

What Senior gonna coast when it costs him $$$ in the draft.....makes absolutely NO sense

This is true. I know someone whose spouse is connected to the team.

Last year, supposedly, the kids didn't care if they lost. We heard something like this echoed by Haselwood and it rings true. I heard that following UF there was genuine anger and frustration that they didn't pull it out. There was a sense that things had changed. I haven't followed up since then so I have no idea what's happened since UF.

I'd guess that as the losses mounted, the indifference mounted too, but I don't know.

Regardless, there was a culture problem. We have to hope that Manny can stomp it out or change it, otherwise we're screwed. There was a Barry Jackson article in the summer about Manny recruiting hyper-competitive kids. (I think the example was one unnamed recruit that played that arcade basketball game until he won.)

I think we would all be shocked at how much worse it could get if we rolled the 2nd and 3rd team players out there.
Exactly you see what happened when we had 2 injuries on the Oline? Those boys came in and it was bad. Also before the season you lose Bradley Jennings, Waymon Steed, and Wilder. LB depth went down. Defense on the field too long because we are the worse third down offense in FBS. That is just my reason for supporting the defense still. Bubba Bolden was a huge loss and we could not start the season with him, because of NCAA. I think we will be surprised with the turnaround next year. Just worried about the O, until changes are made.

This is true. I know someone whose spouse is connected to the team.

Last year, supposedly, the kids didn't care if they lost. We heard something like this echoed by Haselwood and it rings true. I heard that following UF there was genuine anger and frustration that they didn't pull it out. There was a sense that things had changed. I haven't followed up since then so I have no idea what's happened since UF.

I'd guess that as the losses mounted, the indifference mounted too, but I don't know.

Regardless, there was a culture problem. We have to hope that Manny can stomp it out or change it, otherwise we're screwed. There was a Barry Jackson article in the summer about Manny recruiting hyper-competitive kids. (I think the example was one unnamed recruit that played that arcade basketball game until he won.)

I always appreciate anyone who says IMO versus seeking to validate their opinion by using a made up I heard "someone" say story.

I agree that there may be a culture problem. But the HC sets the tone for his team's culture.

It's disingenuous to blame a culture that you helped to make as if it's a problem you inherited.

This team wont improve until the coaches acknowledge their weaknesses and seek a remedy for them....or are fired.

We need a coach that takes responsibility and takes action towards solving our problems and improving our team....not someone who blames all his failures on others or circumstances.

If Manny is that guy great...if not its beyond time to move on.

Advertisement
If you're concerned about making it to the league then you play your a$$ off. You show out.

South Florida kids at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, etc seem to care.

Of course they do, because they are surrounded by guys who grew up in different environments. Take one Miami-Dade kid and put him at Ohio State and he had better get it together in a hurry if he wants to keep up. Give UM and FIU 60 Miami-Dade kids each and you get 6-6.

I always appreciate anyone who says IMO versus seeking to validate their opinion by using a made up I heard "someone" say story.

I agree that there may be a culture problem. But the HC sets the tone for his team's culture.

It's disingenuous to blame a culture that you helped to make as if it's a problem you inherited.

This team wont improve until the coaches acknowledge their weaknesses and seek a remedy for them....or are fired.

We need a coach that takes responsibility and takes action towards solving our problems and improving our team....not someone who blames all his failures on others or circumstances.

If Manny is that guy great...if not its beyond time to move on.
Totally agree. Blaming others doesn't get you anywhere, and isn't leadership. I don't know how it's done, but leaders set out a vision and get others to buy in. If you blame players, if you blame the culture, all you're really doing is saying you can't fix it. That's a failure of coaching.

Not to mention the bit where Manny helped build this culture.

Not to mention the bit where Manny helped build this culture.

I think the culture stems from the recruiting area. That doesn't let Manny off the hook for not getting them to change, but it's a geographic culture problem, not a locker room culture problem.

Advertisement
I think the culture stems from the recruiting area. That doesn't let Manny off the hook for not getting them to change, but it's a geographic culture problem, not a locker room culture problem.
I disagree. Good coaches take kids and mold them so they fit into the football culture the coach builds. Bad coaches let the kids dictate what the culture will be. Meyer may have let his players get their murder on, but he demanded excellence on the field first. It's like parenting...you have to be the one in charge, not the kids.

I disagree. Good coaches take kids and mold them so they fit into the football culture the coach builds. Bad coaches let the kids dictate what the culture will be. Meyer may have let his players get their murder on, but he demanded excellence on the field first. It's like parenting...you have to be the one in charge, not the kids.

Well it's easier to mold some kids than others. Taking 60 kids from a cesspool educational system creates more challenges than anywhere else in the country.

Who’d you hear from? This is the same bull**** that gets said all the time when we suck.... as opposed to the obvious which is that our coaches stink.
Either way the coaches stink. Players play hard and we loss -- coaches stink. Players quit on team -- coaches stink. The buck stops at the top, always and everywhere.

Well it's easier to mold some kids than others. Taking 60 kids from a cesspool educational system creates more challenges than anywhere else in the country.
I taught school in Dade in early 70's. It was same cesspool but Howard, JJ and Butch managed just fine. System is softer on kids today, that is true, but it is also virtually universal. Even the Catholic schools have gone to seed. Education system is instrumental in the destruction of our society but I am not sure we can blame it for our Canes.

Advertisement
Back