Older players not caring

One of the things I’ve heard is that some of the older guys don’t care about losing and where not giving full effort, they just are focused on the next level. This is what I heard through the season Not knowing who the players are. But when I was told, it was directed towards D players.

So With some of these questionable leaving early deals I’m starting to get an idea of who they had been referencing, so not overly worried about any of these dudes leaving early
Another reason why coaching matters. SMDH

Advertisement
One of the things I’ve heard is that some of the older guys don’t care about losing and where not giving full effort, they just are focused on the next level. This is what I heard through the season Not knowing who the players are. But when I was told, it was directed towards D players.

So With some of these questionable leaving early deals I’m starting to get an idea of who they had been referencing, so not overly worried about any of these dudes leaving early

Same thing different year. I'm sure you'll hear the incoming freshman class talk about "not on my watch", or "we;'re going to change the culture here", only they'll realize that the disease is not with the players but rather with the staff. The disease affects all the kids.

That said, Garvin never struck me as a leader on defense and I'm not terribly surprised.

I've said it before, but imagine having to play in this stupid scheme for these stupid coaches.

Where even if you give 110% on everything, you still have to split reps with knowles or patchan or still might not even play.

If the scheme was great and players feasted, got developed properly (not regressing) and we were competing against top teams, the players would stick around.

It's the coaches fault. The virus or culture problem starts with their ineptitude.

My question would be...

If the culture is right, then why are players "not caring"? Especially older players that YOU recruited and developed.

Maybe it's cause this program is a **** show. A joke. We got dumb a$$ props and 300lb fruit cakes dancing on the sideline while losing 13-0 to FIU.
We breed a friendly fun environment filled with complacency and excuses. I wouldn't doubt if some of our kids don't care.

Nothing says "I care" like having a dance party on the sidelines during losses.

Advertisement

Ah yes another Hecht shill blaming the players. If the players dont care thats a reflection of their cuck HC.

The problem is not them leaving, the problem is who is going to fill their shoes. See you later, dumb asses. I want to see the day we say, see ya, there is another beast right behind you. Thanks.
We need solid depth to get to that point. It will take at least 2-3 more recruiting classes.
as much flack as Manny is getting this is something he eluded to several times in interviews. He doesn't have the depth to challenge some of the attitudes that top guys are displaying. Multiple people are saying if we had 22 DJ Dallas on the team, we would be undefeated because of his attitude. The mentality is weak overall. But if you had the next Alpha ready to go, it makes a difference. If a guys worse game is better than the next guy coming in then that hurts. Hopefully 2020 class is even better than the potential from 2018. We need to quit negative recruiting ourselves too as a fan base. Other than firing Enos this staff has potential, and the defensive staff has proven they can get it right with a unified front. Enos is the only person I cannot support on this team at this time.

are u talking about VT when Jarren threw 3 ints in first quarter? Are u talking about GT when kicker missed like 5 fgs and special teams gave up a td? Are u talking about FIU when Jarren played like he has never played football before? Are you talking about Duke when Jarren had to be benched because he couldn't complete a pass? Are u talking about Florida when the offense gave up 9 sacks and couldn’t move the ball for ****?

I’ll give you the NC game though because they sucked on D esp giving up the 4th and 17 or whatever it was.
Sorry, but the defense has had their fair share of playing like absolute crap this year too. Against FIU our vaunted front 7, that dominated against FSU and Louisville, looked completely disinterested, slow, out of place and overmatched from the outset. Somehow Garvin, Nesta, Rousseau, Hill, etc. were being manhandled by the FIU O-line, and not getting near the backfield.

Advertisement
My question would be...

If the culture is right, then why are players "not caring"? Especially older players that YOU recruited and developed.

Maybe it's cause this program is a **** show. A joke. We got dumb a$$ props and 300lb fruit cakes dancing on the sideline while losing 13-0 to FIU.
We breed a friendly fun environment filled with complacency and excuses. I wouldn't doubt if some of our kids don't care.

Nothing says "I care" like having a dance party on the sidelines during losses.

Or maybe because in south Florida they grow up hearing about "getting paid". When your goal is to make it to da league, you're not all that concerned with anything except preserving yourself for the draft.

I think Bandy cares, he's yelling at his teammates showing emotion when they ***** up.

bandy, shaq, pink care. deejay on offense does. the issue is there ar those that do not and then you have dudes who have made up their mind that theyre gone regardless of the year they had. it doesnt help when guys arent fully invested. winning can fix this though

Bruh,
Let me lay this out for you

When Randy took over he said the older players didn’t care. He wanted winners and the class with all the MNW kid wanted to bring the U back and would be the foundation....

Fast forward when Golden took over ...he said Randy’s older players didn’t care. And that Duke Johnson, Tracy Howard and those guys would be the ones who were different.

Now Manny has taken over and he says the older players ( half of whom he’s recruited and groomed) don’t care and that this ground of 18 years old are now the answer who will be the difference.

What’s the common denominator among all those guys, they never ran a high a level super successful program or company so they don’t understand that it’s not the players it’s the environment and the culture. They were all stubborn, each of them thought their schemes were perfect, surrounded themselves with terrible coaches for the wrong reasons. ( the parallels between Manny and Shannon are frightening...Randy said he hired Nix because he gave his defense problems...nix field a terrible offense..Diaz said he hired Enos because his offense gave him problems...yup)

Why can the Heat turnundrafted and unheralded NBA players into quality contributors and the Knicks and Cavs are firing coaches left and right?

Why can Bill Belichick turn a mid round drafted and turn him into a pro bowler and when they leave they are trash?

It’s culture, leadership, ppl and player development, a commitment to excellence, being a master strategist, being humble and being more committed to the process of winning and willing to adjust, than being committed to their “system” becuase they are soo smart.

Think about it when ppl look at the Patriots if you ask “what’s your system” it changes every week. Their system is the process and that is why they win.

See Manny believes that being a master Strategist is when your preferred scheme works every-time better than someone else. But in reality it’s adapting to the pieces you have and to taking away your opponents 1st plan of attack.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree tht the defense wasn’t great at times this year. My point is can you blame a defender on this team for not giving a crap anymore when the offense is historically terrible? Imagine playing on a short field the entire first half against VT because your QB is incompetent... imagine playing on a short field all game against a ****** FIU team because your qb is incompetent. Imagine playing a great first half against Duke on defense only to lose the game by 2 scores because your offense literally can’t complete a pass.

You think these Bama, Clemson, OSU dudes would play as dominant if they knew **** well there offense was garbage? Its human nature to eventually say enough is enough i’m sick of this BS.
This defense was a 3-4 loss defense no matter what excuses you want to make for them. That is not acceptable to me, and it should not be to you either.

You say that about FIU, but FIU had touchdown drives of 80 and 89 yards, and then the long touchdown run to seal it.

You talk about the Duke game, but the defense still gave up 27 points to Duke and blew a lead in the 4th. Duke’s TOP was under 27 minutes.

You can make excuses and lower standards. I refuse to do so. The defense this year was not as bad as the offense, but that does not mean it was good.

as much flack as Manny is getting this is something he eluded to several times in interviews. He doesn't have the depth to challenge some of the attitudes that top guys are displaying. Multiple people are saying if we had 22 DJ Dallas on the team, we would be undefeated because of his attitude. The mentality is weak overall. But if you had the next Alpha ready to go, it makes a difference. If a guys worse game is better than the next guy coming in then that hurts. Hopefully 2020 class is even better than the potential from 2018. We need to quit negative recruiting ourselves too as a fan base. Other than firing Enos this staff has potential, and the defensive staff has proven they can get it right with a unified front. Enos is the only person I cannot support on this team at this time.

If Manny is playing guys who don’t care because he scared of depth he’s never going to be a great coach and might be worst than I thought.

He lost to Duke, FIU and Ga Tech.....how much worst does he think the team will perform...

How much talent does he need to beat those 3 programs?

See these are the things that on the surface seem like sound logic...then you look at it closer and realize it’s nothing but the excuses of a loser.

if you took out the supposed 5-6 kids that didn’t care...our backups on paper where still higher rated thank those 3 teams.

If you took only the top players from Duke, FIU and Ga Tech and put them on one team...our backups should still roll them.

These excuses will doom Manny because he’s never going to analyze things without prejudice. He’s going to say he’s not the problem and blame something else.

And these are the internal cultural issues that will cause him to lose the team.

So upper classmen can goof off all year and give no effort, never lose their spot....but now you want to have a QB competition?

What are trying to accomplish here?

bandy, shaq, pink care. deejay on offense does. the issue is there ar those that do not and then you have dudes who have made up their mind that theyre gone regardless of the year they had. it doesnt help when guys arent fully invested. winning can fix this though
It’s unbelievable that players with automatically leave school regardless if they will get drafted or not

Advertisement

maybe this atmosphere has been set up for years from previous coaches

If Manny is playing guys who don’t care because he scared of depth he’s never going to be a great coach and might be worst than I thought.

He lost to Duke, FIU and Ga Tech.....how much worst does he think the team will perform...

How much talent does he need to beat those 3 programs?

See these are the things that on the surface seem like sound logic...then you look at it closer and realize it’s nothing but the excuses of a loser.

if you took out the supposed 5-6 kids that didn’t care...our backups on paper where still higher rated thank those 3 teams.

If you took only the top players from Duke, FIU and Ga Tech and put them on one team...our backups should still roll them.

These excuses will doom Manny because he’s never going to analyze things without prejudice. He’s going to say he’s not the problem and blame something else.

And these are the internal cultural issues that will cause him to lose the team.

So upper classmen can goof off all year and give no effort, never lose their spot....but now you want to have a QB competition?

What are trying to accomplish here?
most of the losses the only talent he needed was a kicker with a pulse. Some of the kicking woes were deflating for both sides of the ball and those same dudes who use to quit in adversity or after losing to FSU or something. That attitude rose it's head back up often this season. So not only could some people not handle the adversity and bounce back, but they also could not handle the success. They looked the worse against the worse teams on our schedule and beat the teams we said we could potentially lose to. Someone make sense of this.

Advertisement
Back