OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

LMAO yeah that's it. Restrepo was a mannequin and we turned him into a finely tuned athletic machine. Where do you guys come up with this ****?
Restrepo was a dawg from Day 1 we just had Rambo and Harley in 2021 but it was clear he was gonna be a baller. Sucked losing him to injury last year. That one might have been our biggest loss last year tbh just with him and his relationship with TVD

Advertisement

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The Giants will honor two youth flag football players as part of the league-wide partnership with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. The NFL and HHF have partnered for several years to recognize and celebrate Hispanic and Latino excellence in the football community, and this season will sustain this momentum by selecting and honoring outstanding Latino youth football players throughout the League's 32 club markets. The reimagined program highlights Latino excellence, while putting a focus on football and the next generation of fans and players. Each club will nominate two youth football players, with eight finalists receiving a grant award at a special ceremony during Super Bowl Week. The Giants 2023 honorees are Juan Minaya – Paramus Catholic High School senior offensive lineman who is one of the top linemen in the state, and recently committed to the University of Miami.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Go Canes[/BGCOLOR]
This is amazing

if he shows out then of course he doesn’t have to wait. Our starting RT is proof of that.

Thankfully Mario and Mirabel have built depth so he doesn’t have play if he isn’t ready.
Its slow on the board today! So, just messing wit Yu. Do we lose anybody from the ol after the season? Or does everyone have the opportunity to come back?

Advertisement
Kid looks like a bully. Finishing every play looking for a pancake, I can see why Miami has him as a take as of now.

I’m fine if he is in the class. Could he be a guard cause he is mauling on run plays but not sure if he can be a LT. Maybe a RT.

He’ll never play Tackle here, he’s an interior guy all the way.

I could see him hitting the field as a RSJr next to Tinilau as the RG. Hopefully he’s patient and works hard enough to make that happen.

Advertisement
He’ll never play Tackle here, he’s an interior guy all the way.

I could see him hitting the field as a RSJr next to Tinilau as the RG. Hopefully he’s patient and works hard enough to make that happen.

With the amount of kids that hit the portal who knows how long kids are willing to wait. I will say it doesn’t seem like OL hit the portal much unless they are at small schools and want to move up to bigger schools.

Mostly seems like skill players etc… hit portal way more. Mario should hit portal when needed on OL to plug holes and then keep building monster line where it’s full of mature players not dependent on freshmen often

I have a friend who coaches a D2 football school not too far from there and that’s his territory for recruiting. Said if there was a most drastically improved player award in the state it’s him. He started moving better, worked on technique, his over all IQ, etc. But like others have said he did say expect it to prob take 2 years for him to see the field…but that’s the norm for most OL anyway.

So unpredictable but sounds like they did find another massive upside kid

Advertisement
With the amount of kids that hit the portal who knows how long kids are willing to wait. I will say it doesn’t seem like OL hit the portal much unless they are at small schools and want to move up to bigger schools.

Mostly seems like skill players etc… hit portal way more. Mario should hit portal when needed on OL to plug holes and then keep building monster line where it’s full of mature players not dependent on freshmen often
There's likely going to be a few offensive linemen from Miami in the portal come the 4th. Right now, the only guys who have entered are grad transfers.

There's likely going to be a few offensive linemen from Miami in the portal come the 4th. Right now, the only guys who have entered are grad transfers.

I’m saying good OL that may see another year away from playing don’t leave. Guys who will never ever see the field yes will leave. OL seem to stick more than skill guys same as recruit goes. OL don’t flip near as much as other positions

Advertisement

Denis (Graduation)
Nelson (Graduation)
Cristobal (Graduation)
Washington (Graduation)
Sagapolu (Graduation)
Cohen (Draft)
Lee (Center)

That’s 7 guys.

Miami is bringing in 5 in the 2024 class (1 JUCO) and have offered a Transfer Portal kid.

Denis (Graduation)
Nelson (Graduation)
Cristobal (Graduation)
Washington (Graduation)
Sagapolu (Graduation)
Cohen (Draft)
Lee (Center)

That’s 7 guys.

Miami is bringing in 5 in the 2024 class (1 JUCO) and have offered a Transfer Portal kid.
Those guys all still have eligibility, right?

I’m saying good OL that may see another year away from playing don’t leave. Guys who will never ever see the field yes will leave. OL seem to stick more than skill guys same as recruit goes. OL don’t flip near as much as other positions
True. Javion Cohen was a really rare example.

Advertisement
Back