Older players not caring

Advertisement
Older guys begin to not care once they realize the opportunity to have a "successful season" is over. Once you lose more than 3 games a team like Miami with high expectations always gives up.

That comes with the territory of expecting to win the Coastal every year.

How about the three or four games the defense had a hand in? Please keep your stats. They had leads in the fourth and blew them multiple times.

are u talking about VT when Jarren threw 3 ints in first quarter? Are u talking about GT when kicker missed like 5 fgs and special teams gave up a td? Are u talking about FIU when Jarren played like he has never played football before? Are you talking about Duke when Jarren had to be benched because he couldn't complete a pass? Are u talking about Florida when the offense gave up 9 sacks and couldn’t move the ball for ****?

I’ll give you the NC game though because they sucked on D esp giving up the 4th and 17 or whatever it was.

Advertisement
The irony is these guys are not good enough to coast and loaft and put out bad film and it will cost them $$.

These kids are living in a bubble if they think the NFL is an entitlement that's waiting to be graced by their presence. The first thing any Miami coach should do with incoming freshmen is give them a reality check on NFL life.

This fact is how you know the effort or “buy in” problem is bigger than the players.

Upperclassmen are said to be goofing off, but still play major minutes.

The claim is this has been going on for years. If this is true and allowed to be, what effect do we expect over the long term?

The University of Coral Gables has become accountability optional. BOT won’t hold AD accountable. AD won’t hold coaching staff accountable. Coaching staff won’t hold players accountable.

But the players are expected to buy in when everyone proves that ANY talk of accountability is just some fake rah rah bullshyt that no one has the balls or integrity to make real.

As coaches you have to step up and squash it. Make kids work harder in practice and games for PT. Build the culture that it's not going to be tolerated and other players need to self police it as well. Also explain and show kids how bad tape/bad effort on tape will only hurt their draft opportunities because team will find it. Stop living off the success of past players and the U on the helmet as a reason to slide by in today's football landscape. Prove yourself as another legit player to come through this University and not just another college player who didn't maximize his potential.

Advertisement
it was obvious just watching the game. The problem is, Manny cries about the culture being bad.....these are the players he recruited. He is part of the problem

This has been part of Miami's culture for the past 15 years; ever since 7-6 seasons have become more commonplace.

It's also very common in college football as a whole; guys checking out when conference or national championship aspirations are off the table—at programs that expect more.

There's a reason an Auburn lost to a Central Florida in the Peach Bowl years back—a game that meant everything to the Knights and nothing to the Tigers, who wanted to beat Alabama, win the SEC West, as well as the conference.

Same reason an Alabama lost in a Sugar Bowl to Utah a decade ago—as the Crimson Tide wanted to be in the national title game and lost to Florida in the SEC Championship—as well as a slew of other games like this over the past several years where bigger teams check out late season when there's theoretically nothing left to play for.

These are a lot of the same guys who were balling out in 2017—but are since a bit dejected after going 13-15 since that 10-0 start in 2017.

Things would be night and day right now if these kids were 8-4 and didn't **** away the last two games. Unfortunately they did, so this is what you're dealing with. It is what it is. Get a new crop of kids out there next year with some youthful exuberance and heart and start the process over.

are u talking about VT when Jarren threw 3 ints in first quarter? Are u talking about GT when kicker missed like 5 fgs and special teams gave up a td? Are u talking about FIU when Jarren played like he has never played football before? Are you talking about Duke when Jarren had to be benched because he couldn't complete a pass? Are u talking about Florida when the offense gave up 9 sacks and couldn’t move the ball for ****?

I’ll give you the NC game though because they sucked on D esp giving up the 4th and 17 or whatever it was.
The classic CanesInsight either or response. The offense sucked ***. There is no question about that. But when the defense has the lead in the fourth, it is on them to finish it off. So this season, I will attribute UNC and Duke to start. Giving up 30 points to FIU is inexcusable. Did the offense allow that TD run up the gut? VT was a disaster. The turnovers are valid, but so is the fact that this defense allowed teams to drive on them and score at crucial moments.

Advertisement
Upper class men on not caring? Garvin shaq Pinckney bandy we lookin at you.

In fairness Shaq and Pinck where the 1st two I thought of because those where the only 2 on D I thought could be drafted. But Shaq balled out all year and Pinck posts a lot of 💩 on Instagram but I believe he tries and cares. But some of these juniors declaring it makes more sense and each have been super low key all year. Going through the motions

One of the things I’ve heard is that some of the older guys don’t care about losing and where not giving full effort, they just are focused on the next level. This is what I heard through the season Not knowing who the players are. But when I was told, it was directed towards D players.

So With some of these questionable leaving early deals I’m starting to get an idea of who they had been referencing, so not overly worried about any of these dudes leaving early
Reaching

Advertisement
Older players don't care, so the solution is an infusion of youth...

Then when young guys get in they're not ready yet & make tons of mistakes & then the excuse for losing is how we're too young...

That's the cycle at Miami lol.
Miami has been recycling the same excuses for years. Cant wait for the next coach's first presser, I find the "blowing smoke up our @sses" phase the most enjoyable.

That may be why Manny's hyped about the 2920 class attitude. I would really like to see another championship season.
Made me think. Miami will be 20,000 leagues under the sea by 2920 or a desert. Not sure.

Maybe no planet.

Maybe my grandkids will be living forever on another planet on a plant based diet.

Advertisement
Back