Older players not caring

Advertisement
I think this is just fans looking for something you can't actually see through a microscopic view.

I don't think effort is a problem. I've seen this team play until the final whistle in most games.

What I do think is a general statement about today's youth and young men in general. They move on quicker from losses and don't hold onto it. I used to hate losing. My teammates hated the idea of losing. We knew our entire schedule as soon as it was posted and got hyped about playing teams x, y, and z down the road.

Nowadays, players rarely know their next couple of opponents in sequence. It isn't just a case of not looking ahead while forgetting what's in front of you, but instead a general disinterest. I've seen that in youngins these days. Heck, we followed what everyone was doing, would read the paper, watch every game we could on television that had limited viewing, etc. I don't think these guys pay attention to what's going on besides what is right in front of them.

Just a different mindset these days. Seems they don't learn from mistakes as well and learn from them.

There are obvious exceptions and I imagine the mindset is more like it used to be in the power programs at this level, but still nowhere what it ised to be. Losses just don't mean as much anymore and the men I played with would rather smash themselves into pieces than take an L.

The coaches display the same lack of emotion during adversity. Just sayin.

Thank u; this.

What kid is going to bust his *** for a coach that’s incompetent and is not coaching him up? I’ve said this a million times; these kids come here to make it to the next level. These parents are entrusting their kids to these coaches to help them realize their dreams.

U don’t think these guys weren’t hyped to start the season? Look at our effort to begin the UF game; these kids were in it, but as I mentioned to start the season, let’s see how we respond if we lose to UF. RIGHT after that lost, we could clearly see how this season was going to be from top to bottom. Look no further than the UNC game.

These kids want out, man. T Hill already snapped on guys. That WWE ring ish was a sign of the culture Diaz was creating; we just didn’t know it.

The classic CanesInsight either or response. The offense sucked ***. There is no question about that. But when the defense has the lead in the fourth, it is on them to finish it off. So this season, I will attribute UNC and Duke to start. Giving up 30 points to FIU is inexcusable. Did the offense allow that TD run up the gut? VT was a disaster. The turnovers are valid, but so is the fact that this defense allowed teams to drive on them and score at crucial moments.

The whole team sucked. Amateur hour.

Advertisement
Made me think. Miami will be 20,000 leagues under the sea by 2920 or a desert. Not sure.

Maybe no planet.

Maybe my grandkids will be living forever on another planet on a plant based diet.

The problem is not them leaving, the problem is who is going to fill their shoes. See you later, dumb asses. I want to see the day we say, see ya, there is another beast right behind you. Thanks.
We need solid depth to get to that point. It will take at least 2-3 more recruiting classes.

The "need solid depth" excuse. Been hearing this one for a decade. yawn zzzz

The classic CanesInsight either or response. The offense sucked ***. There is no question about that. But when the defense has the lead in the fourth, it is on them to finish it off. So this season, I will attribute UNC and Duke to start. Giving up 30 points to FIU is inexcusable. Did the offense allow that TD run up the gut? VT was a disaster. The turnovers are valid, but so is the fact that this defense allowed teams to drive on them and score at crucial moments.

I agree tht the defense wasn’t great at times this year. My point is can you blame a defender on this team for not giving a crap anymore when the offense is historically terrible? Imagine playing on a short field the entire first half against VT because your QB is incompetent... imagine playing on a short field all game against a ****** FIU team because your qb is incompetent. Imagine playing a great first half against Duke on defense only to lose the game by 2 scores because your offense literally can’t complete a pass.

You think these Bama, Clemson, OSU dudes would play as dominant if they knew **** well there offense was garbage? Its human nature to eventually say enough is enough i’m sick of this BS.

Advertisement
One of the things I’ve heard is that some of the older guys don’t care about losing and where not giving full effort, they just are focused on the next level. This is what I heard through the season Not knowing who the players are. But when I was told, it was directed towards D players.

So With some of these questionable leaving early deals I’m starting to get an idea of who they had been referencing, so not overly worried about any of these dudes leaving early
Garvin!!! You can tell he checked out. Boy did not want to get hurt

Would you care if you were a defensive player that was ranked top 20 in defense but you still lost 6 games because your offense is dog****?
I get what you're saying and don't disagree that's the attitude. I'd think you'd wanna show out to the recruiters at the next level and shoot for big money. I guess if your girl is a dirty hoe, you might as well be the slimy pimp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I’m the coach and I see older guys not giving full effort and just going through the motions, then they would be riding the bench. I would rather lose with young players that play to win then lose with older guys playing safe to protect their nfl careers.

The only thing is that nfl teams like guys who love the game and play hard no matter what, so that they continue to play hard once they get the big contract. How many times have we seen guys bust tail in the league when on rookie contracts to get the second big payday only to suck it up once the money is in the bank?

tenor (2).gif

Advertisement
Back