OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

Advertisement
Still raw as ****. He’s improved quite a bit since Jr year but he needs a lot of work with pass blocking. Still looks stiff / robotic and slow. Run blocking will never be an issue , he’s just so mammoth and strong he can just overwhelm people.

Ya he feet still look awkward and a tad slow…But he just appears to be covering more grown with them imo lol.

The more I see him at LT, the more I want to see him at RG.
His kick step looks more like he’s thinking of doing the kick step versus just doing it . Like somebody doing a dance but counting the steps in their head versus naturally performing the dance. He needs so many more reps. Guard is his best bet , tackle would be asking a lot of him.

Advertisement
His kick step looks more like he’s thinking of doing the kick step versus just doing it . Like somebody doing a dance but counting the steps in their head versus naturally performing the dance. He needs so many more reps. Guard is his best bet , tackle would be asking a lot of him.

It's not just bad, but it's predictable. Go back to those highlights and watch his left knee and hip in his stance. Then compare pass versus run. His stance is way more open and exaggerated when he has to pass protect. No bueno. Even cheating in his stance, his kick step and base look bad in pass pro.

I'm no scout, but it seems like OG or bust for this young man.

This is a kid that you develop for 2 years and starts to get some reps as a red shirt Sophomore. He’s got a nasty streak, but needs a lot of work on technique and quickness. Not sure about him, but I think he’d have to be a guard.

Advertisement
I see it , good mauling pounder none stop till whistle.
I’m very familiar with interior line play and technique and clearly see this is a beast in formation a huge get no doubt.

These are hidden gems that every day fans miss out on noticing,

This young man is good for 350 no problem he’s physical awesome take.

EXCELLENT

GOCANES

Eh, I’m not seeing anything besides a kid who’s just bigger than everyone he’s up against. I know guys his size aren’t exactly ballerinas but I’m not seeing much, if any athleticism. He’s stiff and slow. Maaaaybe….he’s a multi-year project guard. More than likely he’s a kid who ends up transferring to a G5 school after not moving up the depth chart three years from now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw Sunny a couple weeks ago. He’s trying to slim down.

Seriously? I posted that as a joke about can't teach size comment. While true, you still need football talent, and only a small handful of big guys have that. Sunny never had the bend to be a top P5 player.

After I posted this, I Googled Sunny. He had a rough go after Miami and UCLA, which doesn't really make much sense to me. Hope he's grabbing his second chance.

You can’t teach size and this kid has the size. I’ve seen what Miami has done with Zion Nelson, Matt McCoy, and certainly Anez Cooper… therefore I am nothing but ready to see this kid.

After seeing what they have done with Anez Cooper..how can anyone doubt Mirabel and Mario? The OG position is locked down for the next 2 years anyway (Cooper and Kinsler) so this kid wont be needed until 2026 at earliest. But he passes the eye test. And hes got a mean streak.

Advertisement
Back