OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

Advertisement
Eh, I’m not seeing anything besides a kid who’s just bigger than everyone he’s up against. I know guys his size aren’t exactly ballerinas but I’m not seeing much, if any athleticism. He’s stiff and slow. Maaaaybe….he’s a multi-year project guard. More than likely he’s a kid who ends up transferring to a G5 school after not moving up the depth chart three years from now.
It seems we're banking on his raw size/strength + intangibles. If anyone can coach him up its Mirabal. As long as he does the work the work and accepts he won't sniff the field until year 2 at the earliest.

It seems we're banking on his raw size/strength + intangibles. If anyone can coach him up its Mirabal. As long as he does the work the work and accepts he won't sniff the field until year 2 at the earliest.
Actually this is fair assessment of how it should be , I concur. 🙌

X is a prime example came in able to catch that was basically it.
Went to work trained like no other and became like no other an elite WR uncover-able and NFL draft pick at the end of his college career.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Actually this is fair assessment of how it should be , I concur. 🙌

X is a prime example came in able to catch that was basically it.
Went to work trained like no other and became like no other an elite WR uncover-able and NFL draft pick at the end of his college career.

GOCANES
LMAO yeah that's it. Restrepo was a mannequin and we turned him into a finely tuned athletic machine. Where do you guys come up with this ****?

Huge upside with this kid. Easily worth the risk and would have ended up with a boatload of big offers. It’s up to him if he wants to be good. He works hard, he’ll be playing on our OL in 2026-2027.

LMAO yeah that's it. Restrepo was a mannequin and we turned him into a finely tuned athletic machine. Where do you guys come up with this ****?
Good stuff brother isn’t . here’s another one there a young kid across the street where I live off Bird Road .
His dad started playing / training him at basketball at an 8’ basket he could barely do anything it was somewhat sad couldn’t do anything at all.
I watched this from my living room this father and his son struggle every single day his father patience of a saint.
Now when I say every day I MEAN IT for hours up hours been a couple years now in Florida HEAT.
When I get home even today this kid will wave at me like every other day as I pull into my driveway.

I’ll fast forward to give you s break LOLOL.

Now he’s hitting 3’s every where corner 3 jump shots NBA 3’s nothing but snapping the net on every shot.
Tremendous follow up shots IF he misses, dribbling is as good as anyone in college any level and he’s in junior high .

I’m going to see him play when he goes to high school.

Amazing what a kid can do with a FATHER who pours all in love into his kids.

I’ll see this young man today hitting 3’s relentless as I drive up to him TODAY

GOCANES

He did an interview shortly after he committed and he seemed well spoken with a good attitude. He knows he needs to put in work. I don't think anyone including himself expects to start as a freshman. Guys like Mauigoa are rare, and Zion shouldn't even have been out their as a freshman but we didn't have much choice.

Advertisement
Good stuff brother isn’t . here’s another one there a young kid across the street where I live off Bird Road .
His dad started playing / training him at basketball at an 8’ basket he could barely do anything it was somewhat sad couldn’t do anything at all.
I watched this from my living room this father and his son struggle every single day his father patience of a saint.
Now when I say every day I MEAN IT for hours up hours been a couple years now in Florida HEAT.
When I get home even today this kid will wave at me like every other day as I pull into my driveway.

I’ll fast forward to give you s break LOLOL.

Now he’s hitting 3’s every where corner 3 jump shots NBA 3’s nothing but snapping the net on every shot.
Tremendous follow up shots IF he misses, dribbling is as good as anyone in college any level and he’s in junior high .

I’m going to see him play when he goes to high school.

Amazing what a kid can do with a FATHER who pours all in love into his kids.

I’ll see this young man today hitting 3’s relentless as I drive up to him TODAY

GOCANES
TLDR

He did an interview shortly after he committed and he seemed well spoken with a good attitude. He knows he needs to put in work. I don't think anyone including himself expects to start as a freshman. Guys like Mauigoa are rare, and Zion shouldn't even have been out their as a freshman but we didn't have much choice.
You would think so but we see kids bounce within their first couple years often, plus being an OOS kid makes that worse with the distance from home. Just gotta hope he's humble enough to put in work for 18 months without instant gratification via PT.

That looks like a big step forward imo…JR. tape was better one step, and now senior tape is more clear improvement.

I think this may be a good find here. Likely still a guard with an outside shot at RT, but I like what I see here. He's a friggin house
In Mario and Maribal I trust when it comes to OL recruitment and development.

Until proven otherwise, the one position that I unconditionally and unapologetically will never question is OL recruiting. Mirabal and Mario know what they are doing when it comes to evaluating and developing offensive lineman.
Agreed but impossible to hit on every kid. They will make mistakes just less than the other guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The Giants will honor two youth flag football players as part of the league-wide partnership with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. The NFL and HHF have partnered for several years to recognize and celebrate Hispanic and Latino excellence in the football community, and this season will sustain this momentum by selecting and honoring outstanding Latino youth football players throughout the League's 32 club markets. The reimagined program highlights Latino excellence, while putting a focus on football and the next generation of fans and players. Each club will nominate two youth football players, with eight finalists receiving a grant award at a special ceremony during Super Bowl Week. The Giants 2023 honorees are Juan Minaya – Paramus Catholic High School senior offensive lineman who is one of the top linemen in the state, and recently committed to the University of Miami.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Go Canes[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Back